“I love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 200 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Japanese
“I love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I love hibacchi and this place is no exception. I tend to go here at least once a week for lunch. the food is always good, the staff is great, and I always walk away stuffed plus I have leftovers. The yum yum sauce is the best! I definitely recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Nice friendly atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I recently had dinner at this restaurant, and had a great expereince overall. Great customer service, food selection on the Sushi was nice, just not soo much rice on the nigiri sushi please..

As a local I would reccomend this place on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Driftwood, Texas
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Typically when there are a lot of Japanese Food restaurants in a town, you are sure to find some great ones due to sheer competition. This is a German town, not many Japanese places and therefore I wasn't expecting it to be very good. This one surprised me. I got a New Braunfels Roll from the sushi menu and loved it! The ginger salad dressing was the best I've ever had and I've had Japanese food in a lot of states. The meal was combo Hibachi steak and shrimp. The flavor was excellent. Shrimp was large, plentiful and tender, steak not so much. Pieces were small and very chewy. Waitress was always in a huge hurry so we could never get her to slow down enough to talk to us, fill our tea, bring us anything. She would swoop by the table so fast you couldn't possibly ask her for anything but she was very nice. The temperature was perfect in the restaurant and the place was very clean.

Visited March 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Pretty good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place has become my go-to spot for sushi any time of the week. The waitresses are super friendly, the ambiance is fine, and although it is a strip mall sushi joint, the sushi is pretty good most of the time. They have an extensive list of specialty sushi rolls complete with pictures, all very creative and well presented. There is also a hibachi dining room, which is always packed, the sushi side less so. One weird little thing is that all of the tables are bowed so if you put your drink down it is liable to slide right off the table.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Delicious Food in New Braunfels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Simply fantastic sushi and the best table side preparation of food. No longer will you have to drive into San Antonio for Japanese cuisine. Actually, the food at Bonsai far surpasses that offered in San Antonio anyway...make the drive to New Braunfels instead.

Visited October 2013