“hmmm” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Pearsall
Fort Worth, Texas
“hmmm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Not ever again if I can avoid it. They put me in a HUGE empty room at the very back corner (made reservations 3 days in advance). Paint peeling, musty smelling, mildewed bathroom, fridge turned off and hot, bed worn out, carpet just plain NASTY.
AC hardly worked and it wasn't particularly hot outside.
Almost no TV channels on old fuzzy television.
This appears to be an old hotel with a new addition on the front. Don't stay in the old wing. Just gross.
Breakfast was good. Place was quite.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We haven't been to the Pearsall in almost 5 years. This small Texas town was once a busy growing area with several good restaurants and not so good accomodations. Much to my surprise we found this new Best Western right off I35. Very clean room, lots of space and worth the money we paid. The design of the motel is odd -some inside rooms and outside rooms with a hike up the stairs if your on the 2nd level but we needed the exercise anyway! The housekeeping lady was very pleasant. The front desk clerk was not very talkative. There are kennels outside to keep your hunting dogs although our dog doesn't know what a kennel is and stayed in the room with us. Nice outdoor swimming pool and clean grounds.
The town is very quiet much to our surprise! Many business have closed down - including 2 very tasty diners that I used to like. We ate at the new Porterhouse which is located on I35 next to a gas station. DISGUSTING! Pizza Hut - DISGUSTING! and lastly the Brush Country Steak House - DISGUSTING! These 3 restaurants should be closed down for health and sanitary reasons. They all were filthy, staff inattentive and food questionable! People were eating there so lack of business was not an excuse for DIRT, lousy food and lazy staff!
Our hotel room had a microwave and refrigerator and for that I am grateful, I hope the town's economy picks up.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

I used my points to stay at this Best Western. I don't normally do that, but this Best Western is set up strange. They have an inside portion that is 2 floors with an elevator, but then they have rooms that only have outside access. Whoever designed their parking lot really didn't think things through. There are very few parking spots which are close to the outside rooms so if you get there say at 5 pm, you have to park in the larger parking lot and if you have lots of equipment or luggage, this can make it a pain.

I got a room on the iside right next to the ice machine with the elevator just a few feet away (room 102) and that was pretty noisy until about 11 pm. Then it became noisy again around 5 am.

The bed is comfortable, it has a fridge, microwave and flat screen tv.

Their internet in the rooms is S L O W

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Alexander, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Well, if you have to go to Pearsall, TX, be comforted knowing that Best Western has a great place for you to stay! We were so pleasantly surprised at these facilities. WoW! The bed was THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept on at a hotel/motel. In fact, I wanted to take it home with me. It was more comfortable than my bed at home. No short-sheet here! Clean smelling, fresh linens and ample covers.The room was very clean and I'm a schtikler (sp?) for a clean room. I don't like other people's filth or hair in the room I'm staying in, especially a hotel room. There were four pillows on the bed...just like at the more expensive hotels. A good iron and ironing board were also available. I can't say anything negative about this hotel. The front desk clerks were cordigal and anwered our questions quickly. The breakfast, continental style, was the same as it is everywhere else at this level. Nothing to write home about. We were in the area to visit the old home place in Dilley and to make a trip to the Millett Cemetary so we could only stay one night. What a shame. I could have stay another week or two. Next time you have to go to Pearsall, try to make your reservations for this Best Western. I think you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Pearsall? Share your experiences!