“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - New Braunfels
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   815 I-35 South, New Braunfels, TX 78130   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Houston, Texas
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

Reading other reviews this place gets a bad wrap. What do you expect for the rate you pay? On the weekends it's going to be more due to the influx of tourists coming to float the river....but it's all relative. It's not in a bad neighborhood, it's New Braunfels, a river community. We rented 3 rooms for a river getaway with our kids and friends. The rooms were perfect size, and the AC was probably one of the best ever. It's located in the middle of everything, shopping, food and of course the river.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have made several attempts to contact the general manager Manish regarding booking errors and have yet to receive a call back or email. It's very disappointing to be ignored on something that could be resolved easily.

Stayed May 2014
Rossford, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a stay twice in the past month at the RedRoof Inn at New Braunfels Texas. The clerk was very helpful both times for our stay. She was very kind and always had a smile and did everything to make our stay a pleasant one. The second stay was in a way unplanned and although check in time was 3:00 we were able to check in at 1:00 and she had gone to the room to see if it was ready. Our first stay had to be extended and she made it possible to add on two days although it turned out only one extra day was needed. I believe her name is Shayln. I was told by the other clerk she has only been there a couple of months. To be honest each clerk i delt with helped all they could with the requests we had. If there comes a time i am in the area this is where i will be staying

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I reserved a room at the Red Roof Inn for a mother daughter weekend for myself and my daughter. The price was very affordable and the staff was very friendly. I was disappointed because our room was supposed to be a non-smoking room and was saturated with the smell of old cigarette smoke, (my daughter has asthma and doesn't tolerate smoke well). The free wi-fi was terrible, I also tried different log ins provided to me by the front desk attendant each day. My computer would log in, the the pages opened so slowly I thought I was back on dial up. Our room was ok, but there were live and dead black beetles all over the property. Some were in our room, one actually was crawling across the ceiling over my daughters bed and fell on her. Their swimming pool was filled with the bugs.
We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and our bed sheets were never changed. The cleaning staff didn't wipe off the counters or tables in our room, the bathroom sink was never cleaned (my makeup powder was still in the sink when we came back in the evenings) and the inside of the toilet had mold around the top edges. The refrigerator stopped cooling the second day.

Since we were only there at night to sleep, I didn't change hotels. I just told my daughter (who is 14) that we would deal with it this week. I did complete a survey sent to me by the Red Roof Inn about my experience at that Inn, which I completed and reported my experience. They did email me back several days later apologizing for my experience.

I would not recommend this particular Red Roof Inn. Location in New Braunfels was excellent, it's a bed to rest your head on each night, otherwise the Inn was not what I expected at all.

Room Tip: Not sure how to recommend a room selection at this Inn due to not recommending it at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Texas Panhandle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am rating this hotel at average, though we will not stay here again. The good: Front desk staff were very nice; quick and accommodating. We told the front desk about a faucet that would not turn off and it was fixed immediately. Room was clean. The bad: we stayed in a back building that has exterior doors, which we like...however, there was a solid rail around/across the entire back and up the side; the parking is inconvenient because you have to walk a distance to get to your room...very inconvenient when you have stuff to unload. No micro-fridge. Internet connection was LOUSY; spotty and only available without issues very early and very late. No excuse for that, and it matters to business travelers. And my biggest complaint....this place is WAAAY overpriced, I suppose because of the Schlitterbahn. But there are much less expensive options within a few miles with better amenities; we will use them next time.

Room Tip: DON'T stay in the back building unless you don't mind walking!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Pam was really friendly and made me feel welcomed. We enjoyed our night there. She made conversation with me about my son & helped with directions to find where we were going. By the way, the directions took us right where we needed! Thank you Pam for a good night stay and not getting us lost!;)

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was here last year at this same time frame and it was really nice----I don't know what changed since then---I was greeted by the same courteous, friendly & professional night desk person from last year. The a/c started to rattle whenever the compressor kicked on---good thing I carry earplugs with me at all times---carpet needs a good steam cleaning, so bring your Febreeze--no hand towels---I arrived late and to exhausted from my drive to bother asking for another room & I didn't feel like carting what I had already unloaded into the room--otherwise, although it is right on the freeway, it was quiet---a/c was nice & cold in spite of the noise it made---I did mention it to the desk person the next morning. The room was clean & comfortable

Room Tip: bring Febreeze to spray the carpet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn - New Braunfels? Share your experiences!