“Like this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
San Antonio, Texas
“Like this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had reservations at another hotel. When we got there, they informed us that the hotel was sold out, however, they had reserved us a room at the SpringHill Suites. I was very upset with the hotel for moving us without informing us before hand. Once we got to the SpringHill Suites, the staff was great. The room was a full suite and once we settled in, we realize things happen for a reason. We had never stayed at a SpringHill. But will be staying at them from now on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sunset, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during our visit to MD Anderson. Close to the Medical Center and found the hotel to be very reasonable price compare to hotels around Medical Center and was VERY clean. We stayed for a week and found no issues with housekeeping or anything in our room. We will be staying again in few weeks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I spent the night at this hotel in the burbs. It is a little further from the airport that expected which spawned me missing my flight during spring break week. Thank God I was able to get on the next flight - what are the changes. There is not much around the hotel so eat before you retire in for the night. The hotel is clean however it is dated and has a decor, case goods of an original build SHS. My room appeared to have a leak over the bed that was repaired but not so well. This hotel does paint frequent as you can see in the room hallway and staircase. Not sure I would return unless I was doing business near by as the hotel is a little too far from the city with no much going on around it.

Room Tip: The hotel has many rooms facing the highway but it is set a good distance and you don't hear muc...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel everytime I travel to Houston for business, which is about once a quarter. When it was first built, it was lovely - the staff was friendly, the rooms spiffy and the housekeeping on the ball. However, over the past year or so, I've noticed a big droff-off in quality overall. I don't know if this is under new management, but the change is so drastic that after my last experieince, I vowed never to stay hear again.

Room Layout: The set up of the TV is such that if working at the desk, you will not get a clear view of the screen. The bathroom sink in some rooms is directly across from the beds. OK when traveling alone, but no privacy if traveling as a couple. It gives the room an overall "motel" rather than "suite" feel.

Front Desk: I've had some very friendly clerks and then others not so much. I have not experienced any downright rude clerks however, as other reviewers have noted.

Housekeeping: THIS is where the quality has really fallen off, to the point that it was just gross the last time I stayed here. The room carpet had crumbs from the previous occupant(s), the desk was sticky (with food) and the coach had all sorts of stains on it. Really disgusting. However, the worst was the various bugs which were in the my room! During the night, I awoke to hear insects buzzing around my bed. In the morning, while working on my laptop at the desk (I had wiped the desk down myself the night before), I noticed a large insect inching up the walll. Once I killed that insect, another one just like it appeared a few minutes later. I finally decided to check out before I really wanted to, and went to the Starbucks to finish my computer work.

Location: Pearland is about 25 miles from Houston downtown. This hotel is just off the highway, but you need a car if you want to be able to eat anywhere decent in the area. There is only a Vietnamese and pizzeria restaurant within walking distance, neither of which are any good.

I would not recommend this place, even if it is offering a good rate. It is a dated hotel, with the rooms needing updating and renovation and the housekeeping staff needing retraining on how to proberly clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We almost always stay on Marriott properties, so we have become familiar with what to expect. This hotel did not deliver. The front desk staff was helpful enough (moving us to a 2nd room after we checked in because of a strong musty smell), but not very friendly. The new room had very obviously just been sprayed with air freshener before they gave us our new keys (very strong air freshener smell), but as our 2 night stay wore on, the musty smell was also present in the new room, definitely coming from the air conditioner/vent by our bed. It felt humid in the room despite the air conditioning and it was very hard to get the room to a comfortable balance of temperature and humidity. I honestly feel like I am getting a cold after sleeping in there for 2 nights. The breakfast was above average, the waffle station was great with strawberries, etc. The eggs, hashbrowns, etc. were barely edible, but I do appreciate the effort to have a hot breakfast and there were lots of other offerings. The "business center" consisted of 2 computers and a printer in the lobby, but did come in very handy and worked well. The workout room was well appointed and we used it twice. My husband and I both rely on fast internet to get work done and the internet here was very poor. Very slow and often quite entirely. Very frustrating. All in all, we couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reston VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had read a couple of bad and mediocre reviews of this hotel, so I wasn't quite sure if it was up to Marriott standards. (I almost always stay at Marriott properties.) However, I was mostly satisfied with my stay (4 nights).
One evening, my room key didn't work, and I had to go back to the front desk, not once but twice to have it re-coded. Some employees were more pleasant and/or professional than others, but no complaints there.
My biggest complaint was the A/C. The unit has a handful of settings: Heat Hi/Low, Cool High/Low, and Fan Low/High. Regardless of the setting chosen, the fan runs CONSTANTLY. And when the outside temperatures are in the triple digits, turning the unit off is not an option. Very annoying at night, especially when it's about 3 feet away from the bed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I stayed for 3 months at this place, and seen lots of this hotel.

First things first, the staff is Awesome, at the front desk and management till housekeeping.

Rates are very competitive and if you book in advance, and have some good skills of negotiation, can get a very good bargain.

Rooms are spacious and clean.

Lots of parking, and is sufficient enough for the number of people staying.

Location is an issue, but it is adjacent to the Freeway to Houston. So, if you are here at rush time, this can be favorable as well.
Its very near to the City Shopping centre.

A small swimming pool, which is sort of equivalent to a backyard pool only, which children can enjoy.
A small fitness area with equipment enough to keep up with your fitness regime.

I would recommend if you are looking for a budget stay for longer periods.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston Pearland? Share your experiences!