“New, Fresh, Clean, a Mirage in West Texas” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 South Frontage Road, Pecos, TX 79772   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Pecos
San Diego, California
“New, Fresh, Clean, a Mirage in West Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

As weary, tired travelers heading through the vast plains of West Texas, this new, sparkling property was a mirage in the distance.

Pecos is literally, "in the middle of nowhere." I love the old world, "Last Picture Show" quality to the downtown area, but when spending the night, I wanted top of the line. Having found this La Quinta Inn with the help of AAA, I was hoping for a clean property and comfortable bed.

I would like to personally congratulate the stellar staff at this property who welcomed us, our four animals and huge Penske truck, like valued guests. Laura, Yesinya, Yolanda, and Albert were all extremely helpful and eager to please. Breakfast was decent, not great, but included in the price of the room. We appreciated the eggs and toast.

The rooms were beautiful, clean, new. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, toiletries were nice. We felt safe there, and felt our loaded car and truck were also safe. There was ample lighting at night, lots of parking space for a large truck, and the lobby was clean and inviting. The rooms were fresh smelling, and decorated beautifully. I was surprised I was in a La Quinta in West Texas, given the nicely appointed rooms.

If I had one request, it would be to have a small coffee shop on site, or more than frozen food for sale. We arrived late at night and we were famished.

At first I scoffed at the price per night, given that this is Pecos, Texas, after all, but I was willing to pay the charges because this hotel was so clean, and so welcoming. I will definitely stay at La Quinta Inns again, and want to give a special shout out to the staff for their warm and professional welcome. Excellent experience in the middle of nowhere! Nicely done, La Quinta.

Room Tip: As two women traveling, we requested second floor, interior rooms for safety reasons.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Suzi B, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an elequant and positive review of our hotel here "in the middle of nowhere". It is our mission to take you to a resort-like destination, and by the sound of your wonderfull review, we did just that. Our staff was honored to give you the personal attention and service you deserve and so generously acknowledged.. Thank you again for your feedback and we can't wait to see you again!

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Because of the shale oil boom in west Texas La Quinta was smart to add this property. When I stayed here the girl at the front desk said it had been open three weeks. New is great.! Comfortable new beds, HDTV, granite bathrooms and expertly decorated. Pool was good, however the hot tub (like many LaQuintas) did not work. Fitness center was small but new equipment. Breakfast Buffet was great. Host went out of her way to fill your breakfast needs, even after the 9 o'clock AM deadline.
Only a few things were frustrating, and need to be changed. I could not get in the side door with my luggage because the oil field trucks were all backed up to the entrance. This could be fixed, simply by blocking off the parking space in front of the door. This needs to be done. Otherwise, all their landscaping will be trampled upon.
Also, the hot tub needs to work. Not sure what the deal is with LaQuinta and their hot tubs NOT working. Might call before your arrival to see if it is working?
In addition, the front desk in Riedoso had fresh baked cookies about 5pm. That would be a real plus for this hotel. Might take the "cold" feel off of it.
All in all, a great new hotel that just needs a few tweeks to be a great one.

Room Tip: Backside overlooks a golf course. Frontside looks that the Interstate20 and the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our new Pecos La Quinta. I am glad that we could be a part of your wonderful experience. Since being opened only a few weeks, we have since got the Hot Tub up and running perfectly and made adjustments to our parking area to give large trucks their own parking to allow guests to park near the doors. We thank you for your helpful tips and hope to see you again soon.
Richardson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would never had paid such a high price for a hotel except in this situation. 1) it was too cold to stick with the original plan of camping. 2) most other hotels with any availability also had reviews with bedbugs. This hotel is NEW. Strangely, the pool was warmer than the hot tub, but other than that it delivered. New is good. the next night we tent camped and spent a tenth of as much, but there you go. My son enjoyed the Texas-shaped waffle iron. Always like and establishment that decorates with local art or photography of local plant life and landscape!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Pecos La Quinta. Even though the cold weather prevented you from camping, it was to our benefit to be able to provide you with a warm and memorable experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Single female young professional traveler with one old dog. Traveled on business. One night, check in at 7pm, check out at 7am next day.

Obviously, new hotels are awesome and this was no exception. The hotel was right off the highway which made it extremely easy to find and get into. The grounds are really nice with plenty of areas to walk the dog and feel safe. Ample, well-lit parking lot.

Front desk was nice. Easy check-in but I had to ask for my Elite member gift (I really only need the water). The 'business center' are is right off the front desk near the stairwell door. Easy access. Beautiful dining room area with large TV, ample seating and their famous hot breakfast items (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc)

Room was immaculate and I really wished I could have stayed longer. The rooms were large with plenty of lighting and nice furnishings. I love the new hotel designs and layouts. The TV was huge and hung on the wall. I had a couch and two sitting chairs in a living area type space.

Bed was normal comfortable LQ bed. Bathroom was large and well-stocked. Thick, soft towels.

I could hear the hallway noise from the doors closing but I always bring a fan to drown out noise while sleeping.

The area legitimately reminds me of a sort of twilight zone area. NO DELIVERY FOOD OF ANY KIND IN THIS TOWN! I passed a wal-mart and a dennys on the way to pick up my food from the chinese palace nearby (not the best food, my stomach is still angry with me for eating it). Just the weirdest people around and the streets were a little messed up (or my navigation was getting interference?)

I would definitely stay again but I will be bringing my own food next time.....

Bad part....the price. Ugh, I hate it when they jack the prices!

Room Tip: I had 201....gorgeous room but it did NOT have the best view. It was fine for me and the dog
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your stay at the new Pecos ("The Twilight Zone") La Quinta. We enjoyed having you and your dog stay with us and am glad you felt safe and comfortable, as it is our goal to be a memorable experience in your travels and we wished you could have stayed longer as well. Hope to see you soon.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos? Share your experiences!