“Great as Usual” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Johnson City, Texas
“Great as Usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We eat here every time we visit Palacios. The servers are always friendly and the service is quick. I had the Carne Asada Chipotle dish, and it was marvelous! My husband was eyeing my plate the whole time as he was eating his Burrito supremo dish, so I finally had to share it with him. The frozen margarita (I think it is a wine margarita) was refreshing and the prices were right. We love eating here! I also recommend the Charbroiled Shrimp wrapped in bacon, yum!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Many good things to like here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Good people, good drinks, large portions. I can't recommend the cheese enchiladas, but my sisters liked the flautas and the kids liked the burgers. I think that this is not the place for vegetarians but it is very authentic. There are a lot of things to choose from on the menu and the atmosphere is down home south Texas....lots of history, lots of civic pride, a good place to spend time.

Visited March 2013
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Has a small town appeal. Food was good; however I would suggest the beef over the chicken. Server was very nice girl who chatted with our children.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“not as good as it used to be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The waitresses are not friendly and most don't speak english. The food is ok but pretty expensive for what it is. There is no other Mexican restaurant in town so if you have to have Mexican you have to eat there but there are other places to go to eat other things.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to go any day of the week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here three times now, once for lunch and twice for dinner. The service is always fast and excellent. The food has been great too. My son has ordered the chicken nuggets and the shrimp and both were fresh and hand battered. The queso is really good too! The salsa is tasty and the chips are crunchy and thin just like we like them. The food comes out hot and fast every time. Great job PMR!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere