“Excellent service wouldn't stay anywhere else!!” 5 of 5 stars

MCM Elegante Hotel
5200 E University, Odessa, TX 79762   |
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Odessa
Lubbock
“Excellent service wouldn't stay anywhere else!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel back in May, when I first entered through the lobby doors there was an automatic overwhelming feeling of elegance starting with the friendly helpful faces of the front desk staff they were very respectful and made me feel comfortable
Not to mention I had lunch at the restaurant on property
And the cooked to order pasta was just one of the many fabulous specials that take place in the "shrimp boat".
And as I thought things couldn't get any better there is actually a full service SPA offering massages and facials.. My favorite part is the Starbucks inside of it.. :-D

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tyler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the area over the past year. I have found the Elegante to be the best value for the high oilfield prices in the area. The beds and pillows are amazing. I would love to find where to buy for myself! Also spend the extra money for the 8th floor. The ladies are wonderful and they have great food!

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My company travel agency picked this place based on cost and nothing else. The service has been subpar. The outside rooms are subject to being awaken at 5am by trash trucks. Upon check in, the staff was rude. The wait staff at the bar never took a drink order from me after me sitting there for more than ten minutes and making eye contact with them. If you are looking at price only, then this is your place, but if you expect rest or quality service, then go somewhere else.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Room Service, Too BAD!
Trying to call the Managers Phone, but always Busy.
I Reported these incidents to the Manager trough Receptionist.
I found out that I Lost 2 Brand New Sports Shirts in my Luggage
When I arrived back to Canada.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have started to travel and stay in many hotels due to my new job and this is by far the worst I've been too. Staff were extremely rude and not helpful in any way.
My room was ok, the iron and ironing board were extremely dirty. Bed was a little hard but was able to sleep well enough. The hotel looks very dated and could use an update in many ways.

Stayed November 2013
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over the last 12 years and when I first started this was a leader in the industry. The were the first I saw add plush pillow top beds with nice furniture for just normal rooms. Shortly after that many chains were doing the same at a slow pace. The problem is they have not done much else to renovate or get up to date with current trends. I highly suspect it's because they don't have much in competition in this oil resurrected town where -any- room is a commodity. I hope they check their history and know that this town saw a oil bust in the past and if oil goes down it can all happen again.

Highly suggest you take those huge profits and spruce up the place when you can afford it.

Room Tip: Like other reviews have said this hotel is full and full of many who work in the oil fields, so for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Let me start by saying I'm a Texas girl, so the fact that the parking lot was full of pickups or that there's a 10 Commandment slab in front of the hotel didn't really seem out of the ordinary to me as it would to some. Granted, I don't find myself in West Texas much, so I can't compare this hotel to others in the area (are there even any other hotels in Midland/Odessa?!). Judging from its decor, I'm sure this hotel was something special in the 80s. That being said, while the fixtures felt old and dated, this hotel is very clean, and they take pride in keeping the property looking nice.

My room was nice enough--it was clean, had a working TV, a comfortable bed, hot water, and a refrigerator. The bathroom and bedroom fixtures were older, but they were clean and didn't have that typical old hotel grody feeling. They do offer Bath & Body Works complimentary toiletries in all the rooms, so even if you bring your own bath goodies, you can always take these along and save them for stocking-stuffers at Christmas.

The iron in my room was a little dirty. I do clean the front of hotel irons as standard practice before using them, as you never know if the person before you decided to make a late-night grilled cheese with it. However, despite my best efforts, It managed to spit some calcified sediment on my clothes while I was ironing, leaving a nice white streak across the front of my dark dress...so be careful!

By the time I arrived, the restaurant was closed, but the bar was still serving food (from the restaurant's menu). For you city-folk, you're in for a real treat--smoking is still allowed inside public places in Odessa, so if you have an aversion to cigarette smoke or just don't want the clothes you wore to the bar making your suitcase smell like an ash tray, it's best to take your food to go, back to your non-smoking hotel room.

The food in the bar is average, at best. I ordered a tuna steak sandwich, which honestly was probably a mistake since Odessa is nowhere near a fresh source of fish. I also should have been concerned when it took nearly an hour for my order to come out when the bar was empty, but I was tired and didn't care about anything but the rumbling in my stomach. What I got wasn't totally inedible (did I mention I was about to gnaw my arm off in a fit of starvation?) but the tuna was more like overcooked, leathery chicken. I choked down as many bites as I could, shoved some french fries in my mouth, and in a moment of desperation ordered a slice of pie to go. Much to my surprise, the pie was DELICIOUS, but was obviously a pre-made frozen goody from their food supplier. I have to say though, even though the food was sub-par, the staff was very nice and very attentive--I don't think I ever had to ask for a single refill!

There is a full-service beauty salon on the property that features Aveda products, so that's something if you have a lot of time to kill and need a haircut or want to get your nails done. They also have a fun little gift shop in case you need something to help remember your West Texas Adventure.

All in all, this hotel is nice enough. I would stay here again most likely, but I'd probably look around the area first to see what else is available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!