“Nicest hotel in Odessa area(for now)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
Austin, Texas
“Nicest hotel in Odessa area(for now)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the area and have started asking my work travel agency to book me here every time. There are a few newer hotels recently opened in Midland I can't speak for, but this one is head and shoulders above most of the properties I've stayed in oil country. New, clean, good service, modern feel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CandlewoodOdessa, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review about our property and your stay. We know there are many hotels to choose from when traveling to this area and we sincerely appreciate you choosing ours. Our number one priority is our guest satisfaction, and we are thrilled to hear your stay was as such. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Couples
Solo
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very clean and spacious! Super friendly staff! The lady who checked us in gave me a free box of laundry detergent! I wish I could remember her name...she also put up with my three eager to get drunk buddies as we waited in the lobby for the cab that she called us. I'd go back in a heartbeat....if it weren't in Odessa. That place is crap!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CandlewoodOdessa, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently impress our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites in Odessa, Tx is amazing. They have the most amazing staff and the hotel is in prime location. Right on one of our main streets. For Thanksgiving they had food catered for their guest! How awesome and giving is that!!

• Stayed November 2013
CandlewoodOdessa, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you kindly for the positive feedback! Our number one priority is our guest satisfaction, and we are thrilled to hear your stay was as such. We strive to make every guest feel at home, and are glad that you enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal. We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Candlewood Suites Odessa.
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I along with our 2 small children came to Odessa for a funeral. We made our arrangements well in advance and paid extra for a smooth stay. We drove 500+ miles from Houston. Upon check in, all was fine and the staff as well as the manager went out of their way to help. We were confident that all arrangements were good and we finally attempted to get some sleep after the long trip. Much to our amazement and disappointment we were woken up @ 7:30am with a call from the desk. The lady (Claudia) on the other end of the phone was extremely rude and stated over and over that we had to be out and that the room was already rented (keep in mind checkout is 11am). We advised her of our arrangement with the manager and she acted as if we had made an invalid arrangement. After getting tired of hearing my wife arguing with this excuse for an employee I finally said, "I have a receipt, would you like me to bring it to you", she quickly said, "oh, sorry". and hung up. It is unbelievable and unacceptable to me that she did not call her manager to double check the arrangements rather than disturb paying customers in town for a funeral that had very very little sleep. If your a serious business person or in town for a funeral, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CandlewoodOdessa, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us; it is through such candid feedback that we are able to improve our service. We have taken note of your valuable comments, and will share this with our team members in an effort to improve guest satisfaction. Please accept our condolences.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although a little off the beaten path, in a soon-to-be thriving area, between Business 20 and I-20, it's still convenient to Hooters and Twin Peaks, and many other venues as well. The suites are well-planned and very nicely appointed. The accoutrements are nice as well, although skin lotion would be appreciated. Although there's no hotel kitchen, thus no complimentary breakfast or week-day "Manager's Reception", this hotel is far and above most others in the area. If you are lucky enough to check in when Sheena is behind the desk, you are indeed fortunate. She's as professional and cheery as can be!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CandlewoodOdessa, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and thank you for your business here at the Candlewood Suites. We're always looking for ways to identify star employees on our team and will share your positive review with Sheena. We assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and have since put skin lotion in our cupboard. We hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with my stay. Everytime I called the manager I was told a different price. I spoke with a young gal, Christian I think her name is, was rude and very unhelpful. She told me a different rate everytime I talked to her and seemed to not even care. I spent over 300 dollars for a room that wasn't even worth 100 dollars. The staff was so unfriendly, my room smelt like a sewer and I was unable to change rooms. I will never stay at any Candlewood Suites ever again, and I do not recommend anyone else to either.

• Stayed July 2013
CandlewoodOdessa, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We apologize for not being able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our guest satisfaction. Your review will be shared with our staff to ensure these experiences are avoided in the future. Thank you for your feedback.
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

When my husband experienced an emergency and needed a room quickly, the front desk went out of their way to promptly assist. The room and facilities were all perfect, and it appears to be brand new!

Great hotel and staff!

• Stayed July 2013
Our staff pride themselves on providing excellent service and will appreciate to hear your comment. Thank you from all of us here at the Candlewood Suites Odessa. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!