“Better than I expected!!” 5 of 5 stars

T Bar M Resort
2549 Hwy 46 West, New Braunfels, TX 78132   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Midlothian, Texas, United States
“Better than I expected!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

T Bar M was more than we could have asked for! As soon as we arrived we saw a family of deer!! Beautiful!! They were everywhere! Watch out for deer poop when your walking!! Didn't bother us!! The game room and gym were so much fun for all four of us!! The lowest priced room was great!! Next time we'd like to stay in one of the condos. Best part, it is run by a Christian family. This place is beautiful, worth the money w all the extra free family stuff! Better than I expected!!

• Stayed September 2012
Jonathon L, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Hello Amy,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of our property. It is great that you liked seeing the wildlife being active as well as enjoying all the free amenities that we offer on our resort. We always want to make sure that our guests are enjoying themselves. You should definitely come back and stay in one of our condos, you will love it! Come back soon!

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for Labor Day Weekend and was so happy we had found this place. What a diamond in the rough.. Its a very busy place but their is plenty of room and lots to do. The best time to go is when the Sports Complex is open to non-camp folks. Which is Sept 1 - May 22... Book a weekend and see for yourself.. My next stay will be in the cabins they look very nice. Thanks T Bar M Resort Staff...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jonathon L, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello klnhmn,

Thank you so much for an awesome review of our resort. We are glad that you found us and could enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. If you have any pictures of you and your family, be sure to post them on our Facebook, we would love to see them. They could even end up on our website.

See you soon and have a wonderful day!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just spent Labor Day Weekend here and my family had a great time! There is a ton to do--we were thinking about any other places we've been that had more to do...couldn't think of any. While it was busy, there were lots of quiet areas to be by yourself both inside and outside. It's very nice but I guess it's not "fancy" so maybe that's why some folks don't consider it a resort. It's not the type where people wait on you hand and foot...but I paid a very fair price for what we got. The room was nice (simple) but had what we needed...besides, we were too busy to spend much time there. I was surpised at all the extras that nice hotels don't offer...Starbucks coffee in the room, free popcorn and movie, smores at the campfire, free goldfish in the lobby for my 6 year old, a free breakfast which was very nice, the pools were great, the bikes worked, the rocking chairs were very comfortable. Again, it is an active type resort and it is very kid friendly, but it looked like kidless adults enjoyed it too. I will not hesitate to go back in a minute!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello Brian C,

Thank you for the great and honest review of our resort. We are happy to see that your Labor Day Weekend with the family was wonderful. It is evident that you took advantage of everything that we provide to our guests. T Bar M likes to provide a ton of amenities that adults, children, and families can all enjoy and for free.

We hope that you can visit us again soon! Have a wonderful day!
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an awesome resort , friendly staff and a lot of things to do . My kids were excited to go back from a day in the water park to the resort. Breakfast was a plus , Maria was very friendly and very attentive . My favorite is the nightly movies with free ice cream and popcorn. We are definitely coming back ...Thanks to Tbarm M resort staff for your great work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Lily B,

Thank you so much for such a great review! We are happy that you and your family enjoyed all of the free amenities we offer on our property as well as enjoyed our quality customer service.

We can't wait to see you and your family again. Have a great day!
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We are a family on a budget and were referred to T Bar M by a friend who promised our kids would have plenty to do without spending alot of money. We were thrilled that after a long car ride, the kids were able to burn off some energy at the pool and the putting green. The table games in the gym were a huge hit with our middle school boys. I was comfortable in the friendly atmosphere and felt safe letting the kids enjoy the different activities. Our first evening was so relaxing. Our younger children loved watching the movie outside with popcorn while our older children played on the putting green which glows at night. We all had ice cream before getting ready for bed. This was all free of charge. Our room was very nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. The front desk staff even helped us pick out an affordable restaurant and activities in New Braunfels. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room was in the hotel and had two queen beds. It was very nice. The staff did tell us about litt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
michelleh277, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hello Janet640,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about T Bar M! We always want to make sure that our guests love all of our amenities that we offer, and it seems like your family did, which is great to hear. Overall it seems like you and your family had an amazing and relaxing trip and we are happy that you stayed at our resort. Thank you to your friend as well for recommending our property.

Can't wait to see you and your family back here again!
Abilene, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

First off this could be a great place to stay for sports enthusiasts. They have tennis courts every where, horseshoes,washers,basketball courts(indoor) , swimming pool, disc golf, bikes, hiking trails and baseball courts. The highlight of the trip was when my wife and I saw deer grazing at sunset while we were walking back to room. My wife and I had a blast playing each other at all these games and it was all fee fun. We played in the evening to work off our dinner.And the location of the resort was good. We were 10 mins from downtown and Texas tubes and the water park and about 20 mins from natural bridge caverns. all good things.

The bad was Customer service and accommodations. My wife and I were chilling In The pool and we decided to order a couple of drinks to relax. First off the bartender didn't know how to make any of the drinks we asked for. So finally we settled for margaritas. My wife got hers frozen. The bartender put way to much ice in the drink and she was very dissatisfied with her drink and asked the bartender to make a new one on the rocks. He charged her for a the third drink. When I found out I was upset and asked to see a manager. He told me to go to the front desk. When I got to the front desk I was informed there was no manger at night. The lady at the front desk did try to resolve the situation by giving us two more margaritas for free but the bartender should have done that in the first first place. Not send me on a wild goose chase trying to find a manager. The rooms were out dated and beds were kinda firm. The free breakfast was very average and was kinda cold. Bad since they could not keep it hot for an hour.

The ugly was the way the resort makes their money in the summer time. They make their money by having summer camps all week long. You can just imaginebspending the week with about 500 teenagers roaming the area ALL THE TIME. My wife and I felt like we were outcasts in high school while we were walking to the pool in the evenings. One group of kids tried breaking into the pool area. The gate needs a room key and the group was too dumb to figure that out. They were shaking the gate very loudly and were in the process of jumping the gate before a staff member asked if they needed any help. They ran away shortly after that. they also house the kids on the second floor. So of course we get a group of rowdy kids above us. They were either practicing their Mexican rain dance routine or practicing there WWF moves. It really sucked when my wife and I were trying to take a nap in the middle of the afternoon and it was ugly when the ruckus started all over again around 11 :30 at night. I had to call the front desk and it did die down but didn't stop completely. Also the free movie sucked because guess what, all the campers were there to watch it and all they did was horse around. And the ugly part was they watched the movie right outside our room so we heard all the noise till 11:30.

All and all I was super pumped about staying at this place but I was badly disappointed. I felt like a second class citizen to a bunch of teenagers and I felt like I payed way too much money to stay there. There was so much potential for this place but in my option they fell way short. Please stay clear or ask if there is a camp staying there during your visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
michelleh277, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your review. T Bar M wants to continue to provide great customer service and stay for all of our guests.

During the summer, our property does host a variety of events (Corporate Retreats, Family Reunions, Conferences, Drill Team, and Weddings).

We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed all the amenities on our property. We like to provide as many as possible for guests to enjoy.

We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Your review will be distributed to our managerial staff to note your feedback for the "the good, the bad, and the ugly".

Thanks again for the review and have a great day!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had over 25 people coming from all of the United States stay at the T Bar M for my son's wedding in late July. We started planning the stay with Michelle, the event planner in early April. Some of the guests stayed in the delightful villas while others stayed in the Country Inn. The accommodations were nice and clean. The front desk staff was amazing! I brought numerous gift baskets to be given to our traveling guests and the staff greeted them with a basket when they checked in. We also had an injured family member on crutches and they provided him a scooter to use on the property in the entire weekend. The breakfast was amazing too! We loved our time at the T Bar M and will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Try one of the villas - they are wonderful
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
michelleh277, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hi Mrs. Houston,

Thank you for such an amazing review of our property and of your stay here with us!

Congrats on your son getting married last month!!

I will be sure to let Michelle and our Front Desk staff know that you appreciated their help and wrote about them.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Been to T Bar M Resort? Share your experiences!