“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
Los Angeles
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This new hotel is immaculate- with a modern design and great decor. The rooms have a kitchen area with full size fridge and microwave. In the two-bedroom- there was a sitting area with a t.v. and another t.v. in the bedroom area- it felt more like a comfortable studio apartment than a hotel. The bathroom was incredible for a mid range hotel- large walk-in frame-less shower that was pristine. The breakfast had a good variety and was decent. I really enjoyed my stay. The only down-side was it was about 10-15 minutes from the I 20 - off an ancillary freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 12 days the hotel is nice the front desk people are nice but housekeeping is another thing, out of 12 days my linen was changed 3 times twice because I was in the room. I told the front desk nothing got done about it. For the price I paid service should have been better never will I stay there again told my company to Remove it from the list of hotels to use out there. I had to get room keys redid every other day went to eat breakfast and there is a dog in the breakfast area told the guy at the desk name Taylor he said they had to let people with dogs eat too just nasty.

• Stayed June 2013
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The good: the rooms are very spacious. Each has a kitchen area and the bathrooms are large. This hotel is the newest and hypothetically nicest hotel in Odessa. We paid $239 per night through Expedia. Hotel rooms are surprisingly expensive in these parts because they gouge oil development companies housing oilfield workers.

The bad: They train their housekeeping poorly. For that price, I expect a clean room. In our first room, the top spoon in the drawer had refried beans caked on it from top to bottom. Lots of long hairs on the backup blanket. Dirty kitchen floor, ton of crumbs in the pullout bed and no shampoo.

I went to let the manager know (she identified herself as the hotel manager and a Austin transplant), and she put us in another room. I told her that I expected the same housekeeping problems in the next one, but what the heck. So we moved next door and it was as bad as the first one. Just not what I expect from this hotel at this price. Although the manager said something about having a recent housekeeper firing, this appears to be a training issue.

The manager apologized for the trouble and, "for all of your trouble", offered me a "pantry" item. That would be a candy bar. I declined because it was kind of insulting. A candy bar, seriously?

I guess no matter how much you pay for a room at a Marriott, we were still in Odessa after all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RIOGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Odessa, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
First, and foremost, my apologies for the failures in both the service and housekeeping standards that you received during your stay. It is certainly not the experience that we want any guest to experience while staying at our property. We have made the necessary adjustments to both staff and training at the hotel to better provide the appropriate Marriott experience. Again, our apologies, and we certainly wish you safe and pleasant travels. Should you return to the Odessa area, we would certainly love the opportunity to have you at our beautiful hotel.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Another brand new hotel in Odessa - they are popping up all over the place! This hotel is everything you would expect from a Residence Inn. They had only been open a week or two when I stayed, but there were no problems. The breakfast was great - I didn't make it either night for the dinner.

Being brand new, everything was immaculate and in great working order. TV received a great variety of cable channels.

The hotel is located in the far northeast part of town, so a little farther from main shopping and dining areas - but still less than 10 minutes away. It is part of a new development that includes a few restaurants immediately across the parking lot, along with some interesting stores. This development is still under construction, with additional hotels, dining, and shopping coming.

Easiest way to get to hotel - exit Billy Hext Road from Hwy 191 Freeway.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room, facing northwest to get great views of beautiful West Texas sunsets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I did not know a thing about Odessa, Texas except that we needed to stay the night on my way to Tucson, Arizona. We received great value for money at the Residence Inn in Odessa, Texas. Catering to workers in the oil industry in the Permian Basin, the Residence Inn is conveniently located off I-20 West. The extended stay hotel pleasantly accommodated my mom, my friendly dog, overstuffed luggage, and myself. They had a wonderful dinner from 6:00 to 7:30pm and a beautiful breakfast in the morning. We took advantage of both dinner and breakfast, and the on-site gym. I was able to walk my dog around the hotel. Workers in the oil industry who stayed the night were friendly as most of them are transient who come in for work both from Texas and other states. Restaurants are conveniently located across the street and litter the different shopping malls in the area. Taylor, the evening front desk person, and Erica, the morning front desk person, were very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This new Residence Inn proved to be a great option for my trip to Odessa. While all hotels there are expensive, this one seemed to offer the best value for the rate. The breakfast and social hour offerings were better than I have experienced at other Residence Inns and similar hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have stayed here a few times. It is very nice and clean, wonderftul breakfast, great pool area. The BBQ night on Wednesday nights are great. Front desk is very helpful.
Restaurant across the street is fantastic. I highly recommend this place but hesitate to when it is so hard to find a nice place to stay locally.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Odessa? Share your experiences!