“Great view, OK food.” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Houston, Texas
“Great view, OK food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Bubba's Lakeside Bar & Grill has a great location - right on the shore of beautiful Lake Livingston. However, the food is only average. Dine inside or out, or enjoy drinks at the bar. If you want better food, drive a couple of miles east to Jerry's, but if you want a view Lakeside can't be beat.

Visited January 2012

Livingston, Texas
“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

went in at 6:15pm, food served at 7:35pm, no explanation. Seating on lakeside patio is by reservation. Persons setting on said patio seem to be served preferentially over those on the inside, watched it repeatedly happen! This is horrible business practice. Waitress seated us, got drinks, took order, brought drinks, refilled drinks once and disappeared. Never got an explanation of what was going on or why!!! In short, they really appear to not give a @#$% about customer service in any way

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Texas
“great location...fabulous view...poor service...inconsistent food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I really, really want to like this restaurant, and have been numerous times despite my reservations about the service and food. My husband and I live close and we love the Lake and need a decent restaurant. The first time we went the food was spectacular...the service NON existent. We sat out on the patio where the view is the best, and our waitress pretty much forgot about us. The next time the service was alright, but they were OUT of everything that I wanted to order on the menu - I ended up getting "fresh" fried gulf shrimp (which I have had before) they were FROZEN pre-fried shrimp that I paid $12 for. The time before the fried shrimp was actually made fresh...so disappointing. On another occasion the portions were extremely small (I'm not the all you can eat type, usually portion sizes to me are to big since I'm a small person). I left hungry...seriously....the service was better though. We even got free rolls to feed to the fish and turtles. There have been a couple of other occasions where I've really bragged about how good this place was and brought large groups of friends only to be extremely embarrassed when the food and service were bad. My only other complaint is....karaoke....for the love of all things good in the world....stop doing this - I will NOT come here again until I'm sure there will not be karaoke while I am there. There is nothing like listening to some old coot sing "Silver Wings" while I'm trying to enjoy my meal. This totally ruins any relaxed lake atmosphere that is created by this place. I would rather drive to the woodlands or livingston to eat if there will be karaoke at this place. Lastly, please, please, please....give your waitresses a lesson appropriate dress. i.e. I don't really think that a shirt that says "Wanna Tap This" is appropriate for a restaurant that charges the prices this one does - that would be appropriate for a bar....not a restaurant that typically runs $60 for dinner and drinks. With the right atmosphere - this could be the most popular restaurant on Lake Livingston. I would be your best customer if these problems were fixed.

• Visited May 2011