“NEVER STAY HERE - EVER!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pecos

Motel 6 Pecos
You added Motel 6 Pecos to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pecos
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3002 South Cedar Street, I-20 at U.S. 285/Cedar Street, Exit #42, Pecos, TX 79772   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pecos
“NEVER STAY HERE - EVER!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I visited Pecos for the Rodeo which was great. What wasn't great was the Motel 6. In the space of one hour I had 3 different rooms and all of them were terrible. The first one was full of flies and I mean hundreds of them. It was similar to that of when you see a body which has been dead for weeks on CSI or something.
We requested another room and they obliged. This room was worse than the first. The entire carpet was stained and filthy and there was an overwhelming smell of damp. It looked and felt filthy.

We requested a refund in order to go somewhere else and I was informed that if I wanted to leave, my $96 would be mailed by cheque in 3-5 days back to the UK.

Getting very angry and fed up by this point we were given a third room. It was not great but we were pleased to see that there was only a couple of flies and the dead smell had gone.

I would never stay here ever again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Please learn from my mistake.

• Stayed June 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pecos, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear OrksBefan - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, odor and pest issues you encountered during your stay; these conditions are certainly not consistent with our quality standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I Read all of the comments about this and the other motels in the area, and didn't find what most of the commenters have said, wasn't what I discovered. I have traveled in all states from coast to coast and border to border. Since doing this I have found out that most motels have changed owner/management personnel and a change in buildings. I couldn't resist a challenge, do I decided to check out this motel. There has been a change in managers, a change in front office personnel. I love to visit with management and other staff members in the towns I vist as I learn about the area.
Motel 6 housekeepers changed my linen and cleaned my room everyday. Building damage was NOT FOUND to be sure. I asked if it was possible to see the room where the commenter said the water was running from the ceiling and was told it happened during a t-storm and part of the roof must have leaked. The manager said the guest was offered another room.
i asked if I could see that room, he said sure it above the office, you can see it when you enter the property. It didn't appear to have a changed door, so the door wasn't damaged. I thought from what I had read the front STEEL door was bent in half, it would be impossible to bend a STEEL DOOR.
If anybody is considering staying in Pecos or any other town, Check out the property yourself and see. Cal the motel ask questions. There is always changes happening. Some commenters must like to vent something different than what is the actual truth.

Room Tip: Check it out for yourself.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything in Pecos was full except the Motel 6 (should have told us something). The first room had a steady stream or water pouring from the ceiling. The second room, the front door bent in half. YEA, bent in HALF! "Motel 6, we'll leave the light on for u...cause its scary if we dont"!
Oh, the only saving grace was the hispanic lady that checked us in. Very sweet, understanding and helpful!

• Stayed June 2013
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As others have written here, hotels and motels are very expensive because of all the oil workers. We had to stop there on our way because I was sick. And we were very fortunate to find this place for under 90$. I paid 45$ for other Motels 6 of the same quality elsewhere
but this is Pecos...

This motel 6 is like the others that we have been to: very clean, small room, no frills. Breakfast not included, only coffee. There are not many TV channels. But it is ok to sleep. Free wifi. Oil workers get up at 5 in the morning and we can hear them but we understand. They could nevertheless try to be a bit less noisy as they should know that others can hear them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I cancelled two of my rooms two days before the cut off date. However, I was charged for one room at full price later in the week. The assistant manager named Gaby said my other room was classified as a "no show" and she had no record of me cancelling the second room. She then hung up on me in mid-conversation after I protested.

I called several times the next three days but she either hung up on me in mid-conversation or refused to answer my calls. I left several messages for Gaby and hotel manager Martina but they were never returned.

I have filed a compliant with Motel 6 corporate offices who is investigating the issue, filed a dispute with my credit card company and submitted a case to the better business bureau. (The Motel 6 corporate office said it has limited capabilities because this is a franchise location.)

Gaby and Martina are not professionals and I refuse to ever stay at any Motel 6 again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alvarado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I sit in my room as I write this review listening to the prositutes, drug dealers, and drunks outside my window. Pay the extra commute charges if you want a peaceful night, as you will not find it at this so called refreshed motel...refreshed to the 1970's. All that comes to mind is price gouging, flop house....

Room Tip: pay the extra to stay at a better motel or travel to a better city with more police control. down st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Woking, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I picked this because it was the cheapest place I could find on the internet in Pecos. Cheap and Pecos don’t seem to go together and I wouldn’t normally expect to have to pay $87 for a Motel 6.
It was ok for a (relatively) inexpensive place. The bathroom and sheets were clean. There was some dust on the carpet in the corners but as it was too close to the wall to be able to walk in it I didn’t see that as too much of a problem. I don’t know if it is true of all the rooms but mine had a shower rather than a bath – there was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The room had a fridge, microwave and old school TV but I didn’t use any of them. There was wifi included in the price and it was a very good signal.
The motel is close to I-20 and easy to find. The people on the desk were pleasant and helpful. I had forgotten to ask for a ground floor room when I booked but they switched me to one.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Pecos? Share your experiences!