“Good lunch place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 176 Restaurants in Pearland
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Please add Fish City Grill in Pearland, Texas. I see this resturant for other cities on TripAdvisor, but not for Pearland. Thanks
Comfort, Texas
“Good lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good place to meet up for lunch. not lo cal, but what do you expect.. Good crowd, good food and friendly staff all makes for an enjoyable experience.

Visited November 2012

Key West, Florida
“Not too bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am not a snob but I do like to sit in a clean chair. I did have to clean that prior to sitting. Next was the drink order. We ordered a glass of wine. They only have a handful to choose from. She came back and our choice was not available. With only so few to offer, I would think the 86 board would assist in that issue. (I have done my time in the front of the house and the back of the house; and I prefer smooth sailing and excellent service; no matter where I eat!)

We ordered the pecan crusted shrimp salad and the shrimp tacos. I opted for hush puppies as my side rather than rice pilaf (with the shrimp tacos). I was told they were home made. I am from the South and the East coast. I like it fresh and not frozen.

We ended up with a different glass of wine, it was ok. Our food was ok on presentation. I am glad the tacos were on a stand, a lot better to deal with then lying them on their sides near one another. The hush puppies were good. Nice crust and flavor was tasty. The shrimp in the tacos had decent flavor and the sauce they bring with it makes all the difference. The corn tortillas were ok and the idea of carrots and celery was not a bad one. I was hesitant but the crunch factor enhanced the taste. The salad looked fresh, the feta cheese was not much to be seen. I hate when people go cheap on salad toppings. The pecan crusted shrimp did look good and my lunch date did not say yea or nay. So, I might try it next time.

I have to say that the back desk area for management to work at needs a make over. Maybe a frosted glass partition going to the ceiling or perhaps a different look all together. I thought that was tacky. The weight staff looks like they need a little clean up job on appearance. They looked a little messy. Not really put together. Maybe it's the work shirt...but something needs to change.

The place is small and the outdoor seating is not really all that great, looks like a play pen for children. Price was what I expected; and the portion kind of went with it. Nothing over the top for what you are paying for.

Perhaps some one who is veteran in the down town scene of restaurants could come in and revamp the feel of this place. I have walked by when shopping yet only went because I was invited with a friend this time. I am not sure I would pick this place again unless I was invited. I definitely want to say it has potential and just needs a breath of fresh air.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“The Fish City Grill has FANTASTIC Gumbo !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a business lunch at the Fish City Grill today. It is nice restaurant with a bar near the Mall.
I love Gumbo and FCG delivered Fantastic Gumbo. It was in my top 3.
I also tried the Jalapeno cream soup, and it was delicious.
My shrimp with crab meat was excellent.
The service was very good.
My customer asked me not write this review because he wants to keep FCG a secret. I an sure He won't mind, unless he can't get a seat at lunch time.
Enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, US
“Some dishes are good, But I see the Quality of food is going down every time I visit them”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is small and I don't really like their out door seating.
Their Margaritas are very very good, but you don't go to a Fish place to drink Margaritas :).
Their Honey Chipotle Shrimp, Cajun pasta, and Fish Tacos are good, Please stay away from Crab Cake Sandwich, it was horrible last time we ordered.
Service is good, but the food is mediocre and it is pricey for what it is worth.

Visited October 2012
houston, tx
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the crab cake appetizer. My husband had a shrimp poboy that was very good, and we both had the yummy gumbo. Served with two frosty mugs of draft beer. Excellent!

Visited July 2012