“Cork & Pig Comes to Midland” 2 of 5 stars

1432-272-4569
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork and Pig Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 199 Restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Midland, Texas
“Cork & Pig Comes to Midland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

A couple of days before Christmas, my wife and I and four other couples(friends of ours) planned to meet at the Cork and Pig for an end of the year get together. Some if us had not been there, but had heard about how good the San Angelo location was, so we were looking forward the experience. One of our friends emailed us that they had a table reserved for the group at 5:30pm that evening. My wife and I arrived early, at 5:10pm, only to be informed by a very dis interested young lady that, "we don t do reservations" and "when will the rest of your group be here?" The restaurant was less than 1/4 full. So, we waited at the door until the rest of the group began to arrive, and we were seated just after 5:30pm. We were obviously misinformed about having a table reserved. My mistake.
As the evening progressed, we ordered food, which I found to be just OK, the service was slow, and the drinks were poured short (in my view). In fact, some of the other people in our group complained to the waiter about the drinks. I am single malt scotch drinker, and at $10 per, I expect to be able to savor the spirit. And, when my wife and I ordered a pizza, I ordered a glass of the house Merlot when my pizza came to the table, only to be told by the waiter that he, couldn t take my order for another drink until my glass was empty.
Some folks I know have said, "It s not like being in Midland" at the C&P. "It s the only place in Midland you can get micro brewed beer". If that is your criteria for a good place to eat and spend time with friends, then good for you. But for me, I was underwhelmed, and will not be back any time soon. Too many rules, and cheap with the drinks, food just OK.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Midland, TX.
“Try the Salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for the first time and had the grilled salmon and a side of sliced tomato topped with cheese sauce, basil and crumbled blue cheese.
Seasoning for all was excellent.

Visited December 2013
pinedale wy
“Cork and Pig Tavern”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rather disappointing don't know why I was expecting a British or Irish type tavern(name I guess) food wasn't impressive and service very slow.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“The food is very good, the service is very slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The pizza is great and the burgers are very good too. the service is generally good at the bar, but if you sit at a table that all changes. On both of my visits, I wished I had never moved from the bar to a table.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fun Casual Dining Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A late lunch with three ladies here. Very comfortable fun atmosphere with good food and good service. Salads and pizzas are delicious. New facility with a nice bar area and outdoor dining. It is adjacent to a stoned terrace area with outdoor fireplace. Nice place to meet friends for drinks!

• Visited August 2013