“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   808 Highway 46 South, New Braunfels, TX 78130   |
Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in New Braunfels
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Second stay here. Staff are pleasant, rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Didn't use pool but is a reasonable size and clean. Good location - approx. 45 mins Austin and San Antonio. Recommend visiting Gruene for dinner.

• Stayed August 2013
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Executive Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for this review. Each day my staff strives to bring clean, comfortable accomodations to our guests. I am happy to hear that guests such as yourself, are being well taken care of. We hope to see you again real soon.

Vinay Patel

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Garland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our first time at this place. Apparent recent "face-lift" to the structure, but owner missing details of customer appreciation. More "motel" feeling than "hotel". And yes, they nave a nice vinyl banner that says "motel". But, we've stayed at other places where you REALLY feel welcome. This was basic, basic. Roof over your head and dry. Upside - it was away from freeway and train tracks. And location was easy-in easy-out. A 2-level structure with room entry from outside catwalks and parking lot facing doors. No elevator for elderly, handicapped or lazy. Stairs are the concrete kind housed in metal stair-tred pans, which are rusting out with some edges beginning to curl and are trip hazards. If stairs are being ignored, then what else has the fresh coat of paint covered up? Our room was not vacuumed well. Left-over debris here and there. The shower curtain had mold along the bottom edge of it - yuck. The room had been re-caulked poorly and was already pulling away from the backsplash behind sink, around baseboards and tub area. The bathroom just felt "yucky". It was a feeling and usually feelings are right. The air-conditioner worked, but ever so slowly and low/underpowered. The A/C "clunked" every time the compressor kicked off, occassionally waking me. There was dust everywhere on top edges, surfaces, etc. And a nice yucky filthy bathroom door handle with sort of "gunk" on the handle. We didn't touch it. For the budget-minded this could work. For us though, we will NOT be back. Worst thing was, upon check-out, the person did not ask "how was your stay?" If a place has no interest in your stay, they don't care, and don't care if you come back, which we won't. There are too many other places in New Braunfels that "want" us to stay with them. Lesson learned - sometimes trading $5/night is not worth what you get out of the deal. Do your homework and use Google Street-vue to do a "virtual drive-by" to see your next hotel and the surroundings. And call the hotel and ask "how old it is" and "when was the last facelift/remodel". Check here on TripAdvisor to see what others are saying and online at other sites to check out your next place to stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else where you and your money are appreciated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Positives: Room was clean & people at the front desk were very nice. Convenient location off I-35.
Negatives: Neighborhood is pretty sketchy - Pawn Shop, EZ Loan, laundromat, liquor store, Dollar General, etc. in the nearest strip mall. We were worried that our car might be broken into -- We parked under a light in the parking lot & it was fine. Wifi in room didn't work, and AC was shorting out so we had to turn it completely off. Note to Verizon Wireless users - There is no service inside the room, but you can get one bar in the parking lot.
I was not familiar with the Executive Inn brand but it appears to be a low-budget chain -- Lower than LaQuinta or Holiday Inn Express. More like Motel 6 or Super 8. While the people at the desk were very friendly, I'd look for different lodgings on our next trip through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I was greeted very warmly by the clerk. The room was cean. Almost spotless. Room smelled clean. The bed was great. Slept soundly all night long. The breakfest was great. Best I've had in a hotel in a long time. I will stay here again............

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Clifton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

On check-in, I was told there would be a $50.00 pet fee; something I was not told when making the on-line reservation. When I questioned it the clerk became very adversarial and told me it was all my fault and if I didn't like it I should talk to the manager the next day, which I did. I learned the reason for he clerk's rude attitude: She learned it from the manager ! He repeated the same story with the same combative attitude and acknowledged the the $50.00 was more important to him than his customer.

I have never experience such a lack of customer relations skills, nor such total indeference.

The bathroom was suspect having questionable stains (??) on the wall and mold on every seam of the grout.

I imagine that instead of cleaning the hot tub the just added more chlorine. I think the water is supposed to be blue, not cloudy green. I reeked of chlorine for some time.

There many better choices in New Braunfels at less cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Staff was nice at our late arrival, the location is perfect and the price was very affordable! The only down side is the hot tub isn't hot and the breakfast has a limited selection. As much money as you save and the kindness of the staff make up for the only 2 not so bad remarks! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012
Dale, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The only good thing about this motel is that it was clean. The bed was the worst bed I've ever tried to sleep on. The bed was extremely hard and had springs that poked into my ribs and back. The coffee pot didn't work properly ( coffee went everywhere except into the cup). Staff was friendly enough. Pool had debris in it. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Check the bed before you pay for the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hospitality8, General Manager at Executive Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am terribly sorry your stay was not as pleasant as you expected. I assure you that we will take every action needed to remedy each of these areas of concern. I am happy to hear that my staff was there to assist you. After all, our guests are our number one priority. We will be making all necessary changes soon. If you would give us another opportunity to serve your needs, we would be honored to prove our value to you.

Been to Executive Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!