“Older property; pool not open in mornings on weekdays” 3 of 5 stars

MCM Grande Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6201 E Business Interstate 20-E, Odessa, TX 79762   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Odessa
Driftwood, Texas
“Older property; pool not open in mornings on weekdays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Property looks much better on their website than in person. Was similar to Days inn or older La Quinta Motel. Food mediocre but edible. They have a burly guard watching the pool area, and on weekdays, he doesn't show up until around 3 even over the Christmas holidays. Some families but mostly blue collar businessmen. Indoor play area was reasonable, and the kids liked it. Train runs across the road. I could hear it but sleep. The beds were very nice and rooms well done given how old they were. Next time, I'll avoid having to stay in Odessa if possible.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Corpus Christi, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have stayed at MCM Grande several times and have always had pleasant experiences until our stay October 26, 2011. I made the reservation a week prior & requested an inside room near the pool. Upon check in, we were told that the only ground floor, king bed available was not close to the pool. We were not told that the pool and hot tub were closed & would not be open at all during our stay.
We checked in about 4:00PM, and the room appeared to be clean with no unusual odors. We left about 5:00 for dinner and returned about 10:00. When I turned on the lamp in the back corner of the room, I noticed what appeared to be feces from a small animal, on the carpet about 5” from the wall. Since the hotel allows pets, I assumed that it was possibly a ferret or Chihuahua. I called the front desk, and they seemed to be genuinely shocked and offered to send housekeeping right away. We were very tired, already preparing for bed, and since there was no bad odor, I told her it could wait until morning.

The following morning, I reported it to the young lady at the front desk when we checked out and offered to show her pictures. She said that wasn’t necessary and offered us $50.00 credit toward our bill. I agreed to that. The credit had to be issued by the manager, who had not arrived yet, so she printed a receipt and left the voucher amount blank, as she said that she would do. My credit card had not been charged yet, so the amount was to be taken off the bill before being issued on the credit card.

I checked my credit card statement on October 29, 2011 and found that not only had I not been issued credit, but I was to be charged $155.36, instead of $124.29 which I was quoted. At this point, I did some research and located the gentleman who owns this hotel chain, as well as other businesses around Texas. I mailed him a certified letter to which he replied immediately with the following: “I’m sorry to hear that we disappointed you after several stays reflecting proof of your previous enjoyment. I can tell you that if we promised it you will get it—the $50.00 credit. I apologize for the obvious oversight.” He also sent a copy to the general manager.

I was charged the original rate which I was quoted, but did not receive credit until November 8, 2011. I had called the hotel directly on November 2 & 6 and was told both times that the manager was issuing the credit as we spoke.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Here on business again...Did not get the room we wanted... Resturant food was barely tolerable... Shrimp Boat?
Mattresses were great but the pillows terrible...

***as a side note...since I cant find a way to post this otherwise....

Your wife must shop at the Posh Pony Boutique in Midland....That is the BEST womens boutique in this west texas area....located in San Miguel Shopping Center near Midkiff & Wadley streets....Great location and fun staff and Owner.

• Stayed October 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The area seems like an industrial bypass, and the outside of the hotel reminded me of some 1960s left-over motel that, for some reason, was still open for business. Once inside, very clean, very nice. Nice big rooms, good service, free breakfast, great play area for the kids. If you don't want to hear kids, ask for a room on the opposite side from the play area, and you won't hear them. Indoor pool. The parking lot is a mess, and the outside of the building sure could use some sprucing up. One of Odessa's world-famous Painted Jackrabbits is guarding the front of the property. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: If you want it quiet in your room all day, make sure to ask for a room away from the kid's play...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We arrived at 2pm. Told adjoining rooms would be ready in an hour. We got in to the room at 5pm! Housekeeping had to accompany us to room to "make sure" it had been cleaned. Walls and grounds of facility are filthy. Pool had a dirt film on the bottom of it. Could see childrens footprints in the muck. Stay somewhere else. It should be rated a two star at best.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Recently had an event at this hotel and service was horrible. Room changed without our knowledge and promised items were no there. Rude to guest that checked in and poor poor public relations. This hotel should be shut down due to health issues as well.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the pool and indoor equipment that you can. Bring bug spray.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was the 2nd year our churchheld our Women's Conference here and it was AWESOME !!!! The food,staff,our suite AWESOME !!!! The overall experience was just WONDERFUL!!!! We're already planning our 3rd. conference next year at your hotel. !!!!!!!!!! That alone speaks of how we fell about your hotel. Thank you MCM Grande Hotel & Fun Dome , DeSoto, TX. so much for a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Suittes are AWESOME !!!! beds sleeps so good !!!!! very clean and homesetting.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to MCM Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!