“Great Place to Stay in the Middle of Nowhere” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Pecos
Lake City, Florida
“Great Place to Stay in the Middle of Nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay while traveling across west Texas. It's rather new and it shows. The room is quite nice and very comfortable, and the hotel staff is incredibly accommodating and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling I20 across west Texas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Travelling from Phoenix to Dallas area there are only few places to stop for the night. After having stayed in Van Horn a few times and not being impressed decided to try Pecos. Hotel is newer and pretty clean overall. Not far off freeway. Bed was comfortable. Shower was fine. Internet worked with just a few interruptions. Standard HIE with nothing to make it especially good or bad. Many of the other guests work in the nearby oil fields and since it was a Sunday night it was really pretty quiet. Also being Sunday meant there were limited places to eat dinner nearby. Chose the Denny's with low expectations but was still disappointed and I'm not that picky. Food just had no taste. Continental breakfast was quite good and kept restocked. These guys work hard so need to be fueled for the day. A good place to stay if you want a break from driving. Got the feeling it may book up quickly with workers so plan to reserve ahead. The shortage of lodging in the area also can make it a bit more expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nice to find this motel on !20 in west texas. Staff was very good and looked after me with pride. Room was very clean and very quiet. BK was very good and a nice setting. Good Food. I will always try to stay here if they have room. The price was a little high but it was OK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Like most Holiday Inn Expresses, you know what you're going to get, and this one is no different. Front desk staff was very polite and had a good dinner recommendation. Possibly due to the oilfield activity, the tap water tastes terrible and my skin hurt after the shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We travel often from ABQ, NM to SA, Texas.. and for the first couple of trips on google we could not find a good middle spot..then we came upon this hotel in Pecos, Texas of all places! We have stayed back and forth 4 times now, and everytime we've had a great experience! Rooms always clean, helpful staff, we've never had an issue... and when we go again in end of July, we plan to stay there, yet again! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is definitely the best hotel in Pecos by several quantum levels. But you must book a room in advance because the oilfield activity in the surrounding counties results in very high demand for this property. It is new within the last 4 or 5 years. The rooms are spacious and well appointed; furniture is new, everything works. The bathrooms are large and lovely. AC is wonderful. Common areas are beautiful and well kept up. The service from the staff was first rate for Pecos, although I did have a trainee upon check-in. Breakfast was edible, so I was satisfied; coffee was very strong. If you can't stay here, then try not to stay in Pecos because everything else is like 1/2 star rating; move on to Roswell or Ft Stockton.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My fiance got a job offer in Pecos, so I called immediately to schedule our room. I was aware of the lack of available rooms & wanted to be sure we had a place to stay. Guaranteed it with a credit card. Called back immediately to reschedule for the following night due to Monday being a Holiday & he didn't need to report till Tuesday. Rcvd confirmation in email. I had the pleasure, Not, of speaking to Ms. Rude, Ms. Ruder & Ms. Rudest. Customer Service has apparently skipped Pecos, TX. Anyway, we were moving our entire house & life since his job in the oil field will keep us on the road for months on end. We called Monday night while we were heading West from Ft Worth & were advised they did not have our room. We were told even if we drove the 8-10 hrs they had no room for us. They were booked & had no rooms available. I called the customer service # & they were a joke also. They said I would have to take it up with the Manager at the hotel who was off. Oh, don’t let me forget that they charged our credit card as a No Show! However, Kay was kind enough to refund the money when confronted about it! We were offered a "Discounted Rate" which was No Discount! We stayed for 2 months (62 days) before I told my fiance’ we leave the hotel or I was leaving him. The staff seemed bothered & obviously did not appreciate the money we were spending in their establishment & looking at Pecos, TX you can see why the town is barely alive. I refused to give another $ to their hotel! The maids would hang a “Do Not Disturb” sign on our door if they didn’t feel like cleaning. I had quite the collection upon exiting. Complaining only made you feel like you were wasting your breath and the air it took. With management like Kay, you can understand the incompetent staff. They told us they would not charge taxes after 30 days, which they did! They said they would refund our taxes on next 2 wk period, they didn't! Not only did they fail at this, but charged us tax again! It took till the date of our departure to receive our refund & our free night we should have received when they booked our room from the 1st night. They were charging us more for the same room as another customer who just called in. When I confronted Kay she told me she would honor that rate starting the next two week cycle. We had already stayed there for 6 wks! Obviously, she didn't put in the system so the rate was not reflected. Take a guess, she will fix it!! I had had enough and told my fiancé I was leaving. I took a print out of our confirmation with the night they didn't have our room, along with their own guarantee, & advised Kay we would be staying our last night on her, according to the HOLIDAY INN GUARANTEE & their own confirmation print out. Kay had initially called me a liar & advised me we never changed the date. She was forced to honor their OWN HOLIDAY INN GUARANTEE, which is on their website. However, we have now stayed at the HIE in Sweetwater, TX (2 months so far) & Fossil Hill location on Gemini in Ft Worth, TX (6 different occasions)! They are both Exemplary! Great Customer Service, Facilities & Staff! Close down Pecos, TX and reopen with all new staff!

Room Tip: Stay away! Happy Hour is Pizza every night. 4, maybe 5, but not likely. If you are not there by 6...