“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Odessa
Oklahoma City
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Someone mentioned in a previous review "breakfast cooked to order for $10". Whoever wrote that has the wrong hotel I think. There is another holiday inn in Odessa. This holiday inn had free breakfast.

Pros- on a sweltering hot Texas day I was happy to walk into a freezing cold room! The room is large with a comfy bed. Breakfast was decent but they were out of bananas.

Cons - the TV channels are messed up. The card doesn't match the TV. They didn't have cold water available for purchase. That's a bummer on a hot day. The room wasn't quiet at all. My upstairs neighbors decided to stomp around at 1am, waking me up. So my 5:45am wake up was rough.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Millerton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Fix the HBO. Fix the equipment in the gym. The Internet is horrible. Have the maids clean more than just what is seen. I dropped my cell charger behind the night stand. Gross. Behind the bed and beside and behind he might stand there's all sorts or trash treasures. Hotel is newer and nice but it needs some important things resolved.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Montrose, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2015

This hotel is above average for all that they offer. I also want to express my thanks for how they handled the issue involving my left medication. They took the time to refrigerate it and then ship it to me overnight to another Holiday Inn Express in Cotulla, Texas. The peace of mind they provided is priceless.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing East
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

I came with my family to visit my husband who works in this area. We traveled 13 hours to see him. When I first got there I tried to connect to the internet. I was having problems so I called the front desk. She said hers was working so it must be my computer. I tried to explain that my computer was fine that it was saying it was a router issue. She argued with me so I went downstairs to show her. Downstairs I was able to show her what it was doing she was like oh just hit skip set up and it will work. OK. When I made reservations I was told that breakfast was not free that I had to pay $10 more to be able to have breakfast. I agreed that it was fine $10 was not bad for breakfast for me and the family. When we arrived check in was ok. I could not check in the second room until my husband arrived because we needed his bank card. When he checked in the room the lady informed him that the price would go up for the second day to over double of what we paid for the first night. We paid $139 first night. It was going up to almost $300 the second night. We were not made aware of the price change when reservations were made. The lady at the desk told him that was just what it was and there was nothing she could do. Not very friendly at all. Then after I contacted IHG and made reservations with my points ( we are platinum members)was that issue resolved. My husband preceded to bring our youngest daughter to swim while I went to get some dinner. Before I even had a chance to leave he was back at our room. The pool was frigid and the hot tub was extremely nasty. Things floating in the water and almost green as grass. Now when we arrived the interior in the lobby was nice. We thought we were going to have a good stay. I questioned the lady in the lobby about the pool. If it would be fixed. She stated that it went down the day before. :-0. Not even close there is no way the green like that was done in one day nor the amount of dirt and trash. It was late so I didn't say anything more. The next morning we go down to eat. I find out that its not $10 for breakfast but $20 discount off whatever you order. They have a chef on staff that cooks your food. I asked the lady at the lobby why there was no voucher for the other room. She tells me that because of the points used that room does not get vouchers. I was not made aware of that when making reservations nor checking in. I was getting frustrated. I did end up getting the vouchers after explaining the other issues we had had the evening before. We went to eat then. I was told that the three older children ( 7,8,9 years old) are charged for their food too. Only the two babies were free. So I paid for what was not covered. I told her we would be back the next morning for the same order because we like our food. (They ran out of what we had ordered when we went back the next morning.) We went back to the rooms. They were working on the pools. They cleaned them . They never got the hot tub working while we were there. The A/C would work when it wanted to. The door on the other room had to be slammed to shut it and shoved hard to open it. The maintenance man walked in to the other hotel room without knocking while my daughter was on the toilet so he could fix a lock that was broken. Then said he would come back later. The phone in our room was broke. They had a cordless in there so they could call the room but the one time they called I could not understand them. I found a binder in the room so I looked through it. I found a page in it that showed the breakfast. It also stated that all kids 12 and under where free with qualifying adults. The second morning I brought this up to the restaurant. They seemed clueless as to their own policy. I ended up going up to the room to get the page. They were not even familiar with what the children could get. It was a very frustrating experience. We left and went to another hotel because we were so disappointed. I love staying at a Holiday Inn but I don't know If I will ever stay at this one again and will look at others first before booking. There were other issues but the ones I have stated were our biggest.

Room Tip: Be prepared for rates to go up in price a lot during the week because this is a work area priced to...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Odessa, responded to this review, May 7, 2015
Dear sherrisheppard,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us especially with customer eservice. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

This Holiday Inn Express is nicely appointed. The lobby seems very newly furnished. The pool area is nice and there's a grill at the disposal of the guests which we used. The hot tub has tile that is broken and I picked up several pieces of it from the bottom on two separate occasions. I was placed in a handicapped room for some reason which was fine. The walk in shower was nice. One of the bedside lamps had a broken light bulb and so I switched with the corner standing lamp. There's a fridge and microwave. All would seem fine except... the internet continuously goes in and out. On my mac, the exclamation point on the internet signal sign appears at least every 7 to 10 minutes. Infuriating. I spoke to the front desk continuously about this. They rebooted once and the following day said someone was working on it. It never got better and many people in my group (totaling around 35) had the same problem. The HBO channel on their TV guide was listed as #14 which showed a negative image of the channels programs. The front desk lady told me it should be #19. The image on #19 was clear but it flickered at times, about every 3 to 4 minutes and made watching anything very frustrating. In the end, if these MAJOR problems were fixed it would be and enjoyable place but til they get their internet and cable in order I can't recommend it as it outweighs the positive aspects of the place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Odessa, responded to this review, April 14, 2015
Dear Texpat75,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you liked the atmosphere of our lobby and enjoyed our facilities and also the service which has been delivered to you. However, please accept my apologies for the troubles you encountered over the internet connection and that you had items in you room which were not functioning properly.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Pascal N
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

I stay in a lot of HIEs around the country. I thought this HIE was very nice. Has a nice feel to it. Nice rooms and nice amenities. I was glad to see the workout room has more than just treadmills. Fairly quiet between rooms. Would recommend it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Millerton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

Had a 6 night stay for business in the area. Nice newer hotel. Very clean. No problems with the room or any of the amentities.

Not getting a 5/5 because it seems like the employees just lack in any sort of hospitality. But I'm sure its difficult to find employees. Just not very positive or nice.

I would stay again.