“Business with Friends” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 224 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Antonio Street
Description: Myron’s Prime Steakhouse in New Braunfels serves succulent Chicago Prime Beef & offers an extensive wine list & full bar in a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.Myron’s is the only locally owned and operated prime steakhouse and we take pride in that fact by cooking with only the highest-quality ingredients to ensure every bite of your meal is delightful. We have been recognized multiple times by Wine Spectator, receiving awards of excellence for our extensive wine selection. Myron’s offers 350 different labels, including many boutique California wines. Join us for Wine Down Hour everyday from 4 to 6:30 pm where we offer 50% off appetizers, 25% off drinks and wine (bottles under $150).
Bixby
“Business with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Second time visiting Myron's. Always friendly & helpful staff. Food is outstanding and plenty to share. My top pick when in the area.

Visited May 2014

Cibolo, Texas, United States
“Food bland-very overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We ate here for a special occasion. The food was very overpriced and everything was separate, meat one price, each side another, salads ect. The food itself was supposed to be the best around- top meat and specialized sides. The steaks we got, while mostly tender, were very bland. The potatoes, which were supposed to be a Myrons special, were the same things I made growing up, and they were made leftover baked potatoes, I mean they tasted EXACTLY the same. VERY disappointed, and will not go here again. I do have to say the service was good though

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Amazing meal off the main street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Excellent food. Very attentive service. Recommended Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Wow - it was fantastic. Steak was delicious. Truly enjoyable evening. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2014
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Nearly every thing I ordered was wrong. The waiter did bit have the time to discuss the extensive but obscure wine list, and at the prices charged, we weren't that adventitious to blindly order something. My chopped "salad" had the wrong salad dressing, but the waitress would not listen to my protests and disappeared. My Steak was done med well instead of med rare. After sending that one back, I got one that had been immediately taken from the grill without time to rest. Initially, it was medium. As I cut into it, a flood of brown watery juices filled the plate, turning it into soup. (Lack of a proper rest). By the time I could eat it, it was med well again. Spinach was done fine, but it was in a serving bowl in the middle of the table. The only plate I had was filled with steak soup. I had to eat this reaching out into the middle of the table for every forkful.

Our waitstaff could rattle off the evening specials or desserts, but had little to no training how to be an effective waiter. They knew nothing about the food or wine other than its proper noun.

The decor was goofy and not cohesive. (Peach fake silk curtains, mission shutters, random artwork) at least there were no velvet Elvis' and the small plank wood floor (likely original to building) was great.

On the plus side, my wife liked her filet and it was done properly. She'd go back, but it will be without me.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“awful :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was real excited to eat at Myron's on my birthday for the first time and it turned out horrible. The service was good but the food was a ripoff for what you pay. I ordered a steak meadium rare and received it burnt to a crisp with no flavor; I thought they were popular for their steak? I asked politely for a new steak same request and I received another one burnt. Guess I should have asked for rare. Their salad is not a cobb salad nor a regular salad. It's literally a slice of lettuce and ranch on the side, that's it. I would have like to have tomatoes, cheese, cabbage, or at least some carrots with it. The only thing that had taste and was good was the baked potato. I will never go back after paying over $150 for dinner for two. No thanks. I'll spend my money elsewhere like Mcadoos next door.

Visited November 2013