“Had a problem, management solved it.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Odessa
Philadelphia
“Had a problem, management solved it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First off, the hotel is new, clean, and very well decorated in modern, dark decor. The clerk that checked us in and greeted us in the afternoons was fantastic. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked both days. The location was simple to find. However, our group encountered a large problem at checkout. The clerk refused to give us receipts for our rooms (I was with 3 colleagues). Puzzled, I had never encountered this. I enquired why and got a strange answer to the effect of "I can't give receipts to those that book through travel agencies." This was entirely new to me. It was early and I was not in the mood to argue with a clerk. I quickly replied that I'd just view my receipt online via my Priority Club profile. I added in a quip about staying in many hotels booked by the company travel agent and NEVER having this problem. My colleagues weren't so reserved and later called the manager of the property to complain. The manager apologized and emailed us our receipts saying this was not hotel policy to not give receipts.

I received a nearly $300/night receipt, which was shocking, and then I learned the hotel's rates are dictated by the oil industry in the region. So, if you have to stay in Odessa and you're not connected to the oil industry - good luck. It's rare to get rooms available in a block and you'll pay a premium for them. Otherwise, it's a nice property...and I'm guessing you'll now have no issues getting your receipt!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for a week - very friendly staff - rooms clean and comfortable. The place is very pricey due to the supply n demand in the Odessa area - 300 bucks a night.....other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would return. The hotel Manager was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I came down with a flu bug mid-week, while working, and stayed in my room for about 28 straight hours. Staff are very personable and friendly. I would recommend to anyone who can plan their trip several weeks in advance, because that's what it takes to get a room here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Angelo, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel has great friendly staff all around. I was especially pleased with the staff working the breakfast area in the mornings. Rooms were very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I will definitely stay here again in the future if available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Check-in was easy thanks to John the hotel manager. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good and filling. Will stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

great location great staff - the staff actually double checked to make sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

The first room had brown stains under the seat. The second room had stains on the seat you may guess what they are.
I highly recommend checking your toilets before taking the room.
We did not shower there tonight. Gross.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Odessa? Share your experiences!