“Honest review from an ER doctor” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Orange
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2630 Interstate 10 W, Orange, TX 77632   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange
Plano, Texas
“Honest review from an ER doctor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed there for about 11 days during November 2013. It was enough time to get a good idea about the place. Initially I stayed there for 1 night, having read the mixed reviews. I just wanted to see what it was like.
The location is on the interstate so it is noisy. They have a lot of floodlights during the night and I wonder if these are really all that necessary. The room that I had was nice, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The sheets were crisp. The water in the bath had a little rust in it when first turned on, but it was OK after a few seconds. The sink had a problem with drainage, but the management assured me that this would be fixed for my next visit. The ironing board had some missing screws but this was not a big problem.
The continental breakfast was simple with cereals, fruit, coffee and boiled eggs although I did not try everything. The management was always available and there was always someone in attendance at the front desk.
The rate was reasonable with an attractive weekly rate. I had no hesitation in extending my stay by another 10 days, making a total of 11 days. I have given it a 5 star rating allowing for the fact that this is a budget motel. I have already booked my 10 day return in December.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DayinnOrange, General Manager at Days Inn Orange, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Mr.Steve

Thank for taking time to review your recent stay with us. You had so many hotel choices and we really appreciated you choose us for you accommodation.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first experience with us enough to return a second time! We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Orange, TX.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I resided at this Days Inn for almost 8 months while doing business in Orange, Texas. Prior to my decision to try a stay for one night at this location, I booked at Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, and others in the area. All were relatively clean, and competitively located, but the Days Inn in Orange, Texas is the Top Gun when it comes to comfort. Newly renovated rooms have Brand new luxurious beds, Carpet and other amenities that really make the difference. This is a family owned business, where they take seriously every effort to please their guests. These are truly good, friendly, (extremely) honest people. Don't waste your time shopping for a good place to stay if you are working or just passing through Orange, Texas. This is THE ONLY place to stay.

Room Tip: Every Room here is a good room. If you prefer a particular location, that would be the only other co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DayinnOrange, Manager at Days Inn Orange, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Mr.Lord
Thank you very much for having an extended stay at The Days Inn Orange and thank you for such a detailed review as well. I will share your review with my colleagues—we look forward to seeing you again.
Deport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and the pillow and new beds were excellent. I have received excellent service from all the staff members. Also location is great, close to highway. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling on route 10.

• Stayed November 2013
DayinnOrange, Manager at Days Inn Orange, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bandera, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On/about October 9th, 2013, we made a great selection for a room at Days Inn in Orange Texas. We were extremely happy with Shella who checked us in. She was very sincere with her positive attitude, friendly and accommodating.
The cleanliness of the room was exceptional. And I mean in it's entirety. Leaving the next morning a lady employee was cleaning the grounds/parking area who also was very courteous. It was obvious (in the daylight) that the grounds were well maintained.
In any case, we were very pleased with our stay there. And again, we were very impressed with Shella helpful attitude checking us in.
Thanks to all of you there.

Adios Claybourne Davenport

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of all of my colleagues, welcome to The Days Inn Orange, TX and thank you for your wonderful review. I’m so glad you took a chance on an unfamiliar hotel and that it exceeded your expectations in so many ways. Thank you for sharing so many details—we hope you’ll visit again when next in Orange.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great room for a great price. New king size bed, new carpet, new cold and quiet A/C and new flat screen T.V. I worked in Orange for 11-months and stayed every time at Days Inn. Awesome,polite staff that went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Well lit parking lot gave me piece of mind that my truck and tools were safe when I was fast asleep. The pool is always clean and is a plus on those hot humid Texas days. I travel alot for work and I can tell you if I ever work in Orange,Tx or surrounding area no doubt I will stay at the Days Inn.

Room Tip: I liked the bottom floor rooms that faced I-10
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DayinnOrange, Manager at Days Inn Orange, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Mike,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I travel to Orange, TX from Houston on a weekly basis and I've chosen the Days Inn for my lodgings. If you want a hotel manager and staff that pay attention to the details, then this is the hotel for you. The rooms are ALWAYS clean, the internet ALWAYS works and the service is ALWAYS excellent. Devish will always work with you on the competitive weekly rates. What first drew me to the Days Inn was the competitive weekly rates. Then I slept there for the first time. The beds and pillows are brand new. The extensive cable tv channels are in abundance. Free HBO and my favorite channel, the Food Chanel, are available. As well as ESPN. Flat screen TV's are a plus. The swimming pool is spotless and constantly maintained. The friendly staff always welcome me with open arms and treat me as if I were a part of their family. Enjoy your stay!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DayinnOrange, Manager at Days Inn Orange, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Been to Days Inn Orange? Share your experiences!