“I Hate to even give it one star!” 1 of 5 stars

Studio 6 Odessa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3031 E Highway 80, I-20 at exit #121, Odessa, TX 79761   |
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
Fort Worth, Texas
“I Hate to even give it one star!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

If your in the oilfield and traveling with your family this is a very unsafe hotel. Not only was I approached by a pimp while washing my familys clothes I also had to call my husband to come quick because the man did not understand I was married and not looking to become a hooker.When my husband came out and ran to me the pimp saw he was going to get his butt killed by a large oil field worker and he took off. We own several companys and after having to stay here 4 days we were all disgusted. I could not take the family to the pool because of all the hookers ans we ended up on the last night having 4 hookers stay in the room next door to us and men came in and out all night long. I contacted the front desk on their policy concerning the paying and hard working patrons and let him know in full detail about the situation. he told us he would call us back and when he did he said he would kick them out in the morning? REALLY! I emailed and called the corporate offices and I will continue to make bad reviews for this hotel. You would think they call the police. Its good if your looking for that sort of thing but not good if your a traveling hard worker like we are and we want sleep and safety and we want the hotel to be what we are paying our hard earned money for. I don't know how some reviewers can even say this place is to the par and they enjoyed it. Maybe they have never had anything better than what this hotel has to offer. Its not worth the money unless your a pimp or a prostitute.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kilgore, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We r from kilgore texas. I came here to visit my husband and son. They r the people who r making all these motels and RV parks their money that they line there pockets with. Not to mention the resturaunts. We booked a room that was a kitchenette with two beds. The amenaties were listed on their website. The kitchenette had nothing in it that it said. Had to go purchase things that they were suppose to provide. Had to get towels as well as toilet tissue, really!! When we asked the help any questions they all had same reply, I DONT KNOW. The first morning we had a woman knock and ask for our dirty towels, which were two for four people, to go wash them and bring them back to us. And woke us up to do it. U couldn't even go to the desk to get any towels. They had none. People steal all our stuff they said. How is that my fault when we traveled all this way and it plainly stated that these things were provided. If they don't have these things they should not say they do. Same as a lie. Washateria was also out of order. Go figure. I would not reccomend anyone stay here ever. They should b inspected and shut down. Its a motel people u pay for certain things and u expect to get them. If u don't provide such things say so. False advertisement!! Who monitors the hotel people. Looks like no one does. There r better motels to stay in here keep looking. U don't want to stay at this one I assure u. I just now read that in 2010 the management was correcting all their problems. Well its been three years. Damn ain't done it yet. U shouldn't b in the motel business period. I have never written a review on any of the hundreds of motels I have stayed in, but I really felt the need to review this crappy place they call a motel. Tracy Powers husband is a crane operated from east Texas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kermit, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here many times I've read the reviews by other people and frankly I don't know what they're talking about its not perfect or the Four seasons but I've never seen a bug it's always clean and the staff is nice if you're just too good than spend the extra money to go stay at the Elegante or the Hilton in midland good this is a cheap place to stay on the highway and what do u expect?

• Stayed September 2012
Ocala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Read the other reviews - not much more needs to be said. I was overcharged and there was no posted rate on the door so they can rip you off as much as they want. Odessa is experiencing an oil boom and rooms are scarce. The people that own this place are taking the money and lining their pockets. Maids are few and don't seem to care about doing a good job. Clean sheets is the most you can hope for but don't expect to get it. Vacuum broken.Gum stuck to the wall - nice touch, huh? Bedspread was nasty, curtains were nasty, shower curtain was nasty, carpet was nasty, tile in kitchen and bath all horribly nasty. They charged $50/week for my pets. My pets at their dirtiest were too good for this place. I hope they didn't get a disease from this place. Bedbugs? I'd be surprised if there weren't any... Oh, yeah, it's adjacent to 3 busy roads and a train yard. Car alarms, loud engines, loud boombox car radios, people yelling in the parking lot, no chance to get a decent nights sleep. Worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - I don't think there is a good room at this Studio 6.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

WORST HOTEL EVER! I have stayed in probaly close to 1,000 hotels and this easily is the worst. DO NOT STAY HERE! Room is disgusting - drips and oozes all over all of the walls and carpets are filthy. Drapes barely hanging up. I am sick just talking about this dump.

The Worst Part is that I woke up in the morning and my sheets were covered in my own blood from thousands of bed bug bites. It was horribly traumatic - I left my clothes in the room and bought new luggage. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

this place was so gross and dirty!!! the towels were dirty, they even had dirt and fresh stains. the shower curtain had blood all over it. so gross. we didn't stay and couldn't get our money back. the health department needs to shut this place down!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

It was nice to have a microwave & frig; the woman at the front desk was harried but friendly. However - the non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Housekeeping was terrible: cigarette butt beside the frig; cob webs in the corner; human hair on the sheets; dirty floor; something had sprayed and dried on the bathroom walls & ceiling but wasn't cleaned (at least the towels had been replaced). I definitely recommend not to stay here. "High speed" Internet was slower than dial-up.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else, even if you have to pay more.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Studio 6 Odessa? Share your experiences!