“Good place to stay in Palestine” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Palestine
Hilltop Lakes
“Good place to stay in Palestine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice with clean rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast had real bacon and eggs as well as many other items. I stay about 45 to 50 nights per year in hotels and this one is worth staying again. I have found that Comfort Suites is a good chain to stay with in Texas and Oklahoma.

• Stayed December 2013
Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we are glad you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer.. We want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us, and we do all that we can to provide superior guest service. Thanks again for your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you visit Palestine

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times. The front desk staff are wonderful, attentive, polite, and efficient. The rooms however need more thorough cleaning. The last several times I've stayed there have been stained linens, a bedspread with multiple small holes, many stains on the upholstered furniture, scuffs and splash marks on the walls and furniture, and debris of sorts behind the furniture and beds. Time before last had a pill of some kind was on the floor by the bedskirt. I was traveling with a young child and was glad that I was the one to find it and not my child. I did mention this to the front desk and they discounted my room by $10. They are inconsistent with having in-room linens for the pull-out sofa bed. Time before last the cleaning lady was ready to clean our room and we were finishing dressing for a wedding and we asked if she could come back that we would be leaving in about 20 minutes- she agreed but never returned to clean and restock the room. Sometimes we have gotten a very comfortable bed, other times not. The breakfasts are sometimes very good, sometimes not at all. Once I had gotten what was supposed to be a hard boiled egg, but it was raw. The scrambled eggs and bacon are good, when they have them. Occasionally the TV reception is lousy. Last stay there was water damage around our air unit. Also last stay the bathtub drained so slow it was above my ankles in about 15 minutes. Rooms are not well sound-proofed- you WILL hear your neighbors talking (or more!). We loved this hotel when it first opened and have stayed here 2-4 times a year since it opened. But unfortunately it has not kept up with the cleaning demands and standards we expect for $100+ a night hotel. We will likely be finding other accommodations when we return to town.

Room Tip: King beds seem to have been the more comfortable of the ones we have slept on.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We want every guest who stays with us to have a pleasant stay, and we are always looking for ways to improve our service to offer an all-around positive guest experience. We realize that issues can and do arise at times, and our goal is first and foremost to address them as soon as we become aware of their existence so that our guest will be well taken care of. I have shared your feedback with our team and we will do all that we can to see that these issues do not reoccur. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us the opportunity to provide you with superior service and accommodations.
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I took my family of four to ride the Polar Express this past weekend. We chose this hotel to stay at based on reviews I had read, and the fact they had an indoor pool. I was a little hesitant as we usually stay at Marriott's or when available, Westin.

Have to tell you that I was extremely impressed. The service was top notch. John, the gentleman that checked us in was working alone but was efficient and very friendly at the same time. He told us the hotel layout, gave us a map to how to get to the Polar Express, then explained that they had Christmas movies playing all day long in the meeting room, that there would be a pizza party from 6pm to 8pm, and also a face painter.

All these extras were a total value add I was not expecting, and our kids thought it was the best hotel stay ever, That this hotel went out of it's way to really play-up and participate in the whole Polar Express / Christmas experience speaks volumes about it's owners and staff.

I had to get a set of sheets for the sofabed, John took care of that in 30 seconds when I stopped by the desk, and also asked how our room was, or if we had any issues with it. He truly wants to make his guests happy. And to top it off, when the face-painter did not make it, John's wife came up to the hotel and did it for all the kids. That in itself is going way over and above to ensure the kid-guests happiness.

The room itself was spacious, very clean, and in great condition. The complimentary breakfast was good on Sunday morning. Inddor pool and excercise room were as promised.

Whenever we are back in Palestine, this will be our hotel of choice.....and it has also opened me up to looking at Comfort properties in general when travelling elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind words. Our management and staff are dedicated to "go the extra mile" to provide guests with a pleasant, memorable stay. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer. I have shared your feedback with our team members - your positive words will serve as encouragement to our staff to continue to provide top-notch guest service. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Palestine area.
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The greatest asset of this hotel is its staff. Although always understaffed, they are smiling friendly and helpful. The big weekend of this small town is the holiday weekend for the Polar Express Steam Engine train and the hotel was full, and still only one person at the desk to do everything.

The rooms are spacious, and clean with comfortable beds.

One big complaint is the floodlights on the street side shining in the window around the blackout curtains. I moved and stayed on the far side. They are so bright you cant face the windows even at breakfast in the morning. The Wifi is weak. Breakfast is ok. There was seldom hot water for tea. But the desk clerk is responsible for everything including check in check out and breakfast, and God knows what else we don't know about. So I blame management for any deficiencies for lack of proper coverage. One other issue is the TV is set to come on at a high volume. I had to turn it down every time I turned it on. My neighbor however, left his on to sleep by. A little early morning call to his room settled that matter. But it should be set at a lower volume.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us, and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future and giving us with the opportunity to provide you with an even better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

this is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. very friendly employees who went above and beyond to make us comfortable. amazing activities made for the kids made the hotel even better. rooms were very clean. I could not have any complaints about this hotel and I will definitely use this hotel again!!

• Stayed December 2013
Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thanks so much for such positive feedback! We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and provide an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed the activities we offered. I have shared your feedback with our staff and let them know that their hard work is appreciated. We certainly hope to see you again the next time you visit Palestine.
Wewahitchka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was trying my best to make it to Longview before midnight in a big rig but the fog was more than I could handle after witnessing several accidents in front of me. Very nice hotel staff, clean rooms,, nice pool and Jacuzzi but time did not allow the pleasure,, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our guest service and try to be a "home away from home" for our guests. We know that travelers have expectations, and our goal is to exceed them and provide an experience that will keep them coming back. We hope that you will have the time to enjoy our indoor pool and outdoor spa on your next visit. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Palestine area.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stay at this property every time we are in Palestine. Best price in town for an indoor pool and a hot tub. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. In the winter, during the early part of the week the hot tub is not turned on. Staff was very accommodating about turning it on for my husband and I to use. But you need to know to ask. Rooms are clean, breakfast is good and has a good selection of items. My only complaint is there never seems to be anyone in the lobby at the desk. They are in the back working on folding towels or something. The other Comfort Hotels we stay at have someone at the front which seems to be more secure. Although, we have never had any problems at this hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor has an ice machine and soda machine. 3rd floor does not have an ice machine. Do n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol N, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we are glad you continue to stay with us and enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer.. We want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us, and we do all that we can to provide superior guest service. Thanks again for your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you visit Palestine.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!