“A strange hotel” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6201 E Business Interstate 20-E, Odessa, TX 79762   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Odessa
“A strange hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

(ILL GO IN TO DETAIL IN THIS REVEIW)
So the school district booked us at this hotel for regionals for all the swim teams. It was dingy looking at first because of the tacky blue paint on the outside. Inside is pretty neat, it's a little 90's but it doesn't harm the eye too much. This is a fun hotel for kids and teens, most definitely. It's such a strange hotel but it brings great memories of the time with my team at regionals.
We came around February the 7th, the district put some of the lucky ones inside the hotel (suites I suppose) and the rest outside the hotel. The outside is like one huge motel. A FREGGIN MAZE TO FIND YOUR ROOM and extremely annoying when it's 15 degrees outside.
The rooms were okay. Very small and the windows were easily opened so one could easily sneak out or break in (I forgot my key and my friends were being stupid and were refusing to open the door for me, so I easily came in through the window, they were in awe haha) also very dark. The bathrooms were the worst I think, small and the lights in my room would flicker, leaving you in the dark while peeing.
The food was AMAZING. especially for the hungry swimmer, it was a large variety of breakfast items to choose from, coffee, milk, water, a soft drink, or orange juice to choose from. And the dining area isn't too shabby either, it's basically a buffet.
The jacuzzi and both pools (indoor and outdoor) were the BOMB. honestly! They were super hot even the one outside was as hot as the jacuzzi, and it was at least 20 degrees outside, which was a great experience!

And lastly the play area was fun, even for us high school kids, the Ping pong, the mini golf and the jungle gym were all enjoyable.

The only bad thing about this hotel was of course the outside rooms and the dingy people that stay there, if you are a woman alone in this hotel do not risk it, there's strange people everywhere, weird old men that stared at the high school girls. It's not like they did anything or they were cons or anything but the people were strange.

Also avoid staying at hotels in early February.. Because it's regional season for swimming and wrestling a like. Let me tell you, we are anything but quiet, we're restless, reckless, careless and extremely loud.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms INSIDE THE HOTEL. because there are rooms outside and finding your room is a MAZE...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This room was small. The bed was a tiny twin bed. Even though it was very comfortable, it was small for two people to share. The bathroom shower was dirty. It really looked as if it had not been thoroughly cleaned, the shower curtain had something on it, that I really tried not to analyze too hard. The outside parking was nosy, I was waken multiple times thinking someone was trying to come in. The restaurant was not up to par either. We waited a while to have our order taken and then even longer to receive our food. It was not all that great. It's an older hotel, that is really taken advantage of the boom that is going on and is NOT worth $200+ a night! But with vacancies limited, you pay the price and settle. Id look hard and plan ahead so as to not stay in this establishment again. Front desk was polite, the maid service was accommodating when asked for more towels. Perks, to this hotel are the lounge, restaurant on premises, and the front desk to try to have rooms available. But be prepared, this is an older establishment in need of updating.

Room Tip: upper inside room for peace and quiet. Outside ground rooms are NOSY!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have been several times, once we stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite for my daughters birthday, and brought all of her girl cousins. It was a blast! They loved the pool, play dome, and we all adored the Sunday Brunch! The Sunday Brunch is worth the price. I highly recommend it. The second time we went we brought along my Mother-in-law, and she watched the kids while we went dancing at the bar. It was a great get away for all of us! A great weekend trip.

Room Tip: The suite with the Jacuzzi was heavenly!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great stay welcoming staff. The food was fabulous will come back again soon. My kids love coming to MCM Grande. If your a family traveling to the area this is the best hotel to stay at. They are also pet friendly which is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our company held a meeting here two weeks ago, having never been here before. And we will never return. The meeting was almost a disaster. We had clients and staff coming from all over the U.S. and one of our managers in Houston had set up the meeting through the MCM's meeting and catering department. In the process, the people at the MCM assigned us to three meeting rooms with the main room next to a large ballroom. What they did not tell us was that at the same time of our proposed meeting, there would be an auction of oil and gas field equipment in the ball room that would be so loud that the entire wing of the hotel vibrated. Luckily I went to the hotel the day before to check it out and discovered what was about to happen the next day. When I complained, the meeting and catering people told me that there was no other space for us and we would have to find some way to adjust.

In fact, there were other meeting rooms available, but they had assigned them to smaller groups who meet more regularly at the hotel and were 'regular customers" in order to protect them from the drumbeat of the auction. At one point, the hotel meeting planner met with the hotel manager and they agreed to move us to the quieter rooms, but the banquet manager objected because the "regular customers" were friends of his and he knew they would object.

Finally we settled on a compromise before our clients showed up and everything worked out okay except they tried to charge us before we were allowed to see the bill and then tried to run it through without authorization after they were told they would need authorization for the amount of the final invoice.

The bottom line is that the hotel meeting and catering staff are not honest, are rude, and disrespectful to business guests who are not regular customers. I am sorry if this sounds slanderous but it is the truth and is also my opinion.

We work really hard for our money and go out of our way to please our clients. We expect our vendors to do the same. These people do not and we do not recommend them..

On the other hand, the servers from the catering department were warm and friendly and we really appreciated their hard work and helpfulness. It is a shame that the management of the hotel has not learned from them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

No words can explain !!! We had so much fun....staff, room , and facilities were top knotch!! As I read the reviews on here its amazes me the negative comments people have to stay about this hotel. I have stayed here numerous times and I enjoyed every bit of it!! People just have to learn to stop being picky and relax.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Odessa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

The best services and value in Odessa hands down. I highly recommend and will definitely be staying at the
MCM Grande again. The staff was very attentive the Sunday brunch outstanding. The heated swimming pool and children's play area were a hit with my children.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to MCM Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!