“New hotels are nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Odessa
omaha
“New hotels are nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

New hotels are really nice, smell new and clean. This Residence Inn is a new hotel recently built in Odessa TX, and I enjoyed staying there. Only two complaints that I can come up with, first is not their fault, that being because it is so new my GPS did not recognize the address. I had to resort to google maps on my iPhone once I got to that zip code. The other complaint I would have, not a major one, is there was not a tiny bar of soap or shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom as one would expect in a hotel. Like all the other hotels I have ever strayed at always have. Surly I could have called the front desk and got some but didn't. As I was traveling and had my own supplies I didn't want too make a big deal over a few tiny things. Other than that the room was great, bathroom really big, and awesome shower. Stay here for sure! But don't go to Logan's roadhouse, that is if you are actually hungry and want to eat food for that. See my other review for why's that.

Room Tip: Any room here is sure to be a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 92jeffh
CorinaG591, Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Residence Inn Odessa. You’re a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

At your Service,

Corina Galindo

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Midland and Odessa are extremely expensive for hotels. Whether it's a one star or a three star, you can expect to pay $100 plus. We found the Residence Inn property in Odessa and booked it for $119. A great deal.

The property appears to be brand new. It is about 3 miles off Interstate 20 but worth the little extra effort to get there. Check-in was simple and we were asked whether we wanted a room on floors one, two or four. We chose two for no particular reason.

The rooms were spacious with a large king size bed, pull-out queen sofa, nice kitchen, huge shower and all around clean and nice. The hotel is also pet-friendly although we did not see or hear any pets during our stay.

Breakfast was great. Warm breakfast with eggs, sausage and potatoes and waffles. Cold cereal, toast, bagels etc. was also available. Breakfast was included in the price and was served from 6 - 10.

There were two nice restaurants across the street which was very convenient for the overnight guest like us. The grocery store is about 5 minutes away for those looking for a more extensive food list.

Overall a great property and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jim K
CorinaG591, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about our Residence Inn Odessa, your words are greatly appreciated. We strive to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations. I'm very happy to hear all the positive comments you had to say and will share with our team.

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home.

At your Service,

Corina Galindo
7261 Tres Hermanas
Odessa, TX 79764
432.563.2190
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Having the option of meals in when necessary is a nice feature. This location was ideal for where we needed to go. If you have to do business in Odessa or Midland this one is a good choice. We enoyed a complimentary breakfast but since it was the weekend, dinner was not an option there. There are nice eating places within walking distance. Hotels in Odessa have recently been the highest we have paid on the road but this was reasonable. Perhaps the number of rooms in the city are beginning to catch up with the demand.

Room Tip: WE slept well and were on the south side of the hotel. The north side faces Hwy 191 but may be far...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Smaytravel
DeannaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I couldn't agree with you more - we are in a very convenient location to both Odessa and Midland.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and opinion. Thank you for providing us with this information, as we are always looking for ways to improve for your next stay. If you have any additoinal comments, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 432-563-2190.

My Best,
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Upon check in, I asked for the Marriott Elite upgrade and was told by the front desk that they could not change my room type (I was staying on points). Checking their web page after check in, of course upgrade rooms were available.

Why does Marriott promise if you stay in their hotels and achieve elite status that you will get better rooms?
With my experience eighty percent of the time being an elite member has been no different or worst than someone who walks in off the street.
Marriott seems to like to promise but not really live up to those promises!
When I run out of points I will stop using Marriott and encourage others to do the same until they actually value frequent stayers.

Room Tip: Don't stay as an elite member you'll probably be treated better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank flfrequenttraveler
Dear Valued Guest,

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We take pride in our guests, especially our Marriott Rewards Members. However, it appears that you did not encounter the same experience in which is expected. Your stay was not up to your standards, nor was it up to mine. I can assure you that we are taking steps to help prevent issues like this from happening in the future.

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience and unsatisfactory service in which you recieved. Please accept my apology, as we do greatly appreciate your business as well as you elite status and loyalty to Marriott.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 432-563-2190. Thank you for your review and opinion on how we can make your next stay a positive one.

My Best,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

First they had told me $69 per night. I get here and it is $89 per night. Then they don't even have a complimentary breakfast of any kind. Even the cheapest hotels have breakfast. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mike R
DeannaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I deeply apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay during your recent trip. However, I have to question if this review was placed on the correct property, as the $69/$89 rate isn't a standard rate in which we sell at. In addition, we do provide breakfast every day and social (dinner) Monday - Thursday. This makes me believe that there might be a mix up in the reviews.

However, if by chance you didn't have an enjoyable stay at my property - please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 432-563-2190. As we strive for 100% customer service satisfaction and would like to take the proper steps in correcting any mistakes on our behalf.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a new style, nicely appointed Residence Inn. Check in was easy and the staff was friendly and efficient.

As a Marriott frequent traveler, I prefer Residence Inns, with the extra space, kitchen, and seating area. The bed was very comfortable with king-size pillows - much appreciated and the only hotel on our trip that offered these on their king beds. The room was very clean and comfortable. The handicap accessible bathroom had a sink with a large counter top - again much appreciated and not typical of this type room. My only complaint was about the roll-in shower, which was nicely designed but had some damage, surprising in that the hotel is so new.

Breakfast offered a very good selection of hot and cold choices, better than most other hotels I've frequented. The staff kept it well stocked.

I would have rated the hotel a 5 if the shower hadn't been damaged. The rest of the stay was top notch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DeannaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete a review! We value the feedback of our guests and greatly apprecaite yours! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We take pride in being able to offer quality service to our guests. As you know, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Deanna - General Manager
Quincy, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a great place to relax while on a business trip to West Texas. The room was large, comfortable, and very clean. The location, while seemingly in a newly developed area was great. Minutes from the airport and close to the city limits of Odessa. The best part was the other new development nearby. There were quite a few excellent places to eat within walking distance. The morning breakfast and afternoon food for guests was a nice addition too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DeannaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our property and the amenities we have to offer. I couldn't agree with you more, the restaurants that are within walking distance are great! We enjoy being able to refer our guests to them.

Again, thank you for your comments and feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future!