“Booked first, read Trip Advisor later!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Odessa

You added Motel 6 Odessa to your Saves list
Motel 6 Odessa
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   200 East I-20 Service Road, I-20 at US 385, Exit #116, Odessa, TX 79760   |
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Odessa
La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
“Booked first, read Trip Advisor later!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Big mistake!!!Staff very accommodating....turned down the first room....strong odor of smoke and burns on both bedspreads....pillows looked like they had been 'used'.....Second room....no odor, only 1 spread had burns......Many workers staying here.....noisy++.....Didn't realize that hotels in this area are way overpriced....Will be passing Odessa on our next trip south and this Motel 6......Not all Motel 6's we've stayed at are like this.

Room Tip: By pass Odessa, TX if at all possible. This lousy room was 90$
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Small, stinky rooms, no soap, no Usable towels, the microwave was not usable. The beds were like rocks, very uncomfortable!!! I would not recommend to anyone! It was a horrible experience for the price, might as well pay $40 extra for a nicer more comfortable hotel.

Stayed February 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Needed a place to stay while our RV was in the repair shop. Found this lace online with no photos. Called and they sounded very friendly and gave a military discount. When we pulled it, it is off the beaten path with empty lots on each side of it. Checked in, the register was very friendly. Got into our room and I noticed little pellets on the floor and in the bathroom. Not sure if they were rabbit pellets or rat food. (Pet friendly motel). Took a few over to the office and told them I needed to move rooms. She gave us another room. It was cleaner, but floors are cheap linoleum, bedspread had a cigarette burn hole and towels were not white but a dingy yellow. Checked for bedbugs - found none, thank goodness! We only stayed one night but would not recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Odessa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Livsun, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was so unhappy that I made the decision for my family to stay here. The area is experiencing some type of boom and so Midland, Odessa, and other surronding areas are charging $180+ for rooms. As a result, I opted to stay at Motel 6, well.....

The Good - They have the "newer" style Motel 6 rooms. They have hooks ups for DVD player, MP3, HDMI, etc. There are plenty of television channels such as HBO and ESPN. They do have newer flat screen televisions.

The Bad - There is NO iron or ironing board in the room. The towels were barely big enough to cover an average size 2 year old. The soap is a JOKE so bring your own bar. The pillows for me were the worst and it made for a terrible nights sleep. The comforter had multiple stains on it and this was true for both of the full size beds in my room. The internet is $2.99/24 hours and is only good on ONE device. If you try using the code on two devices one will get KICKED off immediately. There was no microwave or refrigerator in my room and I thought based on the internet information that there would be one. Lastly, I could hear the person's television in the next room at 7 am.

Finally, this hotel provides the bare minimum, so if you just want to lay your head down for a few hours before getting back on the road then this might be the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Odessa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Travel4worland4fun,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced with the bedspreads. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Stay started off with a piss smelly room, and just got worse from there, I was lied to by General Manager Luis Vargas promising a full refund, did not get, offered me coupons (admitting a problem), I will never stay at a Motel Six again. I would not stay at this motel ever if you are considering it. The only reason I stayed there was because of the oil field boom in this area. prices are outrageous, I was charged 100.00 per night at this Motel six. Talk about price gouging, oh well life goes on and what goes around comes around

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Terlingua, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all prices in the Midland/Odessa are just completely outrageous. At $80 a night, I didn't expect much but wanted to save the extra $50. The clerk who checks you in is behind what looks to be bullet proof glass. She was very friendly, though, and gave me helpful information and directions.

On the way to our room I noticed some seedy looking guys just sitting there in their truck, staring out the window. After we got settled and went out to dinner about 45 minutes later they were still sitting in the truck. The room was recently remodeled with fresh paint, new linens, and decorations. It looked nice enough but the beds are hard as a rock!! I thought I was sleeping on a box spring. My kids and husband both complained about how hard the beds were too. None of us got much sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
El Rito, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The motel itself is fine. No problems. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Better than the average M6, but because the oil patch is booming, many workers have to stay anywhere they can find a roof. That has enabled every motel owner in Midland/Odessa and surrounding towns to raise their rates sky-high. Nothing you can do about it if you have to stay in the area, but if you can, drive on further to get out of the boom area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo