“Great german food n nice little store” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 224 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Great german food n nice little store”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food I was a little scared at first to try new foods but thank goodness I did. It was amazing. The dip was great along with the schnitzel.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montville, New Jersey
“Hearty and Satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It may not be an authentic German Brat but that does not matter to me. Texas knows how to make great sausage too. I had the "Grilled Sausage Sampler" (Bratworst, Knockworst and Smoked Sausage). I washed it down with a pilsner and a sideorder of potato pancakes w/applesauce and I was a very happy man. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. A second pilsner came rather quickly. They have five different kinds of strudel. The strudel was a great end to a hearty satisfying meal. Now if you could have knocked off $2-$3 dollars off the entree and put prices on the menu II would have given Oma's Haus Restaurant 5 STARS. I do not get to the hill country that often for business but when I do, I'd come back for the same meal and strudel.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Braunfels, Texas
“If you like roaches ....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We left hurriedly after several large roaches were spotted, pointed out to the staff, and receiving only a shrug.

Visited August 2013
Oklahoma
“Still stuffed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great German food and atmosphere. We selected the family style for 4 people and were served enormous amounts. Friendly staff. Red cabbage, veal, pork, sausage, various potato dishes all very tasty. Not long of a wait (10 min?) and the place was packed. Glad we went and would go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Love the strudel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had already eaten lunch somewhere else, but we stopped by on our way home to pick up some whole strudels. Some of the best strudel we've ever had, and this time we got to meet & thank the nice lady that made it. We've eaten here in the past, Jaeger Schnitzel was my dinner choice and it was always good. Next time we'll try and get here for a meal too, not just the strudel.

Visited August 2013