“Spring Break” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Waurika
“Spring Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The staff is always welcoming and helpful, very friendly and accommodating. We visit this lacation every time we come to the metroplex. Excellent!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Although we live in the UK we have family in Fort Worth and this hotel out of the several we have tried around here is by far the best and best value. I cannot say where some people get their views on the hotel or the staff, but I can say this is the first hotel we check for rooms when we're coming to the area. We just stayed again last week, and after a trip east of Dallas we'll be back next week as well.

Staff are always friendly and polite and this hotel is spotlessly clean. The rooms are always a very generous size and the hot breakfast that's included is more than adequate. We are even recognised as returning guests by the owners and that adds to the personal service provided. We will continue to return to the Best Western NE Mall & Suites. Btw, the suites are excellent value at twice the size of a normal room, which itself is a generous size.

Room Tip: Always book via the bestwestern.com website for the best rates. I've tried other gateway sites b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to a wedding I was going to over the weekend and that it was a Best Western (I generally like their hotels). Overall this Best Western may have been the worst Best Western I have ever stayed at for two reasons:

1) Service - The front desk staff is unprofessional and defensive. After driving several hours and wanting to check in quickly the clerk was abnormally slow and showed no desire to make the process quick. He then proceeded to ask me inappropriate personal questions (were are you from? what are you doing here?) but not once did he tell me about what time breakfast was or what the wifi password is (had to call back to find that out).
Also don't expected to be call sir while you stay here. I was called "guy" by the evening clerk and the clerk who checked me out called me "man," i'm surprised no one called me dude. Also when I had a request for my room to be cleaned at certain time the front desk got defensive and gave me a long contrived answer (I used to work at a hotel and their explanation made no sense) which essentially was that new checkins were more important than existing guests. So don't stay more than one night or you will be considered 2nd class.

2) Room - don't be surprised if you check in and your room smells horribly musty (don't tell the front desk staff, they will look at you like your crazy and tell you they can't do anything). Also the room's door may have been made out of paper mache - it was so thin you could hear everything (conversations, freeway traffic). I only mention this because the amount of sound and its clarity was nothing I've experienced before (i've stayed at several hotels by a freeway).

Overall if you want a quite room and good service don't stay here. The best part of this hotel is the lobby (and probably the GM's office).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I reserved a king 2 room family suite with kitchenette for my husband and myself for 2 nights. I was ready to leave within 4 hours of checking in. 1st my husband was informed upon check in that he was upgraded to a suite. Excuse me??? I have a copy of the reservation...there was no upgrade...we paid for the room we were given. The room was very dark when we walked in at 5:30 pm...I was not comfortable walking into the 2nd room...kitchenette as the room was pitch dark. It took a flash light to find the switch. It would be nice if the Inn keepers would provide night lights for rooms they keep the black out curtains drawn. The bath/toilet room is smaller than those found in hotels of San Francisco & NYC....where real estate is at a premium. You literally have to step into tub to close the door or have your legs touch the toilet. The kitchenette was lacking...the frig & micro are both minis....(we had to request the microwave) large kitchen with a 2 burner stove and double sink....a dozen cabinets and drawers but....nothing else. Only 2 wall plugs in kitchen. No spoons, forks, pots & pans...oh, there was a coffee pot. No kitchen table...nice clean sofa & chair. King bed was nice but not exceptional. All night long one could here sirens of emergency vehicles from the highway. Must have been on the path to local area hospitals. The front desk was not knowledgeable in reference to local restaurants...referred us to a restaurant that looked like it had been closed for quite some time. The housekeeping staff left me a bit miffed. After my husband drove off at 9:30am a member of housekeeping knocked on the door and then immediately opened it. I was caught off guard and asked her to give me a minute to cover myself. She closed the door and scurried off...I was able to catch up to her and asked her for paper towels for the kitchenette...she had an empty wheeled laundry basket....she followed me into my room...all the while I was quite away she was evaluating every item in the room (in the field of my employment I am trained extensively in situational awareness...whether it was evaluation of the hotels' items or mine I do not have the abilities to determine her cause...it was one of those uncomfortable gut moments.). She said housekeeping would be back. She did nothing and I was miffed to the purpose of her entry into my room. When the housekeeper with the cleaning cart stopped by 2 hours later she was efficient yet failed to knock before she opened the door and entered the room. There are only 2 open stores within walking distance (on a pedestrian surface) a Golfsmith store and Gardenridge. My summation: if you need the extra space of 2 rooms (mind you there is no door to shut off one room from the other) I would say it is a fair value for your money. When we return to the area, we will stay at our previous reservation location; La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth NE Mall. The luxuries of this particular La Quinta out way the additional space of the pop corned ceiling Best Western NE Mall.

Room Tip: Although our room was not on the highway frontage road...the traffic was very constant and loud. I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had to fly home to Australia from Fort Worth , so after a great 5 weeks in U.S.A decided to spend the last 3 nights after dropping off the hire car in a stress free environment...and this was a great choice for accommodation. Accommodation, location, staff, proximity to restaurants and last minute shopping all 100%.

Room Tip: Staff placed us down the back without us asking...so very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had 3 nights at this hotel when we first arrived in the USA. Were not expecting much for the price so were very excited at the size of the rooms and also the cleanliness was exceptional. We were travelling with kids so having the seperate lounge area was invaluable at bed time. It is located next to a highway but it was honestly so quiet here we didn't hear a thing. I think they rooms may have been recently renovated as the kitchen did not look like it had ever been used. Only issue we had is that kitchen was not stocked with plates etc but one quick visit to reception and they helped up with what we needed. In regards to location, probably not recommeneded if you do not have a car as there is not much in walking distance but if you do have a vehicle then it is an excellent base to get to anything around the Fort Worth area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Was here to attend my friend's navy retirement ceremony and rented a car-she recommended this hotel.

I've stayed at many different lodgings, but I noticed that the owners make an effort to provide little conveniences.

The lobby is a moderate size with sofas and a fireplace, two computers, mints in a bowl, the USA Today paper, and the breakfast area to the left. The hallway to the right has a variety of ice cream bars for sale, a snacks vending machine, soda vending machine, along with the ice maker.

The gentleman working that night informed me about the nearest & best sports bars/restaurants because Game 7 of the World Series was that night & I didn't want to
miss it-though I had a tv in my room.

The room was standard, king-sized bed, but I did like the sofa (converts to a double bed) and coffee table included, and the graphite countertop by the bathroom. I weirdly loved that they have a Conair mini-hair dryer, instead of the generic one.

The fitness center is a converted room, the equipment is older, and at the time the elliptical didn't work, the treadmill did. They also have a bike which I didn't test. They had a couple of weight machines. The pool was closed for the fall-winter--it was in the 50's deg F and high of 68 deg F.

Overall- I was pleased with my stay for $82/night. A great value.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to BEST WESTERN N.E. Mall Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!