“Reviewing” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 North Frontage Road, I-20 & US 285, Pecos, TX 79772   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pecos
“Reviewing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Ok-better than expected. Good service and refurbished room. Got thru Priceline. Was good for a quick night. Upgraded and nice after reading some negative reviews.Was just,fine. Remodelingmmakes, it makes it a. Very good place to stay for the price.i

Room Tip: Got thru Priceline
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

Hmmm....Where to begin? The huge truck stop right next door should have been my first clue. The hookers at the truck stop even talked to me about it. Once I got in the door, it took the staff 33 minutes to check me in. My room smelled like cigarettes and a dirty clothes hamper. There were holes in the ceiling above the shower. The shower curtain had mildew on it. My sheets had blood stains on it. There was no breakfast. If I could rate this a "0" star, I would. But the one positive thing I can say is that all the staff were nice and polite, they just weren't very motivated.

Room Tip: All hotels in Pecos have jacked up their prices. Keep going and get a hotel in the next town.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed one night at the hotel. Room is excellent but mattress is too saggy/soft. The room seems to be new or refurbished. Nice vanity. Many restaurants in the complex. Good stop over to go to Carlsbad Cavern.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
West Fork, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Unfortunately, it was late at night and we had not made reservations and this was the only hotel available. It is probably fine for truckers and construction workers, but not for families. Front desk lady was rude and unhelpful and really could care less about my 85 year old parents I was travelng with. The beds were totally uncomfortable. My mother work up sore and hurting everywhere. It did serve the purpose of sleeping for the night and leaving as quickly as possible to get out of this very depressing hotel. Same as earlier review, the only thing worse was the Denny's next door, which was horrible beyond belief, service, atmosphere, everything was awful. We will make every effort to never stop in Pecos, TX again. Lady at front desk of hotel would not even give a discount for AARP. Dreadful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My kids and i stayed here. Horrible experience. We were the only non-truckers in the hotel! Rude front desk employees. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
The only thing worse than this place is the Denny's restaurant next door!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here while I was traveling on business. This place is beyond bad. The rooms were in poor condition, the beds were uncomfortable, the shower looked like it had not been cleaned in days. The wifi signal was very weak. Railroad crews stay here and the front desk staff is constantly shuttling them back and forth to their trains. While the staff is out of the building, the phone at the front desk rings nonstop.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM_OTI, General Manager at Oak Tree Inn Pecos, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Walkingzombie73,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are using your review for training our housekeeping team and front desk service. We value your business and if you are in the area again we hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to look at a room before you check in.

Thank you.
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times in the recent past and it was OK - not great, but OK. Service from the front desk staff has always been pretty poor because they have a contract with the railroad that keeps most of the rooms full and it is located in an oil boom town and that keeps the rest of the rooms full. They just don't try very hard to make guests happy. That I can understand, but this I cannot: they told me I could get a lower weekly rate for an 8-night stay, then instead they tried to raise my room rate during the middle of my stay ! The rude staff person just said "sorry, it's not my decision" and said there was nobody else to talk to or call about it. Then I said fine, I am checking out and she said they would have to charge me for an extra day since it was 11:45 am ! If they dare to do that, I will of course dispute the charge on my credit card. Steer clear.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Oak Tree Inn Pecos? Share your experiences!