“Clean, customer service driven hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Round Rock, Texas
“Clean, customer service driven hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I have actually stayed at this hotel a few times in the last couple months. Ernesto at the front desk is great. Requested upgrade and he was able to accommodate. I was surprised with a managers dinner with drinks, great way to wrap up a long day. Breakfast was great, I didn't catch the lady's name that managed it but she was very friendly. I am a pretty picky traveller but I found my home when I travel to the McAllen area.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordinarily I stay at another chain while in the McAllen / Pharr area, but I often stay at Hampton's while on the road, so I thought I'd call this one up and give it a try.

The girl who made the reservation assured me that there were many restaurants close by, and that some of the places I wanted to visit were only two or three miles away and could be visited by taxi for a few dollars.

So I arrived by their shuttle, which I later learned was not their shuttle, it belonged to their sister property in Mission, which I will get to in a bit. At either rate, I arrived and was given a very nice room, but found out that there was no working television. I called the front desk and asked when it would be fixed and was told "a little while". I then asked them to be a little more specific and was told it would be a few days. Which was irritating, but I was going to accept it and trudge on.

Now, there really are no decent restaurants in this area, just fast food joints and a topless bar. So if your into that sort of thing and dig cheeseburgers, this hotel might work for you. For me, when I ask if there are restaurants I mean sit down places where I can have some decent food. Not a Big Mac. It's also nice be able to have a drink, but my wife probably wouldn't appreciate it if I spent my evening at the gentleman's club across the street.

Now, here's where it all finally blew up. I did have a few places I needed to go, one in specific. It was exactly 2 miles from the hotel, and I needed to go there by taxi. I had them call me a cab, which came fairly quickly. But I was informed that it would cost $25 for the ride, EACH WAY. $50 for a 4 mile turnaround. Not exactly what was insinuated by their front desk staff when I booked the room. I thanked the cabbie and told him that I would not pay that much for such a short run. No thanks.

At this point I had had enough. I asked them to refund my money so I could change hotels and have their shuttle drive me over there. That's when they informed me that their shuttle really wasn't theirs, it belonged to their sister hotel in another city close by. I was also informed that there may not be a driver for a half hour or so.

Long story short, I ended up at another hotel. About an hour later I received a call from a lady claiming to be the general manager of the sister hotel claiming that she would like to apologize to me and make things up to me by giving me a free night's stay at her hotel, which is in Mission. I told her that would be great, I'd certainly be willing to give it another go. She took my email information and said I would be receiving information shortly on how to claim the free night and ended the conversation with a nice, "see you soon."

Ultimately nothing ever showed up in my email and I never did get a free night. They had my phone number and my Hilton rewards card number, but nothing showed up there or did I ever receive another call. I guess they just forgot.

That's ok, because it will affect my decisions over other Hampton's during my future travel. I am very disappointed, because this was never what I expected, nor what I have received in the past from The Hampton Inn's I've stayed at.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonPharr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sir,

I am contacting you in hopes to resolve this pending issue as stated on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately, several things went wrong with your visit as you stated and we tried our best to resolve the same but in vain. I believe someone from our sister property tried contacting you as well and apologized for all the inconvenience and tried making arrangements for you to stay with them in Mission.

I am reaching out to you in strong hope to resolve this pending matter as you might remember, me and my team on site at the property did everything we could at the property level to accommodate you. This negative review is a huge blow to the morale of my team, business and you can clearly see we have the least negative reviews than any other hotel because we here at the Hampton have a norm 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Please contact me directly at hamptonpharr@ogihotels.com or at 956-781-1116 so we may resolve this matter urgently and make it up to you for any inconvenience.

Anand Dutta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The people here take really good care of you. The service they have to offer is the best and are reasonable with the price for the excellent rooms. The staff here are a great group of people that offer comfort and make you feel at home. I have been staying here for quite a while and will continue ti stay as long as the ownership and management doesn't change.

• Stayed September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I'm here every 2 weeks on biz. I've stayed everywhere. Warm welcoming staff. When I'm hungry at midnight they'll open up fridge for me so I can have a late night yogurt. Great rooms especially king suite!

• Stayed July 2012
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful during our 2-night stay. The breakfast included oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, different hot options each day (like scrambled eggs one day and omelets another), various fruit, good juice, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, and tea/coffee. I also appreciate that the tea and coffee and some apples are left out all day so you can help yourself later in the day.

The pool and hot tub area was well kept and decently clean.

The room was excellent -- we were upgraded to a king-bed suite, which had a lot of room and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Great value. Best free hotel breakfast I have ever had. A nice happy hour with the manager upon arriving. Comfortable bed. Convenient location near the highway. Have already stayed here again and will continue to do so if business brings me back down to the valley.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We all know that Hampton Inn is a good value, with reasonable prices, clean rooms, and breakfast included. This Hampton Inn is a GREAT value, with all of the features described above, as well as fresh-baked cookies available in the lobby, a very welcoming staff, and clean common areas. The hotel is relatively new, and I hope they will continue to maintain such high standards! I will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr? Share your experiences!