“It was okay but ....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“It was okay but ....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I will not stay here again , room when arrived was hot . Room smelled kind of musty , and the room was muggy .. Could not sleep at night because I was hot and the room would not cool , I checked out asap!!!

• Stayed August 2013
sleepinnpearland, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. .We have procedures put into place to guarantee our guests a pleasant and comfortable experience here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. I have used this situation as a teachable moment for all staff to ensure it won't happen again. Temperatures in Texas do get very high and our guest should not have to suffer because of that. We are very sorry and hope you would give a try again, now that this issue has been addressed and fixed.
Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
irving
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked my room with points *cash. The Lobby smelled wonderful, looked modern.
The young lady at the front desk was very professional and polite. My room was wonderful. King Suite. Plenty of room, updated with comfortable modern furniture. The pillow top king size bed was a dream. I had fallen asleep after checking in. It was so quite and comfortable. The hotel has a beautiful pool with hot tube. In the morning a nice breakfast.it was plentyful with a lot of varity, I was really impressed. I enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back. The only thing that inconvenienced me was lack of parking. All the spots were taken. I did mange to find 1 spot. But other then that, 2 thumbs up. GREAT PLACE

Jessy,
Thank you for for being our guest here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. We really appreciate the positive feed back and are happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you visit again. Again, thank you, Valued Guest.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My girlfriends and I could not find any hotels downtown that was affordable and so we headed to Pearland. We saw Sleep inn and Suites right away from 288 so it was very convenient. I went in and inquired how much rooms cost, it was a little higher than expected but everybody was sold out around. The front desk lady was very helpful seeing there were only a few rooms available. I asked if she could show me a couple of rooms.. She had showed me a King suite? and the Jacuzzi suite.. The rooms were wonderful, and surprisingly clean. I went and got the Jacuzzi suite because it was awesome! She gave us a negotiable rate so I went ahead and got the room.
For a hotel that was almost sold out I would expect noise and such, and I jinxed myself for thinking it. There was a loud thump above our room that would just not stop. I called the front desk late at night and told her that the guest above us was being too loud. She said she would take of it.. A few minutes later it had stopped and she gave us a call back to let us know... Terrific! :)
The morning of our check out, we had breakfast at their buffet which was Average, I loved the Texas shaped waffle.
The lady checking us out was all smiles, which is rare in my hotel experience.
All in all, our stay was SPLENDID! would definitely come back and stay!

Room Tip: Preferred the first floor, easy access to everything..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Angelica,
Thank you for for being our guest here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. It is so wonderful to hear positive feed back and we are happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you visit again. Again, thank you, Valued Guest.
Stafford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I arrived on Thursday June 20 for a local kids' event and left Sunday morning. I wish I could've stayed longer. My twins loved this place, especially the breakfast! Yummy! It's not a continental breakfast as we first thought, but a full hot breakfast. Staff was super awesome, we asked for extra towels Friday night before getting in the pool and the young lady at front desk even brought it to my room. I wasn't expecting the extra courtesy but it was a nice surprise! We'll be returning. By the way, I each room our group reserved had its own thermostat, flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. Oh, and our double-headed shower was AMAZING!!! Price was perfect and hotel was easy to find.

Jennifer,
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a new, no frills hotel. We were arriving late (10PM) and called the hotel twice to let them know and asked them to turn the air on in the room so it would be cool when we arrived. Guest agent said no problem. When we arrived @ 11PM, the room was hot. I called the front desk to inquire if they received out message, she said no, "must have been the other lady". I asked for a fan and she said they didn't have any.

Next morning we went down for breakfast, and there were no coffee cups at the buffet. I searched around but didn't locate any. I notified the front desk agent who replied they are by the coffee maker. I informed him I looked and only lids were available. He said I guess we are out and went back to the front desk (20 ft. away). I asked him to inquire with housekeeping. He replied they aren't here yet (8:30AM?) . I asked him to look on one of their carts as they should have cups. He said it's locked up. I asked him to look again and he found them on a housekeepers cart. I shouldn't have to be the one to ask him to locate coffee cups. He was unconcerned. The breakfast buffet was almost empty and noone was around to take care of it.

Overall, rooms were clean.

islandgirl,
We, at the Sleep Inn and Suites, want to apologize and assure you that certain measures have been taken to guarantee comfortable lodging here at the hotel. We are very sorry for your troubles and have used this feedback for training purposes.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. We came for a graduation and to visit family before our cruise. We arrived at this hotel flustered due to many flight delays. The folks at the front desk were extremely nice and efficient to get me checked in to my room right away. To my surprise, the rooms were very clean. My family enjoyed the breakfast they offered. I was surprised to see the variety of breakfast items they had and how well they kept it clean. The staff and management were extremely helpful in helping us get around throughout our stay. Thank you very much!!

Sherl

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sleepinnpearland, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are very pleased that you had an pleasant stay with us ,and we look forward to helping you again with any lodging you may need.
Thank you and have safe travels!
Best Wishes,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel whilst attending a large conference at Reliant Park. The hotel is located in Pearland which is quite a distance from the Houston districts. If it were not for the shuttle buses provided by the conference organisers for hotels in this area, it would have been very difficult to reach the conference venue as I did not have a rental car.

Breakast was ok but very limited in choice and variety. The cutlery was all disposable which I first found a little strange being used to hotels in the UK. But the breakfast area was always clean as was the rest of the hotel and the rooms.

The room was very large and spacious with all the necessary amenities. An annoying thing was that the room keycard failed to work most days until it was reset at the front desk. The service offered by front desk was not uniform - I found some staff extremely efficient and professional whilst others were more laid back and failed to action some issues I had in a timely manner.

Local and regional calls were free from the hotel and although I did not have to make many calls I found this to be a very good gesture by the hotel.

There is no restaurant in this hotel so my dinner choices were limited as there is only one restaurant - a pizzeria - that is walking distance from the hotel. There is a large shopping area 5 mins driving distance away so visitors with a car would not have a problem with this issue.

Overall, it served my purpose but I would rate my experience as average based on the points mentioned above.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We want to thank you for staying with us, at the Sleep Inn and Suites. We make cleanliness a top priority and we want to thank you for acknowledging our efforts. I know Key cards that do not work properly can be annoying. The magnetic strip can sometimes not stay charged for many reasons. But , I am very happy to hear that it worked properly after it was reset by the front desk. The new staff has gone through training and uniform shirts have been given and/or ordered. We are ready to provide excellent customer service and excited for the future.
Again, Thank you for your stay with us and have safe travels.

Best Wishes,
Mike

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South? Share your experiences!