“Fun City has Super Mini Golf and Go-Karts!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 Attractions in Odessa
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun City is a combination miniature golf, go-cart, and video arcade complex.
Texas
32 attraction reviews
“Fun City has Super Mini Golf and Go-Karts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I took my two boys (10 and 7) here for a few hours of fun while visiting relatvies in Odessa. A family that lives next to Fun City owns it and has been working hard to get it in the best shape. First we played miniature golf on the 18-hole course. It is much better than the average putting course - it has numerous holes with multiple levels, obstacles, and water features. There was only one hole that had some torn carpet on the green. There are some shady spots to wait your turn in to get some relief from the West Texas heat.

The go-karts are very fun, primarily because they go really fast! I have been to some places where you can keep the accelerator floored the whole time. But here, the karts go so fast and some turns are so tight that you have to actually take your foot off the gas to keep from spinning out. It is an enhanced figure-8, with an overpass and some hairpin turns. The minimum age to drive yourself is 9, but younger ones (like my 7-year-old) can ride with an adult. The two rides we had were pretty long, too.

There is also a video arcade with quite a number of various games, though we didn't play any of them. They also have some food and drinks that are pretty reasonably priced.

Fun City is very affordable entertainment. Depending on how many tickets you buy, it is $3.50 to $5.00 per round of golf or go-kart ride.

When you first arrive, it may not be the prettiest, most newly painted place, but you will have lots of fun. I wish this place had been around when I grew up in Odessa!

Been to Fun City? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fun City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.