“Best fun for teens and pre teens.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Resort at Schlitterbahn

You added The Resort at Schlitterbahn to your Saves list
The Resort at Schlitterbahn
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   305 West Austin Street, New Braunfels, TX 78130 (Formerly Schlitterbahn Resort at New Braunfels)   |
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Best fun for teens and pre teens.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Everyone enjoyed this park. Really brings family together. Stay together or explore the park, it was fun. Bring your own pots and pans,cause there was only two very small sauce pans in kitchen. Make appt for Comal River or you"ll spend most of the day trying to find entrance and tirefloats. At the end of the day you feel a bit of a workout:-* but kids happy:-)

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cozumel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are from Houston but live in Cozumel, Mexico. We decided that, when taking our annual 3 week vacay to Houston to visit family, we would treat everyone to a weekend at Schlitterbahn. We rented a river house (445) and were very pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. It was spacious and clean and had everything we needed. The family thoroughly enjoyed the park, inspite of the downpour the last day. We had asked for a late check-out and were told no problem, it would cost $25. per hour for 2 hours...no problem. I told the desk agent to put it on my card.
Then, when we were checking out (the next day), I walked in as another renter was walking into the office. He was stating his key didn't work. The receptionist said, "Sure, no problem. Let me give you a new key....by the way, did you know the check-out time was noon?" He said yes, but that time had gotten away from them and she said, "No problem!". They left and I asked why we had to pay late check-out fees and they did not? This woman proceeded to pile excuse (lie) upon excuse. She said, "Oh, he made arrangements this morning" and I said "ummmm...no, because he told you time had gotten away from him" and then she said "well, he's coming back to pay" and I said "No, he asked if he could leave the keys in the room". Well, the point is, she was trying to b.s. me to cover her actions and I called her on it. Really, really wouldn't have been a big deal had she not lied to my face. Put a sour end to an otherwise pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed in the 430's area of the old section and let me tell ya, it was bad! I will list the cons of the rooms and the Pros of the location. These are two separate things. The first impression when we arrived was, hmm, looks cozy and cool. Well that was the driveway into the resort. At different sections, you have parking in front of the lodging so that was good. There looked to be enough for all the guest so I didn't have a problem finding a spot. The area where my condo room was ok, until you walk up the stairways to the room. The walls where the stairs led up was splattered with dirt and looked horrible. The odor within the stairs area stenched and I can't figure what it was which is scary. Once you go up to the rooms, you see a basic table and two chairs (old metal ones) and you get one barbecue pit (bolted to the floor) in front of your room and your neighbors .. so yes, you will have to share! So one pit for every two rooms. I was upstairs and I was glad because downstairs looked even more dirtier. Pit was in dirt area and it just looks old and not taken cared of.

Inside, the carpet that was in the living room looked almost grey from all the dirt and looked like it has not been vaccumned or cleaned in a very long time ! Dining table was against the window and took up a lot of room in the living room. The next room is where the two queen beds are. Decent size room but again, the place looks so old and outdated that it was sad. The two frames on the wall was a cheap plastic frame with pictures of fall leaves. It looked like 8.99 frame/picture from wallmart. The table where the tv is inside the room was so old that the wood had white visible scratches all over it. Just overall OLD OLD OLD is all I can say. Pretty bad and I am not a picky hotel stayer. The bathroom was just as bad. Shower head did not have spraying head but just a small opening .. like the ones on your sink! When the water sprays, it sprays all over the place and it was hard! My girls were saying it hurts. Then a toilet plunger was set right next to the toilet .. with no holder or cover or bottom base. Just flat on the floor. Gross. Then next to the dress table, there was a broom and a dirt pan holder. It was not even in the closet. Oh and the closet .. had iron board and iron on the door. Inside the floor, I noticed a piece of cement was visible and it looked like they built the closet OVER the cement bump which was there when the room was build. OMG, really? This place is really bad and I don't know what else to say. The only Pros to this place is the location and the waterpark discounted fee. It is great to be able to go back and take a nap and then get up and walk to the waterpark again. It also is the best to get in an hr earlier to get in the Blastenhoff to ride the Master Blaster and the other two rides. Keep in mind, only this Blastenhoff is open early. The other two opens at 10. It was SO worth it to go in early. We waited like 5 -10 min for the Master Blaster .. when I heard it was about 3 hour wait in the summer! No way would I waste my day standing there. The ride is a rush though! Very cool. The fee for the waterpark was almost half for adult and 14 dollars cheaper for kids. So this is why I would stay again at the resort .. BUT I will not stay in the 400 area. There were some rooms near the front office that looked cool and decent but they look to only hold 2 people or so. We are either 4 or more people so I doubt we would get any of those rooms. I will definitely stay at the Treehaus Suites or Cabins next time. No more dump for me.

Oh beds were hard and woke up with lower back aches. This actually happens a lot so I can't really say this only happened at this place but still .. the beds were hard. The TRAIN can be heard in my room but somehow no one heard it when we slept. We heard it before we went to bed so maybe we were just so tired we didn't hear it .. but yes, we did hear the horns. I'm sure not as loud as the others and our rooms didn't shake, but we heard it.

Overall, do not stay here unless you can't splurge for the treehaus. I'd rather just stay there and spend more but at least I won't be grossed out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went to the park after Labor day weekend to hopefully avoid the crowds, and it worked. The only lines we encountered were at the top three rides, and they were not too bad. Longest wait was 45 minutes. I would recommend, going early in the season or after Labor day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Ana, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Rented a house directly across the street from "Old" Schlitterbahn; was a private home at some point then converted into a Multi room resort room. Everything is a bit worn (reminded me of what a frat house might look like), but it was all clean.

- Functional kitchen, three bedrooms and a pullout sofa (5 beds total, including one queen, one king).
- Private parking, no garage.
- Housekeeping service available on request.
- TV's in every room.
- Central A/C.
- Closest you can get for a Multi room dwelling next to entrance to water park.
- Bring food or beverages as after the resort closes, there isn't anything open that is close to the room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

• Stayed August 2012
Grapevine Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just returned form the Schlitterbahn resort. We went with 2 other families, our first visit. We were told by friends not to expect much and don't get your hopes up about the old resort. So we expected the worst and they were right. You could definitely tell this place had been around many years. We stayed at the "Resort", a suite that slept 10 ppl (room 305 and 306)in the older section. The rooms were old, expensive and right by the train tracks. And let me tell you, there's not just one train per night, there were at least 5 per night, blaring horns every hour or 2 during the night. Our rooms even shook. The rooms were outdated and very old, felt like you were staying at a Mom and Pop hotel, not a "Resort". On the other hand, it was fun, and we enjoyed the parks. We went as a last trip of the Summer before school started and it was a good get away.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Resort at Schlitterbahn? Share your experiences!