“Our Stay At This Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in New Braunfels
Pasadena, Texas
“Our Stay At This Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent 2 nights here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The new Manager, Mayur Bhagat, was extremely gracious and showed us all around the hotel and explained the new renovations. Just wish we could see it when finished. We have been staying at this hotel, when attending Wurstfest, for several years and have never been treated so kindly and friendly. We wish this young man much success with this hotel and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose the insid Deluxe rooms on the first floor. They are the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip and this place was great. The rooms are a little small but completely renovated and new. The internet, staff, and location is GREAT. I would stay here again if needed. I stayed in a king room and it had couch, coffee table and flat screen tv

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Best motel I've stayed in this trip. Wifi & Cat 5 Ethernet connection.

The owner/operator is at the front desk in the mornings. He is an excellent owner and makes every guest feel like his personal guest.

My room and bed were comfortable. Rooms are very clean and quiet.

This is not a Four Seasons. It is a motel, and as motels go it earns 5 stars. Great value for the price.

Support this owner operated business. I've been back 3 times since my first stay in February.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
vacationfamily3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our room was excellent for two queen beds. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and we felt safe. The room smelled slightly of maybe dampness but that didn't suprise me with the river and water parks so close by! We rented three rooms for our party of ten and all were pleased. The hot tub did not work, we all were disappointed with that fact. Super nice staff and excellent breakfast. This is a great bang for your buck!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fast, friendly check-in. Front desk staff was always friendly and spoke to each guest as they came into the motel. We had a king suite room. The room was spotless and was well equipped with a refrigerator, coffee pot, two flat screen tv's, etc. Very quite. Nice free breakfast with cereals, pastry, waffles, fruit. This motel is an excellent alternative to the $200 a night riverfront properties. This Best Western is approximately 5 miles from the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers and the water park. All of the water activities are easy to get to from the Best Western and the price of the stay is a third of the cost of the over priced river front lodgings and much more comfortable. The Best Western is two stories and there is no elevator. Ask for a bottom floor room if you have difficulty climbing stairs or have a lot of luggage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading mixed reviews, I didn't know what to expect but I left not angry so that is good.

Hotel Layout: The room I rented was a King Suite w a sofa bed and it was in the internal section of the hotel, first floor. I didn't know that was the case until I called and asked. I prefer to be interior versus outside entrance. I feel that anyone can just burst through your doors if your door is outside access to the public. Although my room was interior and I felt safer, strange that the side doors do NOT require key entry so anyone and I mean ANYONE can enter. Some reviewer said this and I thought it can't be but yes, it can and it is true. The layout of the breakfast area is very strange. The sitting area was right there in the lobby when you enter .. not tucked away in the corner, just right there to the right when you enter to check in. The side table to the right of check in which is where the walkway is .. is where breakfast will be placed. Strange. Granted, you won't have people walking in and out at breakfast time but still .. right in the hallway? The corner had TWO waffle machines which is good. Never understood places that have one. Basic breakfast which suits me just fine. I don't' expect a four star breakfast since this is not a four star hotel.

Rooms/Beds: My room was a bit bigger than standard considering it was a king suite w sofabed. We had two tvs (one in front of sofabed) and one in front of king bed. They were divided by the bathroom so it was kinda separate. The sofabed was flimsy but most are. Thin and blankets were thin (flannel .. not even a comforter). King bed was hard. Why are most beds hard in hotel rooms? Makes me love my mattress even more. Pillows were thick and bulky. How does anyone lay their heads on it. I have a hard enough time with flat pillows. I lay with my shoulders/head on the pillow. My neck hurts the usual way. Bathroom was not as new and the whole place seem dated. All items worked so no problems there for us.

Front desk: Read bad reviews on management and Britney but the girl on duty when I checked in was Bianca. She was suprisingly helpful and nice. So keep in mind not every person is bad there.

Room Tip: Ask for interior if you are afraid of outside access like me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Smithtown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a downstairs room, the door wouldn't open all of the way - the floor was uneven by the door. Our daughter was inspecting the room, and thought it smelled like poop - our niece used the restroom and the toilet was clogged. My husband thought the room smelled like urine, a family member staying in the room next to us said her room smelled the same way. Since there was no type of brush on the bottom of the door, crickets came to visit! My husband surmised that when they put the bar up in the bathroom and cracked the tub surround, water is leaking into the walls causing the smell and the damp, damp, damp room (so damp that our clothes were damp). We were prevented from parking close to our rooms as there were a few men hanging out in the parking lot - seriously, at 1:00 in the morning?! Felt totally uncomfortable. Not to mention that the outside lights by the doors were not on. This is the first hotel we've stayed at in recent years that didn't have a flat screen tv, no microwave, no mini-fridge. Don't use the iron!! The first hour we were there, we had to have the manager plunge the toilet and while he was there I addressed the iron that was leaking rusty water all over my new clothes...he said that housekeeping must have over-filled it. Really? Leaking from the sides? And rusty to boot?

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternNB, Owner at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. I assure you we are working diligently to take care of all of these issues. We took over this hotel a few months ago, and are in the process of totally upgrading this hotel. We have begun making these changes now and once complete the hotel will look and feel completely different. I would be honored if you would give us another try to prove to you that our priority is, and will always remain, our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel, I hope to see you on your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!