“Best Hotel in Odessa” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Odessa
“Best Hotel in Odessa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I loved this hotel!! Best hotel in Odessa - decent gym, very clean, confortable beds. Would stay here again for sure. Very friendly staff! Book early - this hotel fills up quickly!! I didn't eat the breakfast but heard it was good. You wont regret staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Hotel rooms in the Midland/Odessa area are crazy expensive! So I took a chance and won a bid on the "Name Your Price" option on Priceline. However, the fine print basically says you win a room, but any particular room request has to be handled by hotel on day of check in. So I called this HIE around noon on our day of check in to request 2 queen room since my wife and I were traveling with our son. I spoke with 2 different people, one of whom was a manager/supervisor and since we were assigned a king room (no sofa bed), it would be an additional charge for a 2 queen bed room. The manager told me she would see if they had any unclaimed 2 queen rooms at check in otherwise the 3 of us would have to share the king bed. Huh?!?!! I hung up.

Later the same evening, we go lost trying to find the hotel. (On a VERY important side note, DO NOT trust your GPS to find hotel. Look for the Honda Dealership if Odessa, since hotel is right next door. Getting lost getting to this hotel is apparently VERY common.). Anyway, we call and speak to Terri who gave us accurate and precise directions to hotel. When we arrived (11pm), she met us with a smile, bottles of water, and quickly changed our rooms to 2 queen beds.

I would give this hotel all 5s except for lack of help/concern by mid-day employees with our room request. Also, the price of hotels in this area are just unreal right now. The HIE Internet price was no higher than competition, but it's just unreasonable.

We were in town for a family funeral. By time we got to hotel at 11pm, we were exhausted. And we had a 6am flight the next morning! Our attitudes were bad too, but if just a few minutes with Terri, and her helpfulness and smile, and our rotten day finished on a high note. If we ever need a hotel in this area, the Holiday Inn Express will be the FIRST place we look!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stay in hotels a lot for work. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast, nice location. Booked rooms for a group. Good government rate. However, don't bother asking for an upgrade. Platinum member since 1998. In the past....it was a plus to get an upgrade when checking in. Lately, none of the properties are willing to give an upgrade...this location was no different. Was told I would not get an upgrade at the rate I was paying. May be time to check out Hilton or Marriott.....they still give upgrades.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived at the Holiday inn in Odessa at about 4pm on Saturday 13th April to be greeted by a very cheery reception guy who did all he could to ensure we were looked after. We were given a very nice room on the third floor in a very clean and well maintained facility. We were directed to a restaurant nearby for the evening meal and breakfast was as with most Holiday inns very good buffet. The only things that let it down from a perfect score were the fact that the internet was not working correctly either at night or first thing in the morning, the night problem was corrected but the early morning one was not. The outdoor pool and spa were dirty possibly related to the less than hot weather. Also when booking the hotel it showed a $20 per person surcharge which was removed when we arrived. However the charge for one night on a weekend was over $200 with tax which rates as one of the highest charges I have ever encountered at a Holiday Inn Express which as a platinum club member and ICH shareholder was somewhat surprising.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor no noise and a very good nights sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First off, the hotel is new, clean, and very well decorated in modern, dark decor. The clerk that checked us in and greeted us in the afternoons was fantastic. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked both days. The location was simple to find. However, our group encountered a large problem at checkout. The clerk refused to give us receipts for our rooms (I was with 3 colleagues). Puzzled, I had never encountered this. I enquired why and got a strange answer to the effect of "I can't give receipts to those that book through travel agencies." This was entirely new to me. It was early and I was not in the mood to argue with a clerk. I quickly replied that I'd just view my receipt online via my Priority Club profile. I added in a quip about staying in many hotels booked by the company travel agent and NEVER having this problem. My colleagues weren't so reserved and later called the manager of the property to complain. The manager apologized and emailed us our receipts saying this was not hotel policy to not give receipts.

I received a nearly $300/night receipt, which was shocking, and then I learned the hotel's rates are dictated by the oil industry in the region. So, if you have to stay in Odessa and you're not connected to the oil industry - good luck. It's rare to get rooms available in a block and you'll pay a premium for them. Otherwise, it's a nice property...and I'm guessing you'll now have no issues getting your receipt!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for a week - very friendly staff - rooms clean and comfortable. The place is very pricey due to the supply n demand in the Odessa area - 300 bucks a night.....other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would return. The hotel Manager was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I came down with a flu bug mid-week, while working, and stayed in my room for about 28 straight hours. Staff are very personable and friendly. I would recommend to anyone who can plan their trip several weeks in advance, because that's what it takes to get a room here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Odessa? Share your experiences!