“Ein Wasser Haus ist ser gut!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wasser Haus & Lodge

Wasser Haus & Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Wasser Haus & Lodge
You added Wasser Haus & Lodge to your Saves list
211 W. Lincoln, New Braunfels, TX 78130   |
Dallas, Texas
“Ein Wasser Haus ist ser gut!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I planned a surprise birthday party for my boyfriend who had never floated the river in New Braunfels before. 2 months prior to the trip, I searched for the perfect house for everyone to stay. I came across the Wasser Haus and Lodge and loved it from the very beginning. It had everything I needed as far as space and was located right on the Comal River. Beth, the owner, was very professional and answered every question I had. The day we arrived, I met Beth who was very pleasant and very quick to accommodate us. The weekend was perfect, the house was perfect and the owner made it all happen. We will definitely stay at one of the properties in the future!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Georgetown TX USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I called Wasser Lodge prior to making an online reservation to ask a couple of questions. The manager made no mention that the lodge was currently under construction. Had I been made aware of it, we wouldn't have stayed there. At 7:45 a.m. a worker was tossing large rocks into a metal dumpster (just what you don't want to hear early in the morning). The water smelled horrible as we were showering. We used bottled water to to brush our teeth. The room was lacking some basic amenities like hooks to hang towels, luggage racks, a telephone, and no closet/storage space. Also, even though the lodge appeared only about half full (based on occupied assigned parking spaces), the manager placed a family in an adjoining room. If thin walls and the fact that the adjoining doors having a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom bothers you, then don't stay at Wasser Lodge. The "neighbors" had the volume on their TV blaring and at 12:45 a.m. I stuffed a towel at the bottom of the door which didn't seem to help. At 3 a.m. when I couldn't take it any longer, I loudly knocked on the adjoining door (I would have called them, but there was no telephone in the room). In addition, I heard at least 5 trains going through town (including horns blowing at crossings). When I turned in the key, I had hoped the manager would have asked me how our stay was and I was prepared to let her know. However, she never asked and assume by not asking that she wasn't interested. I don't recall any place I've stayed that the office staff have not inquired as to whether the stay was enjoyable and/or satisfactory. I didn't make it a point to bring it up with the manager, because I honestly believe it would have made me upset and not been beneficial as far as getting any partial refund. My family will never stay at Wasser Lodge again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed at the end of Aug - less kids on the Comal that way. Beth (the owner) was a pleasure - very personable. The rooms were ready early, so she let us check in at noon (most hotel/motels make you wait, just on principle).

An added opinion - while we were waiting in line for the Master Blaster (Schlitterbahn), which overlooks the Wasser, I was talking with a person who was the postman for the nearby area, and he said that the Wasser Haus was the best place to stay in the area - good advice when coming from a long-time New Braunfels native.
Our stay was so good, that we decided to stay there again next year, and to bring our closest friends with us for a reunion.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

The setup of the penthouse was perfectly designed to host large groups. All of the attendees were also amazed at the “extra” amenities like the outside patio and bar, X-box, pool table, TV’s, i-pod jack, surround sound, etc. I know everyone (me included) had a great time and will highly recommend the Wasser Haus & Lodge in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family stayed for 3 days and had a wonderful stay! Our room was clean and tidy. Beth was very accomodating as I had 5 kids with me ages 10, 9, 7 and twins 16 months old. I asked for towels and an additional garbage bag and it was brought to me in less than 10 minutes. The room was clean and organized. The grounds are beutiful and the upstairs deck and the deck on the water were nicely furnished and clean. There were several other people staying in adjacent rooms and we were never disturbed. Conveniently located close to restaurants, water park, etc. This was a great place to stay and I will recommed to everyone I know. We had a fabulous time!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Just want to say Beth and girls were FANTASTIC!!!! They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible even though we were there a bit early. We will definately visit there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

First off we stayed at the Haus, no the lodge. The haus is located directly behind the lodge so the location is the same. The haus was nice, roomy and perfect for our group. We had 16 in our group and all had a very comfortable weekend. The back deck and back porch as well as the deck at the river were GREAT!!! During the day we would sit at the rivers edge and watch all the tubers whiile sipping on a few cold adult beverages. Location is great, right across from schlitterbaun water park and just minutes from anywhere you wanted to eat. Rockin R tubes is right next door and will come pick you up from the house and bring you to your tubing destination. Overall this place is great...perfect for anything you could ask for....Happy to anwer your questions...

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Wasser Haus & Lodge? Share your experiences!