“Not my favorite place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
Haslet, Texas
“Not my favorite place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Pros: This Comfort Inn is new and clean on the inside. They offer a hot breakfast at the hotel and the internet service was great.

Cons: They had issues with my dry cleaning and I had to wait around for 2 hours on the day after it was supposed to be ready before I could leave town. Also, seemed like the hotel keys wouldn't say programmed very long. Each time I was at the front desk, someone came up and had to have their key reprogrammed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have had two 1-night stays in the past week at this hotel. Both times everything was fine - a typical, but very new, Comfort Inn & Suites. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable, and everything was in good working order. The wireless internet worked well and there is a good variety on the television. The staff is friendly - check-in and check-out were smooth.

I didn't use the pool, but it is very small and there is no hot tub. The breakfast was at least a little better than average - scrampbled eggs (fresh, I'm pretty sure - not a mix), bacon (so-so), sausage links, biscuits and gravy, and other typical pastries, fruit, and cereal.

This is not my favorite hotel in Odessa, but it works and I will stay here again. Access from I-20 is easy at the JBS Parkway interchange and you can get to a variety of restaurants and shopping by going a few miles north on JBS Parkway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My husband and our four children stay at this hotel every time we travel to Odessa. The staff is very friendly. We have two teens and two younger children and we all sleep very comfortably in the two queen bed suite. My kids love the choices at breakfast and the staff in the dining room are always around to help. The front desk staff are friendly and the always willing to go above and beyond. Once my husband was sick and stayed behind in the room while we went into town to see family. The staff called to check in on my husband many times throughout the day, and even asked him if they could deliver anything to the door. (They did bring him sprite!) The pool is outdoors and we have used it also, very clean and opened with a key card so safe for families with young children.
I noticed someone comment about insects....we have NEVER seen an ant, roach, or bug in any room. Also, the hotel is on the interstate and there isn't much around it. However, it is only two miles to the north (3 or 4 minute drive) to the mall, college, and major eating places. I enjoy staying here largely due to the quiet environment and lack of traffic noise.
I would advise anyone, businessman or family to use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010 via mobile

This was an awful experience! I noticed ants in the room and I was willing to avoid it but then I noticed a big black bug on the wall. My husband tried to kill it but he couldn't find it. I go to take a shower and there is a roach inside the shower! That did it! We get another room only to be greeted by roaches!! It would have been nice if we were warned before checking in! Oh and the first floor had flooded too! Of course we checked out of that hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I really enjoy this hotel. We have stayed here many times. It isn't out of the way. It has the mall and many food places just down the street. The rooms are really spacious and I love the sleeper sofas. The sinks make it hand if your traveling with a family or young ones. The rooms are really quite and the beds are comfy. The breakfast is good but could use some fresh fruit and a bigger selection of muffins. Other than that it is good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

I know that's exactly what I did. After not liking my original hotel in Fort Stockton (it was like a scene from Deliverance), I got out of Dodge and hit the highway north all the way to Odessa, as I was going to be in town for the next few days for Rock The Desert. I had a reservation already set for the following two nights at the Fairfield Inn, but the Fairfield was booked solid and could nothing to accommodate me. They then said I would have much difficulty finding any vacancies, in fact they heard the Comfort Inn may have the only vacancies. Scrambling for a place to say for the night and a wee bit panicked, I came to the Comfort Inn in a rather harried appearance, and the girl at the front desk was every so sweet and said she would do whatever she could to make sure I had a room for the night, if it would be the Comfort Inn or not.
Originally, all she said had was a smoking room which is certainly not my preference but would take it anyway. Checked in to my room, after an hour of watching TV, I got a phone call from the front desk again. They said another guest had some emergency, had to leave, which opened up the room. It was indeed a non-smoking room and asked if I would be interested in switching. I was shocked she even remembered and cared enough to call me and inquire. I've stayed at a lot of hotels over the years and this was certainly up there by one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.
As far as the room, it was better than expected. It was a bigger room than I had originally, and yet still paid the original price. Bed was very comfortable, slept very well. I started the day in El Paso, so it was a LONG day of driving through West Texas and after being pulled over by troopers outside of McCamey, making a wrong turn in the backroads of scrub brush and ending up halfway to San Angelo and also accidentally hitting a javelina. I didn't get in til Odessa til 11:00. Comfort Inn did everything right.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Odessa is remote to say the least. The hotel is new, clean and basic. Rate seems high for such a remote location but the demand must be there. No restaurants nearby but no more than a 10-15 minute drive to "downtown" Odessa.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa? Share your experiences!