“Palestine TX Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville
“Palestine TX Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is the best in Palestine. I have worked on assignment in Palestine for the past six months. The staff is very friendly. The accommodations are clean. The staff is very helpful and always makes sure that you are taken care of!! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. My staff reviews all comments and your words of praise will be well received. Please consider us to be your home away from home and let us know if we can assist you again. We will try to surpass your expectations again! Thank you for your stay. Carroll Sigman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and it is a great place. I would recommend this place to anybody that needs a hotel to stay in Palestine , Texas They have great customer service great rooms and a awesome breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your heartfelt review. We strive to offer the best in east texas hospitality to each guest. Your praise reinforces our belief that we are servicing our guests properly. Please recommend us to all your friends. We look forward to seeing you soon and assisting you in your lodging needs. Thank you again for your praise. Carroll sigman, genetal manager
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and was a great stay . The room was nice. Breakfast was very good even without a big variety ( Dennys 5 miles away) . The outdoor was pretty big and very warm. The hotel staff was very nice. There's nothing to do around this hotel or in this town. We ate at Applebees everynight (4 miles away) . Overall nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your great words of praise. We strive diligently to service every guest with the best of service and care. There are numerous attractions and activities within a 30 minute drive of our hotel. Our Front Desk staff is trained and ready to assist you any time you need directions or ideas about what is available in Palestine, Texas. We hope you will return to our area soon. Thank you again for being our guest and supporter.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was here for 3 nights for business. Customer service is excellent. Front desk staff remember guests and really do strive to make your stay great! Room was clean, bed comfortable. Great location. Quiet, slept well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words of praise. The hotel strives to accommodate all guests stay in true East Texas Hospitality fashion. Please recommend us to your guests and we hope to see you again soon. Check us out on FaceBook for the latest in packages and discounts. Thank you again for your wonderful comments. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
Alvin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had to be in Palestine, Texas for an upcoming wedding. Our kids were coming from WI and we live here in Texas. They were driving all night to get to Palestine with two babies, one 2 year old and one 5 month old. When I made our reservations I had asked what we could do, Mona the staff member handling the reservation said that she would do all that she could when they arrived if it was before check in. Mona did as she promised they arrives at 7 Am that morning and by 9 AM they were napping in their rooms. I know that this was up and beyond the call of service. I do not know of any other Hotel in my 33 years of marriage that has ever gone up and beyond the call of service we were always told no you have to wait until check in. They took such great care of us the whole weekend that we where there. The staff was the best I had ever seen in all the years I have traveled to stay in Hotels....even the house keeping was wonderful....they all pitched in to help. Thank you all at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, Texas

Room Tip: We were right by the office and it was a bit noise from time to time....but not so bad that we could...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind appraisal. We strive to show all our guests the true meaning East Texas Hospitality. Mona and the rest of the staff always have the guest best interest at heart. We hope you are staying with us again soon. We have many wonderful events to entertain all types of individual tastes. Please allow us to continue to serve you and your family. Thank you so much for the praise. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My only concern is the free breakfast. The lady hosting it was friendly & helpful, but the food was average. No fresh waffle, pancake, eggs, or bacon!! The omelette half moon eggs are nasty. A hotel with the staff and facility that's great deserves a decent meal. All I had was the coffee. Denny's opens down the street, raise the bar!! Otherwise this place is great!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive to make all our guest's stay comfortable and welcome.

Holiday Inn requires that all the breakfast items be consistant with their Brand Standards. They prescribe the items and allow no deviation from them. There are no waffles available, other than the individual packages, due to Holiday Inn Standards and sanitation issues. We offer a new Pancake Machine that is totally self-contained and hygenic. I hope you will return to our area soon and look forward to serving you again in your Hotel needs.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were in Palestine for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We were some of the first guests to arrive. We came in on Friday night (along with one other family). The rest of the bridal party and guests came in on Saturday. I'm guessing there were no less than 20 rooms for this wedding being reserved. The rooms were preassigned before we got there. I know this because as soon as I said my name, the front desk guy handed me a room key. I took one step into our room (non-smoking) and the smell of cigarette smoke hit me. I'm kind of allergic to it. It stops me up and I feel terrible. I called down to the front desk to see if they could get me a different room but I was told there were no more rooms available. I think they just didn't want to go to the trouble of reassigning rooms. There was no way there were no other rooms available. They offered to bring me some room air spray. So, with no choice, we unpacked and tried to make the best of it. Our no-smoking room was surrounded by smoking rooms. Go figure. Bad placement. The smoke in the hall way was too much! So about 10:15 pm I pull the sheets back to sit in the bed only to find hair and stained sheets. GROSS!!! The lady at the front desk came herself to change the sheets and apologized about a million times. I felt sorry for her (not her fault) and helped her to get the sheets changed. The people working there were really very nice. The breakfast was nice. It all just started off wrong. I couldn't decide on whether to rate this average or poor. Cigarette smoke and dirty sheets certainly make it POOR, but the help (except for the guy that checked us in) were extremely nice and tried hard to make things better. That is the reason I gave them an AVERAGE rating.

Room Tip: If you want definite no-smoking, ask for a room on the second floor. Wish I had known. :(
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We regret your experience during your stay. We were sold out for that period and the rooms were assigned by the hotel based on availability and location to wedding party. We strive to accomodate all guests and make every effort to make their stay a memorable one. Please accept our apology and allow us to show you East Texas Hospitality on your next visit.

There are smoking rooms available in all areas (floors) of the hotel. As there are only five rooms that are allowed as smoking, there are many "smoke free" zones to satisfy the guest. Once again please accept our apology and offer to do better in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palestine? Share your experiences!