“Nice hotel experience.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is very clean and updated. Everyone we met on the staff was very friendly. They have a pretty darned good breakfast, too!! This is probably the nicest hotel in town. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
We so much appreciate your nice comments. Your stay was what makes us try to host all guests with true East Texas hospitality. I have passed your review on to my staff and they will use it to reinforce the best service possible. Thank you for your time and allowing us to host you. Please come again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I travel a lot for work and stay in "nicer" hotels like Westin, Marriott, etc., so I typically take good service as a ticket to entry for a hotel. I was staying there on a family trip, after I got a great deal on Hotwire, and was really just expecting an acceptable place to sleep for one night. But, the rooms were surprisingly nice, the workout room small but pretty well stocked, and - most of all - the staff at the Holiday Inn Palestine was truly exceptional. They actually proactively suggested things to make my stay better, they put my in-laws and my husband and I in adjoining rooms, they kindly offered to heat up the outdoor jacuzzi when we simply mentioned swimming in passing, they came by at breakfast and asked how the meal was, and they spent time chatting with us at check-in. I swear, they hired the nicest people on the planet to work at this hotel.

In addition, the free breakfast was awesome. This was much more than the stale danishes and cold cereal you get at most places. They had eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, hot cinnamon rolls, 3 types of coffee, a variety of pastries and bagels, and........best of all, a pancake machine that my son absolutely LOVED. You press a button on this thing, it plops some batter on a conveyor belt, and serves up a fresh hot pancake in 45 seconds. Very cool for a family stay and fun to watch.

All in all a very good experience for a more budget oriented hotel. Only ding is that their pool is outdoors, which makes it tough to swim this time of year. Otherwise, absolutely stellar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your great review. I have shared your comments with my staff and they always respond to a higher level when their actions are praised. we have enjoyed having you as our guest. Please contact us again when you are in the area and let us host your stay. Thank you again for your review.
Wills Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great place to stay - will make this our go to place in Palestine, TX. We came to Palestine with our antique car club and the Holiday Inn Express was our base hotel. The staff were very friendly and made sure all the guest were well taken care of. Rooms were clean and quiet. I felt safe walking around outside - well lighted and the landscaping was nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review....we are always glad to host great guests like you. My staff and I hope that your stay was the very best possible. We always strive to make every guest as comfortable and pleased as possible. Please come back and let us host your stay. We will offer you true down home East Texas hospitality.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a Hotwire reservation across the road at Executive Inn & Suites. The deal with Hotwire is a better price than normal and so I rolled the dice and came up with them. Well on the day of travel I tried calling the Executive Inn and got no answer or voice mail for 4 hrs of attempting to confirm my night. Ended up calling Hotwire and canceled it (they confirmed there was no one answering the phone).
By luck I found this Holiday Inn across the road and booked a room for that night (I got the next to last one and I can see why they are so booked). We arrived about 6PM and drained from the 3 hr. drive of getting there. I was welcomed by a smiling face and a cold bottle of water (off to a good start). We unloaded the car and found a very clean room with a fantastic soft inviting bed (my wife is like Goldie locks and this one was just right). Later, for dinner, the girl at the front desk recommended an Italian restaurant called Giovanni’s (excellent choice and BYOB to boot!).
We had a great sleep (even though I had a head cold), a good hot shower (towels were perfect) and a very good breakfast (included) with above average choices (hot and cold) to eat. The staff at breakfast did a very good job attending to all our needs (way to go girls!) BTW; after seeing what the Executive Inn looked like, Holiday Inn saved me from getting a load of grief from my better half (had we stayed at the first choice). Next time in Palestine this is where I will stay. Good job folks, you exceed my expiation's.
Kevin G. from Frisco, TX.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Kevin, What a nice review. Thank you so much. My staff reviews all the comments made concerning a guest's visit and we use it to sharpen our skills and service. You probably did not know it' but our Hotel received the National 2013 TorchBearer Award for Customer Service this month. It is quite prestigious and we are thrilled. It is customers like you that helped us win the award. Thank you so much.! We are pleased your stay was good and hope you will visit us again soon. The Texas State Railroad will have Polar Express again this year and we host the event for lodging and direction. In addition, we host the Dogwood Festival in March and the Great 1836 ChuckWagon Races held locally. Please feel free to come back and visit us soon. There will always be a spot for you. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group and had an excellent experience. The level of customer service and genuine friendliness were outstanding. The free breakfast choices were numerous and fresh. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2012
My staff and I enjoyed reading the wonderful comment you have logged concerning your recent stay in Palestine, Texas. We are pleased you were happy. It is our pleasure to show all the true meaning of East Texas Hospitality. Thank you and please do not hesitate to visit us again. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is the best in Palestine. I have worked on assignment in Palestine for the past six months. The staff is very friendly. The accommodations are clean. The staff is very helpful and always makes sure that you are taken care of!! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. My staff reviews all comments and your words of praise will be well received. Please consider us to be your home away from home and let us know if we can assist you again. We will try to surpass your expectations again! Thank you for your stay. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and it is a great place. I would recommend this place to anybody that needs a hotel to stay in Palestine , Texas They have great customer service great rooms and a awesome breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your heartfelt review. We strive to offer the best in east texas hospitality to each guest. Your praise reinforces our belief that we are servicing our guests properly. Please recommend us to all your friends. We look forward to seeing you soon and assisting you in your lodging needs. Thank you again for your praise. Carroll sigman, genetal manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palestine? Share your experiences!