“Get What You Pay For” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Odessa, Texas
“Get What You Pay For”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here March 9th while visiting the area for shopping and family activities. Hotel was what you would expect for the price, nothing fancy. Had outside rooms which was disappointing compared to other Best Westerns i've stayed in.

What really got to me was the front desk manager and his attitude. Upon checkout my son left a new toy he bought in the room. When we realized what happened we were too far away to make the trip back to pick it up. I called and asked if it was found. The manager assured me it was found and described in detail the toy (Disney Cars Finn McMissle toy).
I asked if they could ship it to and I would be happy to pay for the shipping. He said he would box it and have UPS contact me for my information. Well weeks went by and after calling him for an update he said he would check with UPS and call me back. A couple weeks later I call again and now I leave messages and he will not return any calls.

Pretty sad if you ask me. If he wanted the toy that bad he could've just told me and skipped the lies about shipping it to me.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Braunfels, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This possibly could have been a great experience but your hotel manager needs to learn some customer service skills. And when you make a mistake arguing with a customer is the last thing you should do.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Called late on the afternoon of stay and staff was helpful to save a room for us as we arrived after 10 PM, King room was excellent, clean, comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was excellent with lots of choices: waffles, yogurt, fruit, and eggs, etc., and one of a few that served dark roasted coffee .Access was easy just one traffic light and motel on the access road just after traffic light. A number of restaurants in the vicinity. An excellent motel easy to get to, lots of good restaurants in area.

Room Tip: Called late on the afternoon of stay and staff was helpful to save a room for us as we arrived after...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Something must have gone wrong in my planning: we chose to stay in New Braunfels because it was described as a small Texas town with character and charm. The mistake was not paying more attention to the location of this hotel, which is 100 feet from an unobstructed view of I-35 and an 8 minute drive to the pleasant old New Braunfels. Thus this hotel may be better suited for travelers than tourists.

Front desk was very helpful, allowing us to check in at noon (the hotel was nearly empty), and accommodating my request to be moved from a motel-like room (outside corridor) to a hotel-like room (inside corridor). About half the hotel, the back end further from the highway, has outside corridors.

Security could be better: the doors to the hotel, from the parking lot, did not require a keycard to enter.

Cleanliness in common areas could be better: the outside sidewalks/walkways looked grungy and in need of power washing, the staircase at the front of the hotel was not vacuumed and had small pieces of debris. In our room I found a plastic tag on the carpet and the bathroom light switch had dirt on it (which I was able to easily remove with a wipe; why had housekeeping not vacuumed up the tag and wiped the dirty switchplate? These were both obvious glitches. I think a hotel's reputation rides on the cleanliness of its rooms).

The room is carpeted, the window open 4 inches (letting in highway noise as well as fresh air). The TV volume has a maximum setting, which is not quite enough when the window open and the traffic drowns out the dialogue.

No room safe. Bedside lamp has outlets for charging phone. HVAC unit is loud; useful for drowning out traffic and a detriment to listening to TV. The heat lamp in the bathroom always a welcomed feature.

Two of the the three staff we interacted with were welcoming and friendly. Next time I'll stick to Best Western Plus or Premier.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Upon arriving to this Best Western we were immediately flustered. The lady at the front desk was not able to accurately provide directions to our 11 hotel rooms. Moreover, the following morning we had to have our students awake and in the lobby by 6am; henceforth, the teachers woke early in hopes of eating quickly. Some of the breakfast was laid out; however, there were some essentials that hadn't been replenished. Upon asking the gentleman at the front if I could get butter he rudely replied that breakfast wasn't until 6:30am. He went on to reiterate it about 4 times when I appeared perplexed. Overall, he was VERY rude to our students as well. It wasn't a comfortable experience. Interestingly enough, his uniform said, "I care". Irony at its finest. Don't talk to the man with the ponytail...he DOESN'T care.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived on our way north from Fiesta in San Antonio. The manager was very personable and friendly. We were disappointed that the pool was closed for repair so I asked about using the pool at one of the neighboring hotels. The manager called and arranged usage of the pool next door. He was full of suggestions for dining and he provided us with shipping tape to send home a box of goods which we really appreciated. The breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and housekeeping was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start off by saying that the room itself was clean and well cared for. Checkin could have been smoother, but it wasn't too bad. So if I had never gone online, this would have been a glowing review.

However, I got in at midnight and got online to submit some documents to some clients. I simply could not do it. It took several minutes to load a news site and my mail client could never load. I travel frequently and have experienced times when the internet is down at a hotel and that is understandable. However, the internet here is slower than what I remember dialup to be. Since I had a deadline to meet, I finally went to my online mail client and tried to 'compose message.' the login page literally took several minutes to load, then another several minutes to login, then another several minutes to load compose message... you get the point. I finally was able to upload a 314K file which took longer than I could have imagined and got it sent. This literally took hours to do because of the faulty internet connection.

Completely dissappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for this feedback on our internet service. Recently we have revamped our internet services to include an extremely high bandwidth. So I am kind of shocked to hear of your issues. However, I will contact the vendor and see what the problem is. It may be something as simple as updating our software on our access points as everything was completely redone. Thank you for the compliments on the rest of our hotel, I am sorry to hear of your issues on our internet.

Shailesh G. Bhakta CHA, CHO
nbhospitality@yahoo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!