“Worst motel I have stayed at in years” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Ozona

You added Super 8 Ozona to your Saves list
Super 8 Ozona
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3331 I 10 East, I-10 & Taylor Box Road, Ozona, TX 76943   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ozona
Ozona, Texas
“Worst motel I have stayed at in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked a room at this motel because all of the hotels nearby were full. It was filthy. The carpet had big stains on it, the tub was dirty, and there were unidentified stains on the walls. We had our two kids with us. Our room only had three sets of towels in it. When we asked the clerk at the front desk for another set, she pulled some out of a cabinet behind her. I told her she had just given us a bathmat. "Sh**" was her reply. Then she told us that the spare towels were in some area far away and she couldn't get them. "Sh**" is exactly how I would describe the Super 8.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Trabuco Canyon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I usually don't bother writing negative reviews but this is a must do. Here is the quick background. Traveling for business, tired need hotel. I was about 1 hour out of Ozona TX and started making calls to hotel only to find out that all the hotels are full. Called super 8 they had one room left( lucky me right?). Made reservation. So now the review. The girl at the front desk told me they had no rooms available and I said I have a reservation, she said yea I know but I don't want to rent my last room??. Maybe she wanted to use it??. She finally gave me the key and when I opened the room, it smelled like wet dead dog, the carpet was just plan dirty. The sheets seamed clean, so what the heck it's only for a few hours. I take a quick shower in what can only be described as a bathroom from 1972. Turned on the AC to move air and went to bed. In the morning packed quickly and as I was leaving I noticed that above the AC unit was black mold growing all over the ceiling. I shut the door and ran. Worst motel ever.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel used to be nice like 15 years ago. It needs an update Like ASAP. We stayed here because of a job close by but I do not recommend it at all. The carpet is full of stains rooms are outdated and it's just bad. I'm amazed this place is still a franchise member.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I needed a place to stay around Ozona for a couple of nights following a dove hunting trip in San Angelo to do some work out at a new to me deer lease. Doing an online search based on price since it was merely a place to sleep between work days, I found the Super 8. I discussed with a few other hunters that had stayed there, and booked a room for a couple of nights. Upon arrival I was welcomed in the lobby and got checked in. I booked a non-smoking room with king size bed. The room was much larger than I expected compared to other similar hotels I have stayed. The room appeared very clean other than a number of stains on the carpet and at some point in time, it had been smoked in as there was a distinct odor lingering. The room came with a small refrigerator and comfortable bed. It also had free WiFi available with a back door leading into a concealed courtyard paradise with swimming pool ... a little oasis in the desert ... with numerous tropical plants (enclosed from the dry outside climate). Also onsite was a convenience store with gas/diesel available and a restaurant that offered a wide variety on the menu and nice sized salad bar. I have been on a pretty strict high protein diet (lost 50+ lbs in 13 weeks), so I opted for a nice steak with the salad bar to get my lean and green. This was a decent sized place but no non-smoking section that I could determine and it was fairly heavy with 2nd hand smoke. I had booked one night thru Orbitz (~$99) but when my dove hunt got cut short by a day, my wife called the hotel direct to get an additional night for me and got a lot better rate (~$70). I have sense been told that they offer various rates if you are members of certain clubs (AAA as an example). Other than the smokiness of the hotel room & restaurant, I enjoyed my stay. I will go on to say, that if my wife been with me, she would have definitely asked for a different room until she found one without the smoke odor (if they had one).

Room Tip: if you are not a smoker or are smoke sensative, be sure to ask for a NON-SMOKING room and request to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Austin W, General Manager at Super 8 Ozona, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Super8 of Ozona. We are about to remove all carpet in our rooms and replace it with tile. Please come and stay with with after the remodel and we make your stay more enjoyable!!!!!

Been to Super 8 Ozona? Share your experiences!