“Decent room, great breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Pecos
“Decent room, great breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

after initial confusion about the name of the facility...Best Western has two hotels' 1 named Alpine Lodge, the other Swiss Clock Chalet. though the outside of the rooms look dated, the room turned out to be fine. The WiFi signal was strong and fast enough to stream two Netflix movies simultaneously. The $116 dollar price was a little steep but reasonable for the area. When we return from breakfast we were surprised to see a housekeeper cleaning in our room. perhaps we should have put the "Do Not Disturb" sign outside on the doorknob.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Overall, the Swiss Clock is a decent, if not older hotel. It was very clean and no bedbugs. At the time i visited they were renovating the lobby any I had to check in next door at the Swiss Chalet. No problems there. The staff was very friendly and even engaged in idle chit chat with me. The rooms are all ground floor and there is a lovely outdoor grassy area with trees, a pool, and some BBQ pits for cooking. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, despite a full house. Overall, it is not as beautiful as the Swiss Chalet, but it is far from being dumpy. You can tell the owners take pride in this older hotel. I cannot wait too see what the lobby looks like when renovated. Only one criticism, and it is minor, the parking for larger vehicles is limited, but there is a back lot that can accommodate campers and large vehicles.

• Stayed October 2012
Denison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Older American family owned motel that is taken care of exceptionally well. Housekeepers are very attentive, as is the front desk staff. Although close to the highway, rooms are very quiet. Try not to get a room on the back of the hotel where the 18 wheelers park,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were surprised how much hotels where in Pecos, TX. We only needed a room for the night as we drove cross country. Trip Advisor reviews helped us select this hotel which we paid $94 with a AAA discount. The room came with full breakfast included and free internet. We checked in fine, and were happy to find out all rooms are on the ground floor. You are able to park right in front of your room so unloading the car was easy. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and nice flat screen TV. I especially liked the Easy Clean remote they use in the rooms. This type of remote is better able to be cleaned by housekeeping, which is much appreciated by me. The room had coffee maker and everything we needed. Beds were excellent. When we first walked in there was a slight weird/damp odor but once we got the air on, the smell faded. The only downside was that we were given a room next to a dirt road, so when we got up in the morning, our car was completely covered with a light dust so thick our gray car looked white. But once we got on the road, the dust blew off and we were good to go.
The breakfast was great and the staff were very nice. Nice rest stop for us on our long road trip. The best thing was that offered a guest laundry room with FREE use of washer/dryers. You just had to supply your own soap. Very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the hotel, behind the restaurant. Stay away from the side with the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

There is not much to Pecos Texas...it seems like there were more motels than restaurants, so we didn't know what to expect with the room. Check in was quick and easy and the room was nice. Certainly not the nicest place we've ever stayed, but a clean, somewhat spacious room. It is all on one level and the doors open to the outside. The fitness facility was one of the nicest I've ever seen with what seemed to be brand new equipment.

The breakfast the next morning was awesome.

And I got a free shower cap!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brea, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The Swiss Clock Inn gave us a much needed restful night's sleep after a long days drive and a breakfast that started out day out right! I've stayed at this hotel many times and always find it comfortable and clean, and more recently up-to-date! We thought the location was perfect, right off the interstate, it was convenient! My girls usually enjoy the outdoor pool, I love that they accept pets, and my husband was happy with the value. It was a win, win for my family. I'd recommend it, completely, and plan on staying there the next time I pass through Pecos or West Texas!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pecos, Texas,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is one of those old fashioned single story motels that used to be the standard everywhere. It has everything you'd want for a nice stopover. It's a long way between places with any amenities out in West Texas and the Swiss Clock Inn is very nice discovery. I know that "big box" motels are fashionable these days, but I like being able to park my truck right outside the door. The pool is outside (how crazy is that) and right across from your room and is surrounded by more green grass and trees than you'll probably find in any one spot in the county. Yeah, the place is older, but it's been completely renovated. The rooms are large and clean, the beds are first class, the TV's are flat, and the towels are big, fluffy and many. The restaurant here is full service. "Free, Hot Breakfast" here is not rubber omelet things with see-through tofurkey bacon and last week's bagels. You will get a free REAL breakfast buffet with your stay (eggs to order if you choose). This is no doubt the best place to eat for miles around. The restaurant was completely remodeled last year and the folks in the kitchen CAN cook. The lunch buffet is excellent (comfort food city) and the regular menu has at least a dozen things you'll like a lot.The BLT is a meal for two and I thought my last T-bone was a Porterhouse. The salad bar is very good and I think someone's grandma makes the soup. Pets are welcome, but if someone had had a dog in my room before me, I couldn't tell. The staff really tries hard to please and everyone has done a great job of rising above the mediocrity to which so many hotels in small towns have succumbed. I am in Pecos a lot and there are at least four other "nicer" (translate - name brand) hotels in which I could stay, but this is my favorite. Don't need a cart for my stuff. No elevators or long halls. Good toilet paper. Internet works. Nice folks. What else do you need? I asked why there's a motel in West Texas called the Swiss Clock Inn and it's because it's owned and operated by a German family that evidently has pretty good sense of humor.

Jeff S.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Swiss Clock Inn? Share your experiences!