“Great Food and Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 224 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We eat at Huisache's quite often. Food is always great and the service fabulous! We're glad they allow you to bring your own wine and the corkage fee is quite reasonable. Do not sit in the "train room" as it gets quite noisy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seabrook, Texas
“Excellent value, perfect service, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were just driving through and stopped for dinner, what a nice surprise!
Super nice layout, wonderful " garden" and outside/inside sitting area in the back. Smaller rooms makes for a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere.
Menu offers a great selection, and the kitchen is really great - fresh, healthy and very tasty! The chicken tortilla soup was one of the best and the vegetables were perfect al dente. Friendly and professional staff, from start to finish. Priced right!

New Braunfels, Texas
“Excellent food. Emotional Staff. Management?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a native of new braunfels and have enjoyed going here to eat for a very long period of time. Obviously management has changed and I felt like I was rushed through lunch. I had both hostesses ask if I had finished my lunch when clearly there was food left on my plate and another person ask if i wanted dessert, the bill was put on my table when my guest would have liked another beer, my waitress cried when I asked if I could please just be left alone until I finished eating. Honestly, there was no reason for waterworks considering the volume of disgruntled tourists that come through New Braunfels every year. The manager came over and never identified herself to pick up my credit card to pay for the meal, I had to ask her if she was the manager I was served an initial half glass of wine with cork and when I brought to managers attention she argued with me that they pour from marked carafes. I have had other native residents say they have noticed a change and will not be back. It is sad that a place that once was such an enjoyable place to eat has changed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Return trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have since returned here. I am currently on a very strict diet & they have been more than happy to accommodate my request. This makes my meal feel like a treat because I got to eat out rather than prepare my meal in advance myself. The food is great & fresh.

Wimberley, Texas
“We've always had a fine dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've never had a bad meal at Huisache, and both the setting and the restaurant itself are very relaxing.

Last time we enjoyed the oysters appetizer, moist and delicious. The salmon, also moist and cooked as ordered, just a bit pink, was excellent, as usual. The duck salad was perfect and light, saving room for desert.

Huisache has an excellent wine selection and we've not been disappointed with our wine by the glass.

The lemon bar pie and peach crisp were a perfect finish to this meal.

• Visited February 2013