“HOUSEKEEPING Is going to ruin this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2925 E. Hwy 80, Odessa, TX 79761   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
San Angelo, Texas
“HOUSEKEEPING Is going to ruin this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I liked this hotel. New Beds, Linens, furniture, tile, carpet, mattress covers. Very comfortable, cozy, warm. I booked my room on a discount site for $54 (would NOT pay more than that) but their were issues:

Cleanliness is suffering.

All 3 pillowcases had small blood stains on every pillow and some on the sheets - they weren't particularly large drops of blood - but were NOT that hard to see. Either way GROSS. This is VERY unacceptable and whomever is in charge of housekeeping is not only cutting corners but is putting health at risk. Bravo to the owners for using WHITE linens so issues can be caught and addressed.

Housekeeping was knocking on doors at 10pm at night - to check and see if a room was available or had been cleaned cause they were out of rooms??? How hard is it to keep on top of these things - WHICH obviously they aren't and it shows.

Sound issues: The lockable adjoining door between two rooms lets in a LOT of sound. My neighbors came in late and I could hear every sound, word and sniffle. It was like there wasn't even a door there. SO glad that the Heater made nice white noise - or I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

Its not in great part of town - SOME of the clientele is a little rough around the edges. They should try to 'screen' the people staying for a good nights sleep vs. those that are 'partying' or their 'long-term renters' and try to clump those people together at the back of the property. Keep all the business & travelers in one area where they can sleep and enjoy quiet.

Other minor irritations: My key card didn't work for the second night - very irritating to have to have it REPROGRAMMED after a long day of work. No washcloths?

Room Tip: Check the linens and make SURE they were cleaned and changed
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sean,

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the review.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that all comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously.

I can assure you that since we had new management there are no issues of any kind especially in housekeeping, please give us another try and we will be happy to offer you a substantial discount next time you are in the area.

The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The prices for hotels in Odessa are crazy, but you get what you pay for. The rooms are tiny. The carpet was dirty, but the rest of the room was very clean. The bed frames on the king size beds are to small and cheap, they tilt when you get off them from the sides. Hotel gives the impression of an hourly rate hotel. The noise was terrible, other guests barbequed outside their room, and others had to be kicked out for noise. We stayed two days, and the morning after the first day, the staff was knocking at the door, at 8:34 am, to see if we were staying another day....Hello, I had already paid for two nights. After that house keeping started knocking ever 30 to 40 minutes wanting to clean, even with the do not disturb card inserted. Six times they knocked. A housekeeper told me it was because they get paid per room and want to get in to the rooms to clean. You get what you pay for, but I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay at a better hotel, but if you can't, this place is okay in a pinch.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience, please accept my sincere apologies, please know that the property is under new management since February 2014 and things are much different now, so next time you are in the area please give us a chance to serve you and you will receive a 50% discount off the rack rate.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedbak
North Battleford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrive at this hotel at 12;30am (my flight arrived late). We get to the hotel and I have it speak to the front desk clerk through glass, pass my id through a slot under the glass in a little whole. We were unloading the car and a black escalade kept circling the motel. We get to the room and immediately go to bed. The man in the room beside us had visitors in and out all night. Every half hour, we finally ran out of the room at 5am when our neighbour was "tinkering" with the deadbolt of the door that separated the rooms. I was terrified. I get it's not expensive and didn't expect allot but we needed only 7 hours of sleep and we got none. worst motel I've ever stayed in

Room Tip: My tip is find another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rene,

I am very sorry to hear that you stay with us was not a pleasant experience, please know that the property has been under new management since February 2014

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, and I'd like to invite you to stay with us and you will receive 50% off the rack rate..
There is security now plus the rooms have been renovated.

The Management
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are small but the bedding and paint is fresh and new. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping came when we asked them to and not at 9am like some other places. They just renovated so the rooms have a clean and bright mood, which is nice to walk into after a long drive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miguel M, General Manager at Motel One, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hi Brittany,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and for allowing us to serve you, our goal is to please you and learn from your experiences at our property.
Please come visit us again, I can assure you next time will be even more pleasant, as we continue to improve not just the comfort/ambiance inside the rooms but also the curb appeal, and of course the service as well.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Two of the three front desk staff members we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The motel is currently undergoing renovation. We had a renovated room and the new furniture and color scheme are very nice.

The rooms are very small. This was expected at the price and is not really an issue as such, except that the interior architecture doesn't work with the room size. One of the twin beds is directly besides the window underneath which the AC is located. The AC blows between window and curtain and drives the curtain half way across the bed. That makes this bed essentially unusable.

The electronic door locks are unreliable. It took even the staff multiple attempts with different keys to get the lock to open.

The major issue was cleaning, or the absence of it. The trash bin was not emptied, all inner surfaces of the fridge were covered by a disgusting, sticky substance. There was old chewing gum balls in the AC openings next to the bed, and the air filter in the bathroom had probably never been cleaned, despite the renovation.

There were also some issues with the motel doubling our reservation in mistake, which we were luckily able to sort out satisfactorily, though requiring a couple of emails.

All in all it looks as if the management is trying, but doesn't really have a grip on motel operations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Miguel M, General Manager at Motel One, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us learn from your experience at Motel One, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, things have changed dramatically since your last visit, the property is now under new management.
Next time you are in the area please call us and we'll make sure you are taken care of.

The Management Team

Been to Motel One? Share your experiences!