“Oops!?!” 2 of 5 stars

20% 2 nights minimum!
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Odessa
“Oops!?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Room had two beds in a room designed for one queen size bed. One double bed was up against the wall. The second double bed was up against the air conditioning unit. (Freezing the person in that bed!). The pillow cases had stains. There was no refrigerator in the space allotted. No alarm clock. No hangers in the closet. Only two bath towels available. Shower controls were reversed with a five minute delay for hot water. There was a large oval toilet seat on a small round toilet. The room was advertised as recently remodeled, however the carpentry and details were unfinished.
On a positive note, there was fresh fruit for breakfast and the flat screen TV worked well.

• Stayed May 2014
swordsman43, Front Office Manager at Motel One, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I'm glad you took the time to advise us as to the problems you encountered. As to the two beds, yes the room is small, but when the original owners built the property, most of the travelers only wanted a place to sleep at a reasonable rate, which is still true. Since then the area has encountered a growth and economical advantage, which increase the rates.
When you checked in, the room rate quoted was a discounted rate for the room, since you (or whoever checked in the room) was told that there wasn't a refrigerator in this room. This is why the rate was discounted. At the time of your water usage, a lot of guests were doing the same thing, slowing the temperature rise, however you did get hot water.
Hiring new inexperience employees (nothing unusual in this area) we could hire more experience employees and increase the rates.
We now have an expanded continental breakfast, serving coffee (reg and decafe) 24 hrs. along with 8 types of teas. Belgian waffles (you make), bread, English Muffins, Bagels, 4 kinds of cereal along with fresh milk. Sausage gravy and biscuits. (Soon to have eggs, bacon and sausage).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is the motel of your nightmares. This has never happened to me before. Pretty much we had a reservation through hotels.com. There were so many things that happened in that hotel lobby that we decided to stay elsewhere. First, a man who was staying in the motel, walked into the front desk to tell them that housekeeping stole $500 from his room. Second, another guest came in to request another room because the room they assigned to him already had other people in! We felt really unsafe. We didn't want to stay in a motel where any random person could walk into our room. Finally, they make photocopies of your driver's license and credit card. We asked what happens to that piece of paper with our personal information. The lady couldn't not answer the question. She said it's kept on file (I noticed the file cabinets do not have locks) and couldn't say what is done with your personal information. I smell identity theft!

We lost our money, about $90 (including fees and taxes) since Motel One and Hotels.com refuse to refund us. We are still trying to get our money back through our credit card company.

If you don't want to feel unsafe and lose money, skip this place. I couldn't sleep that night once we checked in at another hotel since I couldn't stop thinking how dubious Motel One is. This is the motel of nightmares.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I was alarmed to hear about the problems that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not a standard at my Hotel. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. We cannot get better by silent complaints. Please accept my sincere apology.

We strive to make each guests stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide good service to all of our guests.

I strongly believe that the money situation was a misunderstanding, I do recall an incident where a guest forgot he had placed his cash in the closet and later could not find it, after a thorough search he found it.
and yes we do make copies of drivers licenses but we only keep them on file during the stay, we need to know who our guests are and also for everybody's protection.

I would love for you to give us another try; we will be happy to provide a 50% discount on a future stay.

The Management
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several times over several months. The last time I stayed there, there were prostitutes propositioning me all evening. I could not sleep due to the noise in the parking lot. An obvious drug deal happened just down the hall. When I checked out I tried twice to contact the manager, but he would not return my call. You are not safe in this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rick H.

Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that there have been a number of improvements, and the property is under new management, the change includes new properly trained staff and overall; we just take a lot of pride in the service we offer, we now have security on duty, and the place looks completely different now.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and will be happy to offer a 50% off for you next visit, just ask to speak to the manager.
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I liked this hotel. New Beds, Linens, furniture, tile, carpet, mattress covers. Very comfortable, cozy, warm. I booked my room on a discount site for $54 (would NOT pay more than that) but their were issues:

Cleanliness is suffering.

All 3 pillowcases had small blood stains on every pillow and some on the sheets - they weren't particularly large drops of blood - but were NOT that hard to see. Either way GROSS. This is VERY unacceptable and whomever is in charge of housekeeping is not only cutting corners but is putting health at risk. Bravo to the owners for using WHITE linens so issues can be caught and addressed.

Housekeeping was knocking on doors at 10pm at night - to check and see if a room was available or had been cleaned cause they were out of rooms??? How hard is it to keep on top of these things - WHICH obviously they aren't and it shows.

Sound issues: The lockable adjoining door between two rooms lets in a LOT of sound. My neighbors came in late and I could hear every sound, word and sniffle. It was like there wasn't even a door there. SO glad that the Heater made nice white noise - or I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

Its not in great part of town - SOME of the clientele is a little rough around the edges. They should try to 'screen' the people staying for a good nights sleep vs. those that are 'partying' or their 'long-term renters' and try to clump those people together at the back of the property. Keep all the business & travelers in one area where they can sleep and enjoy quiet.

Other minor irritations: My key card didn't work for the second night - very irritating to have to have it REPROGRAMMED after a long day of work. No washcloths?

Room Tip: Check the linens and make SURE they were cleaned and changed
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sean,

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the review.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that all comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously.

I can assure you that since we had new management there are no issues of any kind especially in housekeeping, please give us another try and we will be happy to offer you a substantial discount next time you are in the area.

The Management Team
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The prices for hotels in Odessa are crazy, but you get what you pay for. The rooms are tiny. The carpet was dirty, but the rest of the room was very clean. The bed frames on the king size beds are to small and cheap, they tilt when you get off them from the sides. Hotel gives the impression of an hourly rate hotel. The noise was terrible, other guests barbequed outside their room, and others had to be kicked out for noise. We stayed two days, and the morning after the first day, the staff was knocking at the door, at 8:34 am, to see if we were staying another day....Hello, I had already paid for two nights. After that house keeping started knocking ever 30 to 40 minutes wanting to clean, even with the do not disturb card inserted. Six times they knocked. A housekeeper told me it was because they get paid per room and want to get in to the rooms to clean. You get what you pay for, but I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay at a better hotel, but if you can't, this place is okay in a pinch.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience, please accept my sincere apologies, please know that the property is under new management since February 2014 and things are much different now, so next time you are in the area please give us a chance to serve you and you will receive a 50% discount off the rack rate.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedbak
North Battleford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrive at this hotel at 12;30am (my flight arrived late). We get to the hotel and I have it speak to the front desk clerk through glass, pass my id through a slot under the glass in a little whole. We were unloading the car and a black escalade kept circling the motel. We get to the room and immediately go to bed. The man in the room beside us had visitors in and out all night. Every half hour, we finally ran out of the room at 5am when our neighbour was "tinkering" with the deadbolt of the door that separated the rooms. I was terrified. I get it's not expensive and didn't expect allot but we needed only 7 hours of sleep and we got none. worst motel I've ever stayed in

Room Tip: My tip is find another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rene,

I am very sorry to hear that you stay with us was not a pleasant experience, please know that the property has been under new management since February 2014

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, and I'd like to invite you to stay with us and you will receive 50% off the rack rate..
There is security now plus the rooms have been renovated.

The Management
beaumont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are small but the bedding and paint is fresh and new. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping came when we asked them to and not at 9am like some other places. They just renovated so the rooms have a clean and bright mood, which is nice to walk into after a long drive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miguel M, General Manager at Motel One, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hi Brittany,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and for allowing us to serve you, our goal is to please you and learn from your experiences at our property.
Please come visit us again, I can assure you next time will be even more pleasant, as we continue to improve not just the comfort/ambiance inside the rooms but also the curb appeal, and of course the service as well.

The Management Team

Been to Motel One? Share your experiences!