“Allow me to 'pile on' to previous comments.....” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
Houston, Texas
“Allow me to 'pile on' to previous comments.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Still remodeling but the floors NOT being remodeled are sloppy. Dirty carpet, door locks missing, dirty elevator. I see 4 new hotels going up within a mile of here....they are doomed. My last stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Petaluma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

At $125/night plus tax, it was the cheapest place we could find for one night in Odessa. The place is being remodeled and is a mess - why they can't bother to even try vacuuming the dirty hallways is beyond me. They have signs apologizing for the mess, but they continue to charge full price. The rooms are OK, we had one on the second floor, though the walls are thin and you can hear conversations in the next room. Breakfast is better than average. This barely avoided a poor ranking, wait until the remodel is complete before staying here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week here on business. Room was dirty and the internet didn't work. Front desk staff couldn't have cared less. Lady who worked breakfast was nice, but the breakfast was abhorrent. It is a shame that places like this can prey on business travelers who have no choice when they travel to the oil boom.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My biggest complaint at Comfort hotels is the pillows. They are almost always small, and not very comfortable. This Comfort Suites has great pillows! The rooms are a little bit tired, but they have a sign in the lobby that says a renovation is on the way. The room was clean, and the staff was nice. I did however, find some sandwich meat left over in the fridge from the last guest. It wasn't nasty or anything, but it should have been caught by the housekeepers. The price was a little high, but Odessa is in the middle of an oil boom. Everybody's price is high!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff extremely rude. At 5pm on the 21st of August my keys did not work so I went to front desk. Girl at front desk made new keys that did not work again. I returned to front desk and without telling me she would escort me to the door she walked back around office and stood in the hallway scowling until I asked her if she was going to open the door. I told her she could have said to follow her and she snapped at me that I was being rude....what!

Also I have been working in field sales since 1996 and never had I not received a wake up call until this morning. I requested a wake up call for 8am this morning at 10pm on August 20th and no call.

I get that unemployment is low here but when I'm spending over $200 a night, the service should be impeccable

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

June 23rd in west Texas and the sign on the gate to the pool says "Closed for the season"! Really? Rates here are extremely high because of the oil and gas exploration going on but I guess they can't afford to get the pool fixed! Then, I wanted to get into my room to catch the end of a race on tv that my friend was in and the tv didn't work. So, I went back down to the front desk but nobody was around for ten minutes and when I called the hotel, nobody answered. When the clerk returned, I was told that "you just gotta unplug the tv and then plug it in again" I just think they oughtta fix the problem instead of thinking that this is a common problem. Heck, I never even had to do that when I had to stay in Motel 6!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!