“Great Value Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Tomball
“Great Value Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This HIX is exactly how you expect one to be. It was clean and spaciously accommodated. The breakfast was typical HIX and was well tended to by the staff. The pool area was nice (outdoors). The price was also reasonable. If you need a room in the Pearland area, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sheldon G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear RachelDG,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We appreciate the comments and I will make sure to pass them onto my staff. Whenever you're down in Pearland, just stop on by, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Sheldon Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Let me start by saying that I do not like to use a credit card when checking into a hotel. I personally only like to use credit cards when there is an emergency. Since this is a personal preference of mine, I always call the hotels that I want to book before I even make reservations to ensure that the hotel accepts cash as payment with a cash deposit when I check in. In this case, I called a month ahead of time to ensure that this hotel would accommodate this preference and I was ensured that they would take cash as payment with a required deposit at check in. With this information, I booked the hotel online. I booked a total of four days, but the reservation had to be broken into two separate reservations due to the fact that we were going to San Antonio for two days in the middle of our reservation.
Now fast forward to check-in at the hotel: When we went to the front desk for check in we were told that they do not accept cash as payments without using a credit card for a hold to placed on. I was told this information as I read a sign posted at the front desk that said "Notice to all guests paying with cash: A deposit is required at check-in." I pointed this sign out the receptionist and she stated that the hotel was "under new owners" and that they no longer allowed customers to check in without using a credit card that would put a hold on your credit card for 7 to 10 days. I told the receptionist that I called in advance about paying cash with a deposit. With that information, she went to the manager and he stated that we would have to use a credit card, but he could put just first two of the days on our credit card instead of all four nights, which would allow our credit card to not have two holds on it. . Due to being on the road all day and my children wanting to get out of the car, I conceded. I was told that there would be a note attached to our reservation that would alert the receptionist to not charge our account twice when we checked back in. Once it was time to check out before heading to San Antonio, my husband asked the receptionist if there was a note attached to our account and the receptionist stated that she didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about. We had to wait approximately 30 minutes to start our drive to San Antonio while she got ahold of the manager to figure out how to ensure that we would not be charged two holds to our credit card. It was finally figured out and we were on our way to San Antonio. When we came back from San Antonio, check out was a fast. We were checked into a different room from the first room and we woke up to the floor near the air conditioner soaking wet. Our daughters luggage was on that side of room and all of her clothes were wet. We alerted the desk and we were told that they would send a maintenance person to our room to see if it could be fixed. We were told that it could be fixed, but it would take a little while and that it could be repaired while we went to do some things outside of the hotel. I was shocked that they would not just offer us a new room instead of inconveniencing us and being in our room with all of our personal items without us being there. I actually had to ask if we could simply be moved to another room. They finally allowed us to move rooms. I know that this is a lot of info, so let me get to other pros and cons:
PROS:
1. The beds were comfortable
2. There were pillows that were both soft and firm
3. The rooms were somewhat spacious.
4. There was a nice dining area that our family was able to enjoy our meals at.
CONS:
1. There was a lot of water damage to the ceilings
2. There was a charge for the washers and dryers (both were rather old), we had to use the washer and dryer due to our daughters clothes getting soaked from the leaky AC unit.
3. Wi-Fi was rather slow.
4. The pancake maker was broken for our entire stay.

Again, sorry for the long review. I have written quite a few reviews in my life, however this is by far the longest. The lack of customer service and the fact that the hotel did not stand by their previous statements and signage posted at the lobby concerning cash payments was very upsetting. My family will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor because the elevator is slow and hot.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sheldon G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
July 10, 2014

Dear Ms. Leesaleesa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the problems during your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Pearland. I was appalled to hear that you did not receive the quality of service our loyal guests have come to expect from us.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and like to assure you that what you experienced was certainly an exception rather than the rule. The situations you described with payments (cash and credit card), the breakfast (pancake machine), and the air conditioning leaking soaking the carpet as well as your daughters clothing and luggage getting wet causing aggravation and discomfort. This is certainly inexcusable and rest assured, I have taken necessary steps to circumvent this from happening again. Besides the noted issues, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

I can assure you that your choice in choosing our Hotel over another one was not an error and as an IHG Rewards Club member, your business is of utmost importance to us. I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance to reprieve our mistakes, and let us serve you again in the near future. Your repeat stay is always our ultimate goal, and your business is never taken for granted at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your candid comments since it is comments such as yours that help us improve our operation and help us see our facility from our guest’s viewpoint, for which we are very grateful.

I have taken the liberty of add IHG Rewards points in the value of $200 as a small means of redress for the noted issues. Ms. Leesaleesa, if you give us another chance, please email or call me directly on your next visit so that I can personally attend to your complete satisfaction and comfort.

I am confident that your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Pearland will be even more enjoyable.

Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Meeting room was great. Great and friendly family environment. Had a amazing time food was good and customer service couldn't have been better. We will definitely be back for some more fun in the sun later this summer.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rick R,

We want to thank you for your review of the hotel. Birthdays are always fun to celebrate especially when you can spend it with family, friends, and a pool. I'm happy y'all had a great time and enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to having the whole family back for the next birthday party. If you have any questions about the meeting room for your party, please don't hesitate to call or email me at the hotel. I can be reached at 281-997-2600 or by email at gm@hiepearland.com.

Walnut Creek, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Melisa Hall she is very good and very cooperative, i never saw this kind of customer service, she goes beyond to help Guests and treat like family member.

Pool was close due because no chair, it was little bit different because front desk was so straight and kind of rude but again Melisa Hall was totally exceptional.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Syed U,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Its comments like these that brighten our day. I wanted to let you know that we have pool furniture and our pool is open for as long as the good warm weather stays with us. Hopefully we will get to welcome your party back soon and you can sit poolside at one of our tables or chaise lounge chairs.

Fort Mitchell, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Enjoyed visit with the hotel during spring break and visiting family. The area is ok just would have been nice if there was more restaurants nearby. Staff was nice and very helpful when enough towels was not left in our room after they cleaned it. I was also impressed with the cleaning staff, this was the first time i stayed in a hotel for a few nights and the housekeeping staff really cleaned the rooms it was not a hit and miss but they really cleaned the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Drena Jones,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. We want to thank you for the wonderful comments you left for our housekeeping staff. We strive for excellence and we hope we are able to impress you on your next visit. Pearland is growing faster and faster every day it seems. I have noticed there are a few new restaurant locations such as a La Madeleine, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and a new restaurant called Pollo Tropical. Next time you are in come see me personally and I'll give my personal recommendation for whatever you're in the mood for. If you would like a recommendation please don't hesitate to contact me. My email address is gm@hiepearland.com.

Grafton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The property is a straight shot from airport (about 8 miles from Hobby). Well maintained and a great staff. Nice free breakfast. Pool area and hot tub are clean and well maintained. Not many eateries near-by but we were there to visit family and they steered us to the local places. Our grandkids stayed with us and the staff were so welcoming to them.....thanks

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Very nice HIE hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It is not as close to Hobby as I thought it was and the morning traffic to get to Hobby took more than 20 minutes, just leave yourself enough time. I thought the fish tank in the lobby was a very nice touch. Breakfast staff in the AM was very pleasant.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kim V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your very positive feedback. We pride our self on customer service and it is glad to know our hard work has a great impact on our guest. We look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to Pearland, Texas,

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pearland? Share your experiences!