“We were asked to bus or own table” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Pearland, Texas
“We were asked to bus or own table”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family decided to eat at Mimi's with some relatives in town. We have eaten here several times and haven't had a problem. However, on this visit we received very poor service. Our waitress came to take our order and we hadn't been given menus. There were about 5 tables occupied and we were told they didn't have people to bus the tables. The waitress asked us to clean up our dishes and pile them at the end of the table. While we don't mind being helpful, it was shocking to be told to clean up our table. Additionally, the menu wasn't as good. I was disappointed the healthy under 500 calories options were gone. Needless to say, we probably won't be back anytime soon.

• Visited December 2013

Texas
“A Happy Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A few years ago my husband and i had breakfast here and were not impressed. However, we kept hearing good reviews from friends and wondered whether we had been mistaken. I went with 3 friends for lunch and found a very friendly server and a reasonably priced lunch menu. There was a nice variety of soups, salads, and sandwiches along with heavier hot entrees. We had 4 different meals and all were very good.

As a follow-up my husband and I decided to try having dinner. The menu was extensive and reasonably priced. For about $40 we each had a cocktail and a hot meal. The food was really good. I would say it was good southern cooking, but orange chicken crepes which I had hardly fit that description. The server was very helpful and the meal was served quickly. On a week night, late for dinner, we appreciated this. We might want a more leisurely pace on a weekend night out.

I was excited to receive some coupons in my paper, as we had concluded we would like to go here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, TX USA
“Fair to Middling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food presentation was excellent and tasty. But the waiter forgot a portion of one of our meals. It seemed there was no energy there. While there were plenty of customers, the waiters seemed to be enjoying a good visit, standing in the way of people trying to get through. Since it has been a while since I visited a MiMi's Cafe it seems as if they have changed their entire menu from one of good American cooking to one that has a French twist to it. Overall just not impressed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pearland, Texas
“First time to visit, not sure if I will be back....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took my niece to Mimi’s Café on a Saturday afternoon and we were seated right away. It was about 15 minutes before our waiter acknowledged us. There was plenty of wait staff buzzing and the dining room looked empty.

I watched as our waiter tended to the same tables over and over, but ignored us. The poor service we received was quite surprising.

I watched as a waitress was carrying plates kicking a utensil she dropped all the way back to the kitchen. None of her co-workers stepped in to help. When our waiter surfaced, he didn’t appear to know anything about the specials listed on the wall or the menu for that matter.

The food was mediocre, but I guess for the price we paid it was acceptable.

I’m usually pretty tolerant when dining out, but this was pretty bad. Unfortunately, my first visit to Mimi’s was not a pleasant one and I’ll probably not return.

Houston, Texas
“don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

very disappointing, i was there when they 1st opened and thought it was just because it was new and the kinks needed to be worked out but no! it's a few years later and decided to go back and it was the same ....food was just okay service was slow to terrible. we we ignored but service people and had to get up twice to ask for things. even the manager on duty thought it was funny that a spoon was not accompanied by the soup served. she made a joke about it saying we were suppose to eat it with our hands ....not funny ! will not go back ever ! don't was your time ! there are too many other places to eat in the area !

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere