“Relatively inexpensive - it's all relative” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pecos

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Pecos to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pecos
3002 South Cedar Street, I-20 at U.S. 285/Cedar Street, Exit #42, Pecos, TX 79772   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Pecos
Woking, England
“Relatively inexpensive - it's all relative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I picked this because it was the cheapest place I could find on the internet in Pecos. Cheap and Pecos don’t seem to go together and I wouldn’t normally expect to have to pay $87 for a Motel 6.
It was ok for a (relatively) inexpensive place. The bathroom and sheets were clean. There was some dust on the carpet in the corners but as it was too close to the wall to be able to walk in it I didn’t see that as too much of a problem. I don’t know if it is true of all the rooms but mine had a shower rather than a bath – there was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The room had a fridge, microwave and old school TV but I didn’t use any of them. There was wifi included in the price and it was a very good signal.
The motel is close to I-20 and easy to find. The people on the desk were pleasant and helpful. I had forgotten to ask for a ground floor room when I booked but they switched me to one.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Be advised that this town and all nearby have exhorbitant pricing due to the presence of the oil industry. As a traveling tourist your best bet is to bypass this area and stay in Van Horn or Abilene. Drive the extra miles or stop sooner than you would like to.

• Stayed December 2012
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 around October 2012, when PCSing from Fort Sill to Fort Bliss. My first piece of advice is to book a hotel room very early when traveling through West Texas. We had looked at the Best Western Swiss Clock Inn prior to Labor Day with the intent of staying there, however after Labor Day when we went to book, it was already sold out. Prices anywhere from around Midland, TX and out to El Paso along I-20 and I-10 are likely to be extremely expensive if you don't book clear in advance. For example, a Comfort Suites in Midland wanted close to $400 for a room in their hotel. My wife and I paid $80 for a night at this Motel 6. Prices will be high for what you get due to the oil industry booking lots of rooms for workers, as other reviewers have stated.

As for the Motel 6 itself, The room is quite small, with enough room for the bed and a couple of night stands on either side, and a desk type unit on the opposite wall with a small tv. They did have wifi for free which was a nice addition. The clerk who checked us in seemed very indifferent. Because the Motel 6 is rented out by oil companies, there was a large amount of oil workers sitting out on the sidewalk outside the rooms, some grilling out, some drinking. They are fairly friendly and shouldn't be of much concern. Since we had lots of stuff packed into our vehicles, my only concern was if one of them saw something they liked while drunk, and would've smashed a window for it, which did not happen. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to throw their empty beer bottles over the chain link fence, so the adjacent lot is littered with all kinds of beer bottles and cigarette butts.

For some reason, they placed us in a handicap accessible room which made the bathroom a bit different. The bathroom seemed to be more sizable and had a different shower with a seat that flipped down in it. The sink was slightly difficult to use for a tall man to shave at because of its lower height to accommodate a wheel chair. The bed was comfortable enough, more on the firm side than the soft. The other reviewers stating that there were old army blankets on the beds are making stuff up. It was a standard Motel 6 comforter and sheets. I would know, I've used my fair share of army blankets enough to know what they actually are. My only complaints with the room were that I could hear the tv from the adjacent room (shared door) and from drunk oil workers who had gotten off their shifts outside when I was trying to sleep. Also, the deadbolt to the room didn't work, which I alerted the staff in the morning to.

The morning staff were much more polite and attentive than the staff member who checked us in. Walking our dog was slightly difficult, because there is a lot of parking lot but very little dirt to walk a dog on. Overall, it is a smaller, average Motel 6. You will pay more because of the oil industry renting out blocks of rooms. Booking early is essential if you will be stopping in West Texas. I also recommend keeping your gas tank filled up often when you get the chance on the interstate, as sometimes gas stations can be sparse as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

For all travelors driving between Van Horn, Tx and Abilene please try to get through an area called The Permian Basin. Oil activity in the 100 + 100 miles area is insanely active at this time and motel rooms are few. Not knowing this my traveling buddy and I decided to spend the night in Pecos. After scooping out a few rates in the town we were shocked at the rates. Only then we learned that all the oil companies are booking blocks of rooms for their crews. Only a few left for us common folks..and are pricey. We did find a room at Motel 6 for $87.00 and pounced on it. It was extremely tiny, tiny beds, tiny space and tiny bathroom...but it was under $100 for the night. This will be the case for a long time in the Basin since all land there is privately owned. Obama can do nothing about it! Motel rates in both Van Horn and Abilene are priced in line...out of the oil patch. If staying in the Basin Good luck in finding a room. Obvviously no breakfast but Dennys is down the street. If on a budget keep driving past the Basin.

Room Tip: If staying in the area get on the internet..contact them and offer your best price for lodging. Onl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ohio City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The management in this motel 6 in pecos texas is the worse I've ever deal with. she does not care about the client all she care's about is how she can over charge the client. I really think they should get a new manager in this place. my husband and I made reservation 1 week before our arrival and requested a microwave on the room and said no problem they told us it would be $479. for the week and when we got to the office they told us the price went up from $479 to 522 and no microwave in the room i guess the manager told the office staff can't no longer provide microwave on the rooms.how the hell can they do that.and when we argue about the price and the microwave manager just told us go find another hotel .really bad management.need to have a human because this manager they have is evil don't care about anyone but her self. need someone that care about the client.because with out client she will not have a job. she really suck.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this facility they need to find a new manager to manage this place . the current mana...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My Fiance and I were driving through Texas in June of 2012 on our way to Mississippi when we came across this "hole in the wall" motel. I actually found this motel on Trip Advisor and the lack luster reviews could not have been more accurate. Unfortunately, for this lil' old Texas town, this place was one of the cheapest.. and I say cheap sarcastically, as it was 82 US Dollars for one night! We could not get a king bed so we opted for two doubles. Let me tell you about our experience. The woman at the front desk was very surly and seemed put off by having to help us. So we get to our room and the room was so tiny, my bed was literally on top of the A/C unit and the other bed against the opposite wall. As I was surveying the room, I noticed not one but several holes in the walls, the cover for the light switch in the bathroom was cracked (I could see the wires!) and there were paint chips on the floor behind the night stand! The only decent thing about this dump were the somewhat comfy beds. By the way, we used our own pillows as we were afraid of getting some kind of disease from their pillows. We felt quite ripped off having to fork over $82 for a $50 motel room! Fortunately, our faith was restored when we stayed at another motel in Junction, TX on our return trip. Lets just say the second hotel was so much more nicer than the Motel 6 in Pecos, and was actually cheaper. Motel 6 in Pecos is overpriced and a complete hole in the wall. It is not worth more than 50 bucks a night to stay here. My advice, be willing to spend a little more for a night and you will hopefully have a better experience than we had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for one night checked rates online it said $49.99 and the Internet rate was $47.99 ended up paying $68! When I questioned the clerk about the difference her response was everything in west texas is expensive. After driving over 900 miles I forked over the cash. When I got to my room you could clearly see that this room had been broken into before. In the room there were flys, Mosquitos, and moths. The bed was uncomfortable that mixed with the shady ness of the place I got little rest. When I went to the office to check out the clerk was nowhere to be found. Finally someone stumbled out. Overall crappy overpriced hotel!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Motel 6 Pecos? Share your experiences!