“Nice room for family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Cleburne, Texas
“Nice room for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here one night with my daughter & two young grandsons. Good friendly service. We arrived early & asked if we could possibly get an early check in. Desk person explained that rooms were just not ready & recommended some local activities & eateries we could go to while waiting. We requested ground floor room & it was clean, roomy enough for two boys. Our boys bare feet did get dirty from the carpet. TV & WiFi worked well. Pool was clean and boys enjoyed having it mostly to ourselves in the early evening. Building provided shade for lounge chairs. Location was easy to find and get to eateries, parks, etc. Would have liked to have a thicker blanket, but we just turned the AC warmer. Beds/pillows were comfortable. I like having coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer in room. We went to breakfast after 9 & there was plenty of food. Boys liked the Texas-shaped waffles, but not the scrambled eggs. Daughter liked variety of flavored coffee creamers. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking to time to write this review. I am happy to hear your family had a pleasant stay with us. I will personally address the issues you had during your stay. Thank you for bringing these things to my attention. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed our large pool and spa area, and that the breakfast menu was plentiful. We strive to bring comfort to our guests each and every day. I hope to see you again on your next visit to our beautiful area.

Shailesh G Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good location, this is our second stay here and we love it everytime, this is where we will continue to stay when we come back to schlitterbahn. Great stay, clean rooms, helpful staff, god tasty breakfast at a good temperature it just needs some items to complete a great breakfast. We love the texas shaped waffles!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and thank you for this great review. I hear exactly what you are saying and I am in the process of making some changes already. We are in the process of adding even more items to our hot breakfast and should have all new items in place soon. The next time you visit, I would love to hear more feedback from you.

Shailesh G. Bhakta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I would stay again the room was clean or as clean as a hotel can be staff was friendly the only complaint was breakfast there simply was not enough I got there at 8 am and there was only cereal left with no milk I guess it goes to the early bird gets the worm

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for this review. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I would like to give you an explanation on your concerns about our breakfast. Our breakfast is actually served until at least 9:30 every single day. If you arrive prior to that and some items are missing, it is because they are being refilled by our breakfast hostess. I assure you, everything on our breakfast menu is on hand and ready for our guests to enjoy. I hope to see you on your next trip to our area, and prove to you that this is our way of business, where our guests needs come first.

kingwood, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very disappointing! Paid 183.00 for a night in a motel that's the equivalent of a 56.00 per night Motel 6 but with nicer furniture. Typical freeway-location motel, drive up to the outside of your parking-lot facing room. The pool area is right on the freeway and visible to drivers, no shaded area to sit. It did not feel like a safe location for children or single women to stay, I would not let my nieces leave the room by themselves. There was a sign in the room listing the prices that they would charge your card if missing from the room, including 300. for a non-existent comforter. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk she snippily stated that that's how the rooms are made up, only with a thin blanket, which leads me to believe they are cheaping out on the bedding. (The Best Western Hill Country we stayed in the previous night had fluffy duvets.) They must have a big theft problem which doesn't say much for their usual class of guests, as I have never seen such a thing. The room was clean enough but the carpet turned my feet black, there was water damage on the bathroom ceiling and a big gap you could see daylight through in the front door jamb. In addition, there was a pesky fly in the room all night, front desk could not find a fly-swatter and did not seem to care, just laughed and said "I guess it decided to follow you in from the parking lot!" They should have sent someone to the store for a fly-swatter and delivered it to our room, which would have been superior service. Breakfast was o.k. but with only 2 hot items compared to 8 in the other B.W. Cleaning staff did not look professional, standing around in the sidewalk eating breakfast off their carts.

Room Tip: demand one of the interior rooms, they are safer
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at our location in New Braunfels, TX. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you feel we are nothing better than a motel 6. We feel a little differently. Everything at our hotel is designed with the guests comfort in mind. Our new bedding, hot breakfast and elegant furnishings are picked from strict brand standards that keep our guests needs in mind. The safety at our site is impeccable. We do not have issues with safety, never have. In fact our wonderful guests have nothing but rave reviews about our site and the renovations we have just gone through. I would suggest that you stay with a few more Best Western locations, so you will understand what our brand standards are. Amongst our brand, there are three tiers of hotels, Best Western, Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier. Each of these tiers offer different amenities to their guests. The location you stayed at prior to visiting us, is a Best Western Plus. This location offers added amenities to guests albeit at a higher price. Thank you for choosing our location in New Braunfels, if we can ever accommodate you in the future, we would be honored.

Denison, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Found this hotel to be in a great location for my trip to the area. Hotel was reasonably priced. Wanted an outdoor pool and this one was very nice & clean. Extremely comfortable bed/pillows. Will stay again next time I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for this review. I am happy to hear that your stay with us, was a pleasant one. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

New Braunfels, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stained bedding, air conditioner did not cool, toilet seat broke, and door did not seal closed. Very run down. Don't be mislead by the front of the building, it looks kept up. In reality look at the hotel from the side. The front part looks new but the back part is horrible!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for this review of our location in New Braunfels, TX. Actually our entire hotel has gone through a thorough renovation and every room was looked at in detail. New paint, furniture, TV's and any and all repairs needed. I am sorry to hear that these items were missed during our renovation process in the room you were in. The front of our hotel looks no different that the back of the hotel, as both the inside as well as the outside was fully renovated. Next time, while booking your reservations, please ask for me personally. I assure you, I will make sure everything in your room has been inspected and is in proper working order for you. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn & Suites of New Braunfels, TX.

New Braunfels TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at BW New Braunfels Tx lat year July 2012 and then again this year July 2013, noticeable difference in cleanliness and staff attitiude. So much better this time. Hotel is on frontage road of freeway but It was quieter this time. Room at back of property. You can even be picked up at the site by local tubing companies. Would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for giving us a chance again this year, and thank you for this review. My staff and I have put in a enormous amount of work into bringing this past year and it shows. From the newly appointed guestrooms, to our new elegant lobby. Our breakfast has now been upgraded from a simple continental one to a full hot breakfast. Every aspect of our hotel has been modified to allow for a more comfortable stay for our guests. Thank you for noticing, and thank you for taking the time to write this review of our newly renovated hotel. I hope to see you again for years to come.

Shailesh G Bhakta

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!